What's new

Question - Acidic How can people defend Acidic's OPnes?

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
That's definitely the smallest thing I said after a day of research and practice. I guess they're right about the Kano community...
:p
I don't know what you're getting at but cutthroats safe confirmable 50-50s has been his selling point since day one and the reason his buffs have made little sense

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I don't know what you're getting at but cutthroats safe confirmable 50-50s has been his selling point since day one and the reason his buffs have made little sense
I'm not up-playing or downplaying. I thought Kano was fine before. I think he's fine now.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
When fighting Acidic Alien. I walk back, making it able for none of his acid to hit me. I main Jacqui, and her walk back speed is amazing, not sure if it works for other characters, lab it with your main. Very Patient with Acidic Alien
I haven't really played any really good Acidic players, but I watched an amazing one online - picked up the tech from him - and just destroyed everything and everyone in my path after that. I tend to do dumb shit, but with Acidic - it gets rewarded. Just learn the tech and go ham.

BTW - I'm of the belief that the tweaking is DONE, so its not up-playing or downplaying. It simply is what it is.

I'm gonna break out Acidic from time to time from here on. Why wouldn't I? Acidic is like Putin's EMP - there is no defense.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
All this hate on acidic and I never see anyone say how acid blood hurts alien, not much I grant that but it still hurts him haha!
I've already lost count of the number of times I've lost rounds or matches due to it,or it prevented me from makig a comeback. One % may not be much but when ur at last 5% it actually is. Lets say you use acidic blood 10 times per round , its 10% self dmg .

SkyratiK

The game session is no longer available.
I've already lost count of the number of times I've lost rounds or matches due to it,or it prevented me from makig a comeback. One % may not be much but when ur at last 5% it actually is. Lets say you use acidic blood 10 times per round , its 10% self dmg .
Thank you. People need to understand that for the crazy stacks theyre talking about it does add up. I lost a match because of that 1% self damage.

Should be a Brutality/Hara Kiri just like Kotal if used with only a limited amount of health remaining.

SkyratiK

The game session is no longer available.
I dont play them, but would it even out at all? Like, acid blood is aliens go to tool, so it gets used a lotttt. Do the other self damage moves get used as frequently?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I dont play them, but would it even out at all? Like, acid blood is aliens go to tool, so it gets used a lotttt. Do the other self damage moves get used as frequently?
Well Ruthless is pretty much based on Pain n Gain considering its one of the only things separating it from Vicious...

Kotal's blood sacrifice is never used though.

My assessment is based only on my own limited experience with Kotal. I main Blood God, but this past weekend playing vs Konjurer and Acid was damn near impossible to get in and punish. Aliens low attacks using the tail kept me out of punish range, and the overhead flip I could only punish with a low poke when the fight got in close range. Obsidian totem kept me with meter for breaker, but generally speaking, a fight can't be won by playing only defense (other than boxing). I have to learn the gaps in Aliens strings (if any b/c I have minimal knowledge of the character) in order to figure out when and where I can go on the offensive. Other than that, it was rarely ever my turn vs Acidic because when I did, I got armored through after all the meter gained from me blocking. Then with Konjurer, the facehugger kept me at bay while the overhead queen was used to zone me. When I did get in range to attack, the hugger would be out and my opponent either did a grab leading to hugger attacking me, a low tail whip attack or the overhead flip of which I managed to air grab twice but still did no good b/c of the hugger's proximity. I had a little more wiggle room to work with after switching to War God though.

But recent matches I play, I tend to use Blood Sacrifice unless i'm low on health at least once.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
The people defending Alien need to realise how easy it is to pick up and play acidic. Harassing with d4 into acid spit, then f134 and making a 50/50 out of it. Its horrible design and then in the corner its just low poke acid bath crap; its not skillful, its not fun, its lame.

Alien isn't the only offender. Kotal, Cutt-throat, Demolition, Takeda and Fera are all part of this playstyle that allows what should be unsafe high reward moves to be safe or even plus. Making defense in MKX harder than it should be.

At least eX tail is punishable.

Lol at the person who said sq and alist are braindead, I want what your smoking.
I totally agree to the fact that most of the top characters in MKX promotes / rewards shitty playstyle with no fundamentals

but A-List is totally braindead, and no, hard execution doesnt mean he's not braindead.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
I totally agree to the fact that most of the top characters in MKX promotes / rewards shitty playstyle with no fundamentals

but A-List is totally braindead, and no, hard execution doesnt mean he's not braindead.
Please tell me which characters you feel aren't braindead. I'm intrigued.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Please tell me which characters you feel aren't braindead. I'm intrigued.
Mileena for exemple, she's good and could possibly be top 5 for me, but her playstyle it's basically a mindgame where you need to condition your opponent, it's a fundamental based gameplan and she wins by punishing bad decisions from the opponent...

although she can be a clusterfuck cause of her sais + meterbuild

it's not like johnny where you low profile every mid in the game to guarantee you a f3 into jailing + another mixup, 25-30% combos into restand, a realistically safe armour laucher that AAs as well, plus another free way in against zoning with a really good zoning of his own...

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Mileena for exemple, she's good and could possibly be top 5 for me, but her playstyle it's basically a mindgame where you need to condition your opponent, it's a fundamental based gameplan and she wins by punishing bad decisions from the opponent...

although she can be a clusterfuck cause of her sais + meterbuild

it's not like johnny where you low profile every mid in the game to guarantee you a f3 into jailing + another mixup, 25-30% combos into restand, a realistically safe armour laucher that AAs as well, plus another free way in against zoning with a really good zoning of his own...
Johnny for example, he's good and could possibly be top 5 for me, but his playstyle it's basically a mindgame where you need to condition your opponent, its a fundamental based gameplan and he wins by punishing bad decisions from the opponent...

although he can be a clusterfuck cause of his forceballs + d4

it's not like mileena where she low (sai) profiles all projectiles in the game to guarantee you a b12 into another b12, 35% combos into a restand, an overhead amoured launcher and b1 AAs as well, plus telekick for a free way in against zoning with a really good zoning of her own.