What's new

Question - Acidic How can people defend Acidic's OPnes?

jackempty0

Born on a Monday
Im pretty sure he's the only character that can use breakers and BLOCK BREAKERS offensively by breaking, removing your ability to run, then forcing you to guess where he's going to throw acid. You're eating damage if you block or make the wrong hard read. Broken.
That's the same for all characters. Chip damage exists

jackempty0

Born on a Monday
They did give all zoners some rush-down characteristics. You can zone in MKX, just not from start to finish. NRS, or Paulo, believes that 90% of players will give up on any fighter once they've been kept out all game and beaten a few times. Honestly, I don't think they are wrong.
There not wrong. Have you forgotten the #1 complaint for the first year and a half of injustice

Reactions: GAV

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
Let's be real though. Cyrax's hard to blockables and 40+% meterless were something we really did need added to this game. I think (some of) his nerfs were justified.

Cyber Sub is a different story. Paulo why.
Let's be real about Acidic also.

Vjeekes

DevilApes
I play Acidic for 2 weeks now and I don't see how he would be OP.
he does alot of damage in the corner, thats right! but the corner is where Acidic shines the most.
Some other characters got badass cornergames as well
Acidic really does have some weaknesses!!
Some other characters have less weaknesses and people dont cry about them
Am i really the only one who thinks hellfire scorp is to OP? What about HQT'zoning?
I know, this is another discussion

my point is, Acidic is not OP....

omooba

fear the moobs
I play Acidic for 2 weeks now and I don't see how he would be OP.
he does alot of damage in the corner, thats right! but the corner is where Acidic shines the most.
Some other characters got badass cornergames as well
Acidic really does have some weaknesses!!
Some other characters have less weaknesses and people dont cry about them
Am i really the only one who thinks hellfire scorp is to OP? What about HQT'zoning?
I know, this is another discussion

my point is, Acidic is not OP....
bad ass corner game? lol sorcerer does more METERLESS dmg off his low than acidic does of either 50/50 with a BAR and sorcerer is resetting you into the armor spell meaning he get's at least 1 safe 50/50 that you have to respect can't even armor. and i say at least because depending on what character you are using and whether or not you have meter you might just be fucked oh and it loops into each other. oh and 3 wrong guesses and you're dead. but they're complaining about a video where acidic spent 2 bars and did 3 resets all of which you can poke out of EVERYTIME alien doesn't press d1 and it doesn't even kill after 3 resets that cost a bar. at this point i've given up on convincing these guys

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
@A F0xy Grampa

I owe Foxy Grampa an apology...

Yesterday, I was hung over (I almost never drink to excess), so I did very little. I watched Twitch and I practiced MKXL.

My focus was on the most discussed characters, but I took a special eye to Acidic and Piercing.

Foxy was right. Acidic is braindead in terms of how safe he is. Piercing has a good answer for everything and she can safely zone, but all of her attacks can be hard punished. She's a reactive character. Acidic is a pre-emptive character in that even when he reaches out to touch his opponent with strings, he remains safe after the string. As long as he doesn't get hit out of it, he can finish safely - and his re-stand mixups after that are just insane. He's even more powerful than Pre-Patch Hunter was as he is right now. Acidic is a lot like Swarm Queen in this respect. With SQ, you go into her safe string and cancel out of it to rinse and repeat and its never your opponent's turn. With Acidic, its about re-stands - but he has way more safe options. The lows aren't react-able. The overheads aren't react-able - and they all combo.

Also, Kano has a 6f low kick that's completely safe. How did that elude everyone's notice? (Except Pig's of course...)

Thanks for the clarification Foxy and sorry for doubting your intentions.

Last edited:

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Character is only one month old, look how long it too to find Cage's hardtoblockable. People fail to realize that instead of crying on internet forums they should go into practice mode and learn the MU. It's not that Sonic is pressing a magic button that makes the game play itself. He has skills, knowledge and execution to make any character looks at least good.
In fairness SD HTB has being knowing a long time I got videos from months ago

But the standing HTB has being recently found because of the recent patch as his Sweep is a lot faster and recovers a lot better on hit so the reason it's only found now it's because before hand it was not possible or it was super impractical to execute.

Johnnys tools to do a standing HTB is as old as Alien has being in the game

Last edited:

omooba

fear the moobs
@A F0xy Grampa

I owe Foxy Grampa an apology...

Yesterday, I was hung over (I almost never drink to excess), so I did very little. I watched Twitch and I practiced MKXL.

My focus was on the most discussed characters, but I took a special eye to Acidic and Piercing.

Foxy was right. Acidic is braindead in terms of how safe he is. Piercing has a good answer for everything and she can safely zone, but all of her attacks can be hard punished. She's a reactive character. Acidic is a pre-emptive character in that even when he reaches out to touch his opponent with strings, he remains safe after the string. As long as he doesn't get hit out of it, he can finish safely - and his re-stand mixups after that are just insane. He's even more powerful than Pre-Patch Hunter was as he is right now. Acidic is a lot like Swarm Queen in this respect. With SQ, you go into her safe string and cancel out of it to rinse and repeat and its never your opponent's turn. With Acidic, its about re-stands - but he has way more safe options. The lows aren't react-able. The overheads aren't react-able - and they all combo.

Also, Kano has a 6f low kick that's completely safe. How did that elude everyone's notice? (Except Pig's of course...)

Thanks for the clarification Foxy and sorry for doubting your intentions.
and they all combo for a bar
and the nasty restand is again only plus 1 you're telling me it's never your turn when the restand is only plus 1 on hit? wtf this is what counts as a insane set up now? seriously?
we had a good last patch, and all of it was shat on by putting alien in the game.
BS
im dissapointed in that comment.
felt the exact same way, mostly cus fanboy

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
Thats just too much. We might as well make all of the good specials In MKX deal self damage. Maybe lao's hat could fly off during spin so you cant use it for the round. Why is everyone so eager to nerf and kill alien rather than learning how to deal with him? I agree with maybe making the stack damage less, maybe instead of .5 ticks on the 2nd acid blood maybe doing .3 but I really don't think we need to completely kill another one of his varations yet. Most of his strings are either really slow, unsafe, or both. He does have a relatively hard time dealing with zoning and he isnt too great against pressure characters. Instead of asking for a nerf look at his weaknesses and find a way to exploit them.
I completely agree... if a character is good or even decent, TYM comes in and nerfs them to death. Scorpion/ Tremor/ Tanya/ Triborg etc. rather than learning the matchup, people would rather cry the nerf

Xx-TGODPRINCE-Xx

New Patch!!!
Nrs said they are done with patching anyway ( till evo at least) so I dont see the point in this thread.

+ I love when ppl who have no clue talk that smth is op and need to be nerfed.
All this hate on acidic and I never see anyone say how acid blood hurts alien, not much I grant that but it still hurts him haha!

OfficialYungmonster

Run and Tell ya mama bout that
Just look at this ESL clip... I mean come on.. this is BS. Even on block the damage is out of control. I'm normally a anti-nurf crier but this needs to be addressed... it is total bunk.

http://loopthetube.com/#K9l2wRVtTT4&start=29.169&end=48.204
When fighting Acidic Alien. I walk back, making it able for none of his acid to hit me. I main Jacqui, and her walk back speed is amazing, not sure if it works for other characters, lab it with your main. Very Patient with Acidic Alien