What's new

Question - Acidic How can people defend Acidic's OPnes?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Woah woah woah calm down man i didn't specifically say you wanted him killed lol i was just saying in general bruh :eek:
Even Jynks who made the thread said he would just like to see the DoT reduced. People aren't asking him to be nerfed to the ground, people are asking for one thing to be reduced. There's things about all of the top 5 that could be tweaked to make the game more balanced but I doubt there will be any patches after this.

SkyratiK

The game session is no longer available.
Even Jynks who made the thread said he would just like to see the DoT reduced. People aren't asking him to be nerfed to the ground, people are asking for one thing to be reduced. There's things about all of the top 5 that could be tweaked to make the game more balanced but I doubt there will be any patches after this.
At the start yeah, but now people want to change tail flip on block, add more self damage to acid blood and whatever else they can come up with to basically ruin this variations viability.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Im pretty sure he's the only character that can use breakers and BLOCK BREAKERS offensively by breaking, removing your ability to run, then forcing you to guess where he's going to throw acid. You're eating damage if you block or make the wrong hard read. Broken.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Im pretty sure he's the only character that can use breakers and BLOCK BREAKERS offensively by breaking, removing your ability to run, then forcing you to guess where he's going to throw acid. You're eating damage if you block or make the wrong hard read. Broken.
I was wondering when your goofy ass was going to post.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Im from EU too, we played last night boxy :3
YOURE NIEMBOGA OMG YAY

Bro. More fights. All of the fights.
I will officially make this the Alien VS Box Campaign and fight every Alien player there is on Live, gather the results, and we'll see where we end up.
The first year of MKX is almost in the books and I don't wanna see any more characters get nuked.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I'm not gonna deny that SQ is pretty auto pilot, but Alien is a bigger offender IMO.
im dissapointed in that comment.

he is no different than any other top character.

as for dots
50's into dOT hell reptile has that, so does erron.

he is far from broke now, are you saying that in less than 2 weeks you give up on finding solutions to your matchup problems.

Don't you use Mileena and im sure she has the tools to deal with alien.

the way i see it, its been under two weeks since patch, if any top player says on here alien or anyone else is broken then by all means go to EVO/ESL and use that broken character to win, beat sonic fox and then you can call said character broken, but if this is some childish atempt to nerf a character because they can not win against Sonic Fox then keep it out of the respected forums.

im curious to here what sonic says about Alien, is he OP or do they not know the matchup yet?
@SonicFox5000

Doesnt that kind of hurt your argument though? The character is only a month old, you never know what kind of tech will be found.

I said I wanted the DoT adjusted and thats it. Stop being so dramatic.
it hurts everyones nerf argument as well, who knows if he has very bad openings, gaps, or weaknesses.

who knows he might be easy to stop like sonic says, basically he says they made huge mistakes that he capitalized off of to win those matches.

Last edited:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
@Tom Brady
@General M2Dave

These two guys have made me understand...

If this game were perfectly balanced, almost no one would be happy.

Brady explained how matchups get skewed in the beginning because an even matchup against an even opponent feels very tough, so we tend to under-rate our character choice in the matchup - while our opponent tends to do the same. It takes a real pro, or a very disciplined player, to see through this.

M2Dave has explained how this game is pro rush-down and anti-zoning.

So, the only happy ones would be pros who are pro-rush-down players.

...and we haven't even started into discussing the unlikelihood of achieving even matchups across the board.

Is perfect balance having all players in the same tier - or - is it 5-5 matchups across the board ???

SkyratiK

@Tom Brady
@General M2Dave

Brady explained how matchups get skewed in the beginning because an even matchup against an even opponent feels very tough, so we tend to under-rate our character choice in the matchup - while our opponent tends to do the same. It takes a real pro, or a very disciplined player, to see through this.

...and we haven't even started into discussing the unlikelihood of achieving even matchups across the board.

Is perfect balance having all players in the same tier - or - is it 5-5 matchups across the board ???
Perfect balance is achieved differently for every player as they want their mains to remain the way they are while nerfing all opposition. James Hetfield says it's sad but true.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Plenty of people use hellfire lol, it's scorpions best varistion and the only thing it lacks is armor.
that is most definitely not all that Hellfire lacks haha, if you want I can message you and tell you more

I miss the old days when games were coming out and there was no patches or fixes. It was like it was released . No crying for nerfs/buffs. I think it was better. Now its like "ok lets realease this game and see how it turns out and we patch /fix it later" If there was no patches/fixes they might actually test and balance this game before release .
patching is a good thing for games. It critically saves balance issues in many games. The ages of patches is incredible for competitive gaming, and just gaming in general. The issue is NRS's balancing method. They have a guy employed who simply does not understand the game at a fundamental level, making the final calls on balance issues. As such, instead of being able to recognise and change issues where necessary, and instead of being able to filter bad advice and downplay from real advice, he puts stock into some of the dumbest posters up in here and we end up with patches like the one that gave Quan Chi, an already agreed top 3 character, ridiculous buffs all the way to S+ tier at the time. While Hat Trick continues to get nerfed every patch.

Can you imagine how much better this game would be if someone like REO was in charge of balancing?

Last edited:

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
that is most definitely not all that Hellfire lacks haha, if you want I can message you how to play against Hellfire

patching is a good thing for games. It critically saves balance issues in many games. The ages of patches is incredible for competitive gaming, and just gaming in general. The issue is NRS's balancing method. They have a guy employed who simply does not understand the game at a fundamental level, making the final calls on balance issues. As such, instead of being able to recognise and change issues where necessary, and instead of being able to filter bad advice and downplay from real advice, he puts stock into some of the dumbest posters up in here and we end up with patches like the one that gave Quan Chi, an already agreed top 3 character, ridiculous buffs all the way to S+ tier at the time. While Hat Trick continues to get nerfed every patch.

Can you imagine how much better this game would be if someone like REO was in charge of balancing?
Yeah true thats why I always think if balancing a game is such a problem for nrs why they dont pay some top player like reo to help them ? Or maybe they should not make fg's at all if they cant balance it ? Mk xl is better than injustice or mk9 in terms of balance ( at least we dont have kabal or mmh here ) but its still a big issue for them . Variation system is not helping in balance either and im not a fan of it.

SkyratiK

Yes, but next time they should do only 2 per character.:)
If what I Got Hands said is true, and they dont have the right guy for the job, the variations arent reaching their full potential. They should have a team of respected members voting to see what needs to be fixed. There would be no issue with the three variations. I personally feel like three is a good number as long as theyre all both balanced and viable at the same time.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
variation system is the single best idea in the entirety of MKx.
Yea it was definitely a good idea on paper. Like many ppl said b4, just poorly executed.
@Tom Brady
@General M2Dave

Brady brought up a great point with balancing. Honestly balancing had to do more with the core gameplay as u arent going to have a balanced game with the pro rush down and anti zoning style of MK there is no way zoners would have any viability when it comes to true balance. It's fundamental issues which hinders the balance

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Yea it was definitely a good idea on paper. Like many ppl said b4, just poorly executed.

Brady brought up a great point with balancing. Honestly balancing had to do more with the core gameplay as u arent going to have a balanced game with the pro rush down and anti zoning style of MK there is no way zoners would have any viability when it comes to true balance. It's fundamental issues which hinders the balance
They did give all zoners some rush-down characteristics. You can zone in MKX, just not from start to finish. NRS, or Paulo, believes that 90% of players will give up on any fighter once they've been kept out all game and beaten a few times. Honestly, I don't think they are wrong.

Noob
TYM needs to make a separate section for people who want to cry instead of labbing. Make it a premium access only section. Would help with characters not getting destroyed because of people not wanting to lab.

MadeOfMetal

That wouldn't work, they have to remove all bias. like how recently he stated Kabal in MK9 was fair as many top players do with their character, and complain about others.

that why no tournament registered player is allowed to balance and play at the same time.

they should just hire QA's that have a high level of gameplay.

or let characters live for 5 months untill every matchup is figured out and possibly every problem is rooted out by itself

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
That wouldn't work, they have to remove all bias. like how recently he stated Kabal in MK9 was fair as many top players do with their character, and complain about others.

that why no tournament registered player is allowed to balance and play at the same time.

they should just hire QA's that have a high level of gameplay.

or let characters live for 5 months untill every matchup is figured out and possibly every problem is rooted out by itself
The issue with letting too powerful of characters rock for too long is they kill the game with their ridiculousness

prepatch superman and black adam practically murdered injustice single handedly

MadeOfMetal

The issue with letting too powerful of characters rock for too long is they kill the game with their ridiculousness

prepatch superman and black adam practically murdered injustice single handedly
lol we can put it this way, if a character magically starts winning every tourny we will no he is broken and needs adjusting.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
I like Alien, a lot, but Acidic is the most insane character in KP2.
Obviously, nerf Triborg.
Let's be real though. Cyrax's hard to blockables and 40+% meterless were something we really did need added to this game. I think (some of) his nerfs were justified.

Cyber Sub is a different story. Paulo why.