What's new

HOT TAKE: The cyborg in the Noob Saibot trailer is Hydro and he will be DLC down the line.

Will Hydro be a DLC character?

• Yes.

Votes: 18 14.9%
  • No.

Votes: 74 61.2%
  • I hope so.

Votes: 29 24.0%

• Total voters

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
We have Goro's Lair and no playable Goro. ``\_(~")_/``

But it does seem to strongly suggest that MK11 Frost is a cyborg.
It's not the same though.

Goro's Lair is a classic stage, the Tekunin Assembly Line is new (and awsome). Besides we saw Scorpion and Sub Zero fight cyborgs, so I'm positive we are going to get at least 1 playable robot. DLC at the very least.

I'll now quote the line, which I've read like a thousand times in the last few weeks (it's driving me nuts):

"NRS said they wouldn't sell the same character as DLC twice."
That shit dont mean anything cuz at some point they wont have a choice plus fans want Rain and constantly harass Boon about it

It's not the same though.

Goro's Lair is a classic stage, the Tekunin Assembly Line is new (and awsome). Besides we saw Scorpion and Sub Zero fight cyborgs, so I'm positive we are going to get at least 1 playable robot. DLC at the very least.
If we get Triborg as DLC or if the robots turn out to be the unlockables that would be amazing

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
If we get Triborg as DLC or if the robots turn out to be the unlockables that would be amazing
Triborg only worked in MKX because of that game's gimmick and because they were starving for actually good DLC characters. He shouldn't come back.

Cyrax, Sektor, Hydro and/or some new cyborgs are most welcome though.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I just want Sektor, no Triborg shit, just Sektor. He's by far the most needed cyborg in the game, sure Cyrax give both color and awesomeness to the dull special forces, but Sektor is just too awesome. I love rivalry between Cyrax and Sektor as well..

All other robots can fuck off, I really hope Frost isn't a cyborg, that is so cheap.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I'll take Cyber Frost please if it at least gets me a Borg lol.
A cyber Frost? That would make me sad. I'm always in favor of more females in fighters. After all, mainly males are at tournaments. It's nice to see something beautiful on screen kicking ass.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
The prospect of Cyber Frost is actually quite exciting. If she's just a female version of Sub-Zero (basically Killer Frost from Injustice) then what's the point? Pushing her characterisation, story arc, and design forward will benefit her in the long run.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Triborg only worked in MKX because of that game's gimmick and because they were starving for actually good DLC characters. He shouldn't come back.

Cyrax, Sektor, Hydro and/or some new cyborgs are most welcome though.
I can't remember who said it, but I thought it was a great point: actually MK11 works even better for Triborg than MKX did. To the extent that Triborg is supposed to make sense at all, he's not actually three separate bodies, he's a single body with the equipment and abilities of every previous cyborg combined. So the ability to mix'n'match all the cyborg skills into one kit would play right into that.

The great thing about Triborg is that he's a single gameplay character who allows for multiple different characters to appear in the story. Give him a red paint job, equip the rockets and flamethrower, and voila you have Sektor in the story. Give him a yellow paint job, equip the saw, net, and grenades, and voila you have Cyrax. All off of one roster spot.

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
Since Hydro uses both water and ice skills, I think including Hydro would be a great way for NRS to bring back cyber sub-zero's gameplay without ruining lore and story and being able to keep the character's gameplay going in the future. No one liked sub becoming a cyborg, but people liked the gameplay. I really doubt in future games they'd re-cyborg sub-zero, so this is their outlet that lets them get away with it. Though Frost could also fill that roll

Cassie Cyrus

It’s really funny how people are against turning cassie cage into a version of sonya blade, but they are perfectly fine with combining sektor and cyrax, two very different characters as well...

I can't remember who said it, but I thought it was a great point: actually MK11 works even better for Triborg than MKX did. To the extent that Triborg is supposed to make sense at all, he's not actually three separate bodies, he's a single body with the equipment and abilities of every previous cyborg combined. So the ability to mix'n'match all the cyborg skills into one kit would play right into that.

The great thing about Triborg is that he's a single gameplay character who allows for multiple different characters to appear in the story. Give him a red paint job, equip the rockets and flamethrower, and voila you have Sektor in the story. Give him a yellow paint job, equip the saw, net, and grenades, and voila you have Cyrax. All off of one roster spot.
Not bringing him back was a huge oversight. A robutt fits the customization system like nothing else.

It’s really funny how people are against turning cassie cage into a version of sonya blade, but they are perfectly fine with combining sektor and cyrax, two very different characters as well...
I'll give you Cyrax, but Sektor barely registers as a character. He's about as charismatic as the generic grey borgs. Anyway, even under Triborg, Cyrax and Sektor can still retain individualism in the story mode and in intros and preset variations (likely the tournament standard). Maybe not in cinematics, animations, etc., but the point of Triborg is for NRS to take shortcuts and give us 3-4 characters' worth for the work of 1. I wouldn't mind having both, but NRS apparently does, and this is probably the best one can get at this point. If I'm wrong, and we surprisingly see Cyrax and/or Sektor show up as DLC, I will happily eat my words.

Last edited:

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
No no no! It's just WRONG combining characters like that! I know it can work for casulas as a crowd-pleaser but for hardcore MK fans? How can you consider Triborg as right equivalent for Cyrax and Sektor? Sektor is actually in my top3 characters in the MK Universe. Cyrax is also great, unique and making him a Special Forces member would give them more diversity. I would love to have both of them in the game and in the story as a separate characters and will NEVER consider it a waste of a roster spots.

On Hydro.'s inclusion.. well... It COULD work, but making him playable with water powers will piss people off (myself included). So I'm happy for him only if Rain is base roster and his powers are not really similiar.

On Frost's situation, I think I still need to see more of her, get to know the motives, background etc. and then I will formulate my opinion. For now, I'm more on the side of disliking the idea, but it can change.

Cassie Cyrus

Some people are just suckers for good-alignment folks and heroes...

They can't take villains seriously... A shame, they have so much more to offer than just another boring hero.

In my experience, people that love heroes are mostly dull people, never hang out with them a lot, they play soccer and talk about footballers and heroes like superman, wolverine and batman. I'll hang out with the people who like Poison Ivy, Riddler and Mileena. Much better.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I don't agree with Triborg being the substitute for Cyrax. Cyrax was always unique in that he hated being a cyborg. It would ruin his character to just have him being another basic bad dude.

I'm totally fine with Triborg replacing Sektor though. They're pretty much the same character lore wise, Triborg is just a better fighter.

Reactions: Zev

Cassie Cyrus

Yeah, lets destroy Sektor by giving him a STUPID name (Triborg, like what) and non-canon bodies, like Cyber Sub-Zero and Cyber-Smoke...

THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!

Please remove your Sektor avatar, you don't deserve to wear it, wear Cyrax instead.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
If Sektor upgrades himself in the story to actually possess Cyrax's and Robo-Smoke's features, he should still be called Sektor though. No place for any shitty-tri-cyborg things in the MK lore. Glad he is not canon, and hope he will never be.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Yeah, lets destroy Sektor by giving him a STUPID name (Triborg, like what) and non-canon bodies, like Cyber Sub-Zero and Cyber-Smoke...

THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!

Please remove your Sektor avatar, you don't deserve to wear it, wear Cyrax instead.
Today you're being dumber than usual, wow

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
I will laugh my damn ass off if Hydro makes it in before Rain omfg that'd be the craziest shit. The Rain fans would have a stroke.
He won't, Rain was DLC first :DOGE
Also I agree Hydro could be DLC. We've seen it happen to background characters before. I doubt it's CSZ. The image looks more like a construction of the ceyborg than a disassembly. CSZ wiuldn't have to be reassembled.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah

THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!

Cyber Smoke and Cyber Sub-Zero are still canon. The Lin Kuei still planned on trying to cyberize them, so their schematics exist in this timeline. Triborg just used that info to give himself those abilities.

Cassie Cyrus

Cyber Smoke and Cyber Sub-Zero are still canon. The Lin Kuei still planned on trying to cyberize them, so their schematics exist in this timeline. Triborg just used that info to give himself those abilities.
It's cheap, we don't need another Sub-Zero wannabe, and I never liked or cared for Robo-Smoke. They better put their energy into turning Enenra/Smoke into his own awesome character, he has enough fans for that.

Sektor was perfect as he was, didn't need more robot bodies to make him cooler, or Mortal-Teens to take his abilities away from him.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Triborg is Sektor though. The Tekunin was the eventual evolution of Sektor's storyline and Triborg beat him to it this timeline. He's better in every way

And this is coming from someone who just bought a $400 Sektor statue. I've loved th cyborgs since I was a toddler, and Triborg is a straight up wet dream for me