What's new

HOT TAKE: The cyborg in the Noob Saibot trailer is Hydro and he will be DLC down the line.

Will Hydro be a DLC character?

• Yes.

Votes: 18 14.9%
  • No.

Votes: 74 61.2%
  • I hope so.

Votes: 29 24.0%

• Total voters

Gamer68

Fujin!
I think it could be Cyber Sub-Zero from the past, but at the same time there's a cutscene of current-time Sub-Zero and Scorpion taking down some generic Lin Kuei cyborgs around a similar location, so I don't know...

I hope he's DLC. There's a lack of cyborgs in the game, plus in MK9 they did Skarlet and in MKX they did Tremor, so maybe he can be this game's equivalent.

why wouldn't it just be tri-borg?
I don't think Tri-Borg is canon, plus his base color is gray, not blue.

EDIT: Plus he can't be DLC again.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Honestly I'd be all for Hydro, give me something new. It's not like the Cyborgs are adding a ton of personality to the roster, I don't need K&M in every game.

It would be a cool way to do the Chameleon/Triborg concept, but just make it a super customizable Cyborg rather than having washed down versions of Sektor, Cyrax, etc.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
That's def Hydro. Cyber Sub has a distinct sky blue tint to him.
But I don't think this points to him being playable. Just a background npc.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I do see that cyborg becoming a playable dlc character at some point, but im not sure it will be Hydro specifically. The idea of a robot that uses water is kind of funny lol

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
I bet Frost somehow takes control of the Lin Kuei (probably with Kronika's help) reinstates the cyber initiative starting with herself. Sub teams up with Scorpion to take her down. Personally I think the cyborg in the background is just a generic or maybe perhaps a nod to Hydro. But unlikely he will be dlc.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
One day someone will source that comment.

One day.
The closest I've ever been able to find to the actual quote that gets thrown around is this from GamesCom in 2014:

https://www.ign.com/videos/2014/08/15/mortal-kobmat-x-ed-boon-on-the-story-returning-finishers-and-mk-vs-street-fighter-gamescom-2014

at 1:50

BOON: "We haven't determined the final DLC characters in the game. Rain was a DLC character in MK9 so the only thing I would say to that is his chances would be less likely, and... because we want to do as much new stuff as possible in MKX."​

So less firm than people tend to make it, but I think it indicates they're not keen on repeats.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
If they're not going to repeat DLCs and no cyborgs are in the base game, looks like they won't be in period. There is still hope for human Smoke.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I bet Frost somehow takes control of the Lin Kuei (probably with Kronika's help) reinstates the cyber initiative starting with herself. Sub teams up with Scorpion to take her down. Personally I think the cyborg in the background is just a generic or maybe perhaps a nod to Hydro. But unlikely he will be dlc.
That's a great shout about Frost. Because given the roster we know, it's really hard to figure out how they could play a role in the story otherwise.

Which characters could possibly have a vested interest in rebuilding the Tekunin? Bi Han Sub-Zero from the past, maybe. Frost, either from the past or present. Kano and the Black Dragon? That's basically the complete list of characters either linked to the Lin Kuei, or tech-savvy enough to pull it off.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
That's a great shout about Frost. Because given the roster we know, it's really hard to figure out how they could play a role in the story otherwise.

Which characters could possibly have a vested interest in rebuilding the Tekunin? Bi Han Sub-Zero from the past, maybe. Frost, either from the past or present. Kano and the Black Dragon? That's basically the complete list of characters either linked to the Lin Kuei, or tech-savvy enough to pull it off.
Yeah -- Sub-Zero embarrassed Frost in MKX and we know from the original timeline that she's a scheming traitor. The leaked images of her look partially cybernetic. It's a good theory.