What's new

'Hopefully, if we’ve done our job right, we’ll have left our fans still wanting more' - and we're always ready to take their money!

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I’m lost, you said you don’t play online, so no struggle either, right?
Also, how ya gonna knock peoples complaints on the games when you don’t play against other humans? Ya know, the place where game balance matters?
I’m not trying to really even single you out, but I know the shoe fit.
You're the one swinging his penis around, claiming victories, not me.

I never knocked anyone's complaint. If one thinks that MK11 is a mediocre/horrible MK game, that's one's right to have. I just think that it's asinine to have that opinion about the game … then complain about the DLC's price, as if one is planning to own that DLC day one. Why buy day one something for a game one considers mediocre? That's just stupid.

Last edited:
I just...don't agree with this mentality. Let's for a moment take away the fact that the publisher of this game is WB. You're talking about a team of developers, artists, high profile actors, marketing people, and other folks we don't see the impact of working on an interactive movie and game content for over a year. And people just know what that costs? Or more laughably, want that for free? Actually, phrased differently, some of that is free and they want more for free. I already think that's ridiculous, but then people take it further and imply that charging anything but a nominal fee is a moral transgression against "real fans". NRS wants to take people's money? Of course they do. They're a business, that's the purpose. We give them money and they give us stuff.

I get that it feels weird that people who have bought everything are not the ones getting the discount here, but how should they do it? People are implying that people who already own everything should get a discount and newcomers should pay full price, but then who would pay full price? If I'm a newcomer, wouldn't I just buy everything else first, and then immediately buy the upgrade? Should it be people who have owned the game for some amount of time? How much time? How do they validate that? Would people feel better if it cost the same to everyone? Are publishers not morally allowed to do bundle deals including stuff you already own when new content comes out?

Maybe the new content feels expensive for people, but I don't understand the emotional part of this. This isn't fuckin insulin, it's a video game. Buy it or don't buy it, but you're not being extorted. If you feel really awful about it, send NRS a message by not buying it. If enough people feel that way, I guarantee their BI people will discover that their price point is probably wrong (or that MK is not where they want to put their efforts going forward).

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
You're the one swinging his penis around, claiming victories, not me.

I never knocked anyone's complaint. If one thinks that MK11 is a mediocre/horrible MK game, that's one's right to have. I just think that it's asinine to have that opinion about the game … then complain about the DLC's price, as if one is planning to own that DLC day one. Why buy day one something for a game one considers mediocre? That's just stupid.
See, still, you only seem to grasp your own opinion. It’s not stupid to buy the DLC for my current favorite fighting game day 1, simply because I wish my favorite fighting game was better. But surely you telling people that their actions and opinions are contradictory and invalid while constantly flooding our COMPETITIVE forum with wishes of DLC so you can get blown up by lasers and TREXs while playing with your favorite Barbie on ToT isn’t at all stupid or annoying or misplaced or anything.

Also, not swinging my dick at anything it wouldn’t knock to the ground, ole chap.

The price is too high. DLC story for a fighting game is pretty fucking lame if you ask me. This story was ass to begin with. Very well produced ass, but ass all the same. I’m not allowed to wish it cost less? Bizarre. You must be so happy to have the best and most sensible preferences and opinions.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Here's a thought.

You own a business. You build custom cars and sell them at a base price which is clearly stated on the window.

You offer custom upgrades which are available which require more time and work to implement and require a high degree of skill. Some of these upgrades will be available in the future when they are ready for production.

Your customer who buys a car from you decides that they want these upgrades and think they should not have to pay for them. Their explanation is most cars don't hold their value and if they wait a year or more, they can get the upgraded version of the car at a much lower price. They expect to be able to bring their car in when the future upgrades are ready for production to be added at no cost to them. They expect you to pay for the parts and the skilled laborers to build and implement them.

Are you going to agree with them and give them the upgrades/labor for free? Can your business survive thousands of free upgrades since you likely have to pay salaries for skilled workers and buy materials? From a business standpoint how does any of this make any sense to anyone reading this?

Honestly, I could spend $40.00 on a cheap dinner for my family instead of cooking a fantastic meal at home. Unless you are unemployed and times are tough, which I know for some of us they are, $40.00 is a small price to pay for just about anything. If you don't like this game you should not be playing it and definitely should not be concerned about paying $40.00 for DLC.

This is just my opinion so I could be dead wrong here.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
See, still, you only seem to grasp your own opinion. It’s not stupid to buy the DLC for my current favorite fighting game day 1, simply because I wish my favorite fighting game was better. But surely you telling people that their actions and opinions are contradictory and invalid while constantly flooding our COMPETITIVE forum with wishes of DLC so you can get blown up by lasers and TREXs while playing with your favorite Barbie on ToT isn’t at all stupid or annoying or misplaced or anything.
I'm talking about members here who feel the need to remind us daily how bad this game is, how boring, how this, how that … and complain about the price of the DLC.

Not even going to bother with that Barbie crap you sprouted.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Here’s a scenario:
I like McDonalds Chicken Nuggets, but dont like their hamburgers.

I bought 6 chicken nuggets for $4 and enjoyed them.
McDonald’s now offers 3 chicken nuggets and a hamburger for $4.
I will not eat the hamburger. I don’t care that it costs money for them to make the hamburger, as I don’t like it nor do I want to buy it. That is too much money for me to pay for half the amount of nuggets I want, regardless of it comes with something useless to me.
It has nothing to do with entitlement, it’s strictly business.
Maybe my complaint is different than the ones claiming theyve already spent so much, I simply just want to be able to buy the characters separately because the story mode to me is so damn pointless.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
You can either wait until the game goes on sale or you pre-order it because you want the bonuses and you want to play it now rather than later (big releases always go on sale). That is entirely your choice. You spent that much, you could have waited a year, we all could have, but we made the choice to pre-order last year.

Sure, video games prices are ridiculous, even the controllers cost almost as much as a damn game (at least in Canada 79$ for a game 69$ for a controller). But we keep pre-ordering and we keep buying the DLC's so they'll keep sellin' 'em and makin' money.

shrug, s'how it works.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please

Also, not swinging my dick at anything it wouldn’t knock to the ground, ole chap.

The price is too high. DLC story for a fighting game is pretty fucking lame if you ask me. This story was ass to begin with. Very well produced ass, but ass all the same. I’m not allowed to wish it cost less? Bizarre. You must be so happy to have the best and most sensible preferences and opinions.
There is definitely nothing wrong with wanted this to cost less. I suspect the cost of this is to pay the actors their fee as well as the developer salaries which, speaking from experience are quite high. You should not have to defend yourself with this opinion. There are those of us who don't mind paying for these upgrades so we should not have to be put on blast either. The way I see it, if I don't want the DLC I won't buy it. I have Soul Calibur 6. I have not bought the Season 2 DLC and don't plan on it. I'm not saying you are trying to change peoples minds on the DLC, but in general what I don't do is go on a thread and explain to readers that they are silly for paying for content that they like/want. I have seen many examples of people on this site doing just that. Just read this thread for proof.

definitely not droppin 40 on the rest of a story and characters i don't need (fujin looks dope and while sheeva deserves a spot i don't play sheeva. plus she ugly). keep hearing people can't find the characters to buy separately but that'll probably change once they actually drop.

Reactions: Zgf
LOL. Well-said. I feel the same way.

I tend to stay away from discussions about prices. The reality is that some people have more cash in their pockets than others while some people rarely play anything that is not Mortal Kombat so they save up in order to purchase all the content. The discussion is subjective in nature.

I guess in order to give people some perspective, I remember when Namco released the frame data add-on, a feature that NRS fighting games have had for free for the previous three games, for Tekken 7. The optional add-on costs five dollars, yet Harada and Murray received lots of criticism, which I thought was silly. Of course, there is a difference between five and forty dollars, especially now that 33 million people are unemployed in the U.S.

I do believe that these prices are too high, but animating the story mode costs a lot of money from what I hear and hence the high prices. Most players on this website are only interested in the characters anyway.
you think criticizing having to pay for frame data is silly?

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
There is definitely nothing wrong with wanted this to cost less. I suspect the cost of this is to pay the actors their fee as well as the developer salaries which, speaking from experience are quite high. You should not have to defend yourself with this opinion. There are those of us who don't mind paying for these upgrades so we should not have to be put on blast either. The way I see it, if I don't want the DLC I won't buy it. I have Soul Calibur 6. I have not bought the Season 2 DLC and don't plan on it. I'm not saying you are trying to change peoples minds on the DLC, but in general what I don't do is go on a thread and explain to readers that they are silly for paying for content that they like/want. I have seen many examples of people on this site doing just that. Just read this thread for proof.
I dont think anyone is dumb for buying or not buying this, I think you know that. I just supremely dislike this sites meta. Rather than strike/throw like mk11, this site has a heavy "present opinions as moral and intellectual superiority," meta. A persistent "This company is making games out of the kindness of their heart and not for money," meta. Its like North Korea in here. Dont dare go against the hivemind, dont share any negative opinion, do not disagree, do not defend, do not articulate thoughts, and if you do, why would you play the game? Why would you care to play a game that you have opinions on? What a waste, how dumb.

People who say they HATE the game, I get thinking they may need to step away, however we all get tilted(well the ones of us who actually play the game as intended) from time to time. But thinking its boring is valid, and you can still love MK and think this game could be made more exciting. Thinking its not deep doesnt mean you shouldnt play it. Tetris isnt deep but its one of the most popular games of all time. Why do certain members want LESS people to play this? Ill answer, Narcissism.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
I almost never buy dlc, because I feel like the base game is a complete game. I don't have that wierd ocd you guys have and frankly NRS games are huge enough for me to not buy anything extra. Now, I did buy Lei Wulong for Tekken 7 because he is my main since T2 and the game felt empty without him. My point is, if you aren't competetive and travel to tournaments, just buy the characters you deem is missing to you. I doubt your MK experiences will be any less if you don't give NRS money for characters that you will try once or twice and still play that stupid yellow ninja from day 1.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
I dont think anyone is dumb for buying or not buying this, I think you know that. I just supremely dislike this sites meta. Rather than strike/throw like mk11, this site has a heavy "present opinions as moral and intellectual superiority," meta. A persistent "This company is making games out of the kindness of their heart and not for money," meta. Its like North Korea in here. Dont dare go against the hivemind, dont share any negative opinion, do not disagree, do not defend, do not articulate thoughts, and if you do, why would you play the game? Why would you care to play a game that you have opinions on? What a waste, how dumb.

People who say they HATE the game, I get thinking they may need to step away, however we all get tilted(well the ones of us who actually play the game as intended) from time to time. But thinking its boring is valid, and you can still love MK and think this game could be made more exciting. Thinking its not deep doesnt mean you shouldnt play it. Tetris isnt deep but its one of the most popular games of all time. Why do certain members want LESS people to play this? Ill answer, Narcissism.
Constructive criticism it's always welcome as it can often lead to good outcomes. This is a solid response as I agree that the gameplay should be spiced up a bit beyond just the expected balance patch.

Do MK11 characters just cost so much more to make?
Quite likely, actually.

The optional add-on costs five dollars, yet Harada and Murray received lots of criticism, which I thought was silly.
Honestly, I think these criticisms were fair. Frame data displays and other learning tools should be part of the standard for fighting games, yet somehow this genre is still ages behind the rest of the industry when it comes to player information.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm

Says the guy who puts himself on a pedestal for 'playing as intended'.

ZATA

Noob
For $5 extra I´ll buy doom eternal, my money goes to ghost of tsushima and TLOU2 next, fuck nrs and this game "mash fest 11"

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink

If u post daily for more then a year how trash the game is, ppl do get annoyed. And most of this site is the same bunch of babies complaining. Reason this site has became a toxic dumpster.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder

I totally think it's fair to not like the game, but there are way too many people that have made it their absolute life mission for 2019-2020 to make sure nobody gets to like the game without creating a wave of opposition for me to think that being critical of the game makes someone a part of some persecuted group of fair mined individuals.

I'm sure everyone has polarized or getting auto classified into love and hate camps, and it's hard to have an honest discussion about it at this point.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Says the guy who puts himself on a pedestal for 'playing as intended'.
If thats how that came off, I apologize. I meant to imply that you cant have an opinion on balance if you dont play vs people, and you cant meaningfully comment on people having opinions on the game because for all you know, they are correct. To the point, a guy sweating in KL through wifi Liu Kangs that can wake up U3 anti air them while they are completely behind Liu randomly- these people occasionally come here to vent about a frustrating day. Weve all used extreme language to vent. Youre telling them theyre stupid for continuing to pursue their hobby or hoping for improvments. I think thats shallow and self serving. You are allowed to enjoy the game anyway you want. You may even get more enjoyment out of it than me, who's to say? Im not better than you for playing the game in the way that it has been designed to be played, I simply have a better grasp on how its balanced and more understanding for others opinions.

If u post daily for more then a year how trash the game is, ppl do get annoyed. And most of this site is the same bunch of babies complaining. Reason this site has became a toxic dumpster.
Oh, yeah, no doubt. People just memeing on this site to shit on the game are mad annoying. But when block and ignore options exist, its a little silly to and equally annoying to constantly be lumped in with them just for disagreeing with the super fans. Outworld Keith is a prime example, just trying to get attention for his attempts at hot-takes. Just shitting on a game he claims to have quit playing in order to... I guess look really cool? Idk.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
What's the breakdown on the price? Did they say how many costumes are gonna come with it?
KP1 was a solid deal imo, but this one I'm having a harder time justifying. I mean, I already bought it lol, but I'm just wondering

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I love how those few shills on here think its "entitlement" when NRS has already deceived us with trash vs modes like KL hiding skins, gear and "free time crystals" under a toxic, cheating, lag infested wifi mode AFTER launch mind you and now literally a few hours of story with 3 characters gets for 40 bucks on top of the 60 plus we've already spent on the game that was incomplete no less(two variations to three, not rushed at all right)?

Besides people have a right to be upset or annoyed given the fact the fact that they've already deceived us with KL AFTER release and using again another scummy gimmick with aftermath regarding the "3 exclusive flash skins" but ONLY if you preorder it. So my question to the shills who feel NRS can do no wrong, why is that then? Why can't they just put those "exclusive skins" both hidden behind preorder and KL bs for sale for us all the time to buy?or behind new tot? There no excuse for shit like that.

Now, as far as dlc. Who wants it for free exactly? I haven't read anyone say "nrs should give me all this for free"? I love how some people who want read mistake not wanting to pay a ripoff or questionable price for a game we've already put money into some.of us more than others like me for instance I've put well over 100 dollars into this game between the premium edition, all dlc thusbfsr and time krystals so yes, people like me have a right to complain if we wish. Dont like it? Too bad go work for nrs for free or something.

Point is, we shouldn't have to pay 40 BUCKS TECHNICALLY 43 AND CHANGE FOR A LITTLE STORY AND 3 Characters. Let's do the math, characters normally cost 5 or 6 bucks each right? Ok. So let's say 6 that's 18 bucks right there minimum, story mode which we don't know how long but more than likely not as long as the games launch, let's say half that so 3 hours minimum. Let's say that should be at least 10 to 14 bucks
That would still be less at 32 bucks if we go 14. I think this really depends on the story length. If this shit isn't more than 3 hours and say only 2 to 2 and half then, yes 43 bucks with tax is a ripoff. Period.

Are we saying give us all this shit for free? Of course not or at least I'm not I get it its works but that doesn't mean you should take advantage of your loyal fanbase being greedy. Like the preorder bs for example. That is bs that you only get those classic skins which look amazing ONLY if you preorder....nobody can convince me different. Even some of the MK fans on YouTube that WB loves to contact for free marketing, the bigger youtubers have mentioned 40 being steep.

Last edited: