What's new

Match Footage - Hunter HoneyBee vs SonicFox Online Set

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
I don't think people realize Predator's d4 is pretty punishable on block. So the d4~trap and d4~disc is pretty easy to get away with online. Granted if you start respecting the d4 then Fox will just throw you into the trap, but both of those options are full combo punishable even when playing Predator's game.

Not trying to downplay Predator, he's good. But I think we have to keep in mind Fox is able to make nerfed Erron Black and mid tier Kitana look broke as well.

GRieVeR_SKeiTH

bad player
Look an online set, by two great players playing a matchup they don't know. One player is using a new character with new setups and doing well, everybody freak out and cry nerf instead of using the record feature in practice mode.
Not gonna fall for it, we all know Debbie is broke
@HoneyBee don't be the new Wound :REO

also I saw this live on foxs stream and you say ......though a lot, want to start a new drinking game guys?

Last edited:

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I don't think people realize Predator's d4 is pretty punishable on block. So the d4~trap and d4~disc is pretty easy to get away with online. Granted if you start respecting the d4 then Fox will just throw you into the trap, but both of those options are full combo punishable even when playing Predator's game.

Not trying to downplay Predator, he's good. But I think we have to keep in mind Fox is able to make nerfed Erron Black and mid tier Kitana look broke as well.
This times a million. Sonic was getting away with murder. IMO this video will do more harm than good with people who don't understand the character calling for undeserved nerfs

SidTheHaze

25th place Tempest Lao
Just when I was to give up on predator sonic showed how valuable smart disc is....Idk why I haven't been using it.

Haou Shoukou Ken

I am for wine & the company of questionable women

Lets not downplay Predators d4, it has great pushback that makes it mostly un-punishable with the right spacing. Now if the predator player is just scrubby and wants to do the d4 right in your face that is not the characters fault.

Predators d4 is ridiculously good when used correctly, it is very fast and has a lot of reach.

Last edited:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Lets not downplay Predators d4, it has great pushback that makes it mostly un-punishable with the right spacing. Now if the predator player is just scrubby and wants to do the d4 right in your face that is not the characters fault.

Predators d4 is ridiculously good when used correctly, it is very fast and has a lot of reach.
...and it makes Jax's EX Gotcha Grab whiff.

ando1184

Noob

It's not downplay, it's fact. Even if predator lands a d4 into disc at max range the player recovers fast enough to force predator into a blocking state and making the disc go away. If he does d4 into mine at max range the player can run up to him and punish predator because the recovery frames on the mine are really slow. Multiple people have already mentioned, including the OP, that this was an online set and you have to take that into account. That being said, great stuff @HoneyBee and @SonicFox5000, really entertaining matches you guys :p

I'm sure we'll see a Pred related "something something damage is now scaling properly" nerf in the near future"
If they see this then it is a fix. One that you can easily test yourself. If you don't think his damage scales properly after Ex bf4 then do a combo and see how much damage it does, then put the same combo after Ex bf4 and see if it still does the same damage. Ta da.

mwelele zaza

Aioffe Belle
Hey TYM,

@SonicFox5000 and myself had a set yesterday and if you weren't one of the 100 people in my stream or one of the 2000 people in his stream (RIP), I thought you'd enjoy watching these matches.

This was the first time I ever played the MU so I'm sure there's a ton of things I can improve on and it's online so don't take it too seriously.

Enjoy!

Hey TYM,

@SonicFox5000 and myself had a set yesterday and if you weren't one of the 100 people in my stream or one of the 2000 people in his stream (RIP), I thought you'd enjoy watching these matches.

This was the first time I ever played the MU so I'm sure there's a ton of things I can improve on and it's online so don't take it too seriously.

Enjoy!

Can't wait to watch this when I get home! Am already hyped! I have a feeling honeybee won

trufenix

bye felicia
Can we not even have casual online sets anymore without it becoming awhat shoul get buffed / nerfed party? Damn y'all suck.
Even honeybee Said chill and he waas the one getting mopped.

Haou Shoukou Ken

I am for wine & the company of questionable women
It's not downplay, it's fact. Even if predator lands a d4 into disc at max range the player recovers fast enough to force predator into a blocking state and making the disc go away.
..... so then armor ur incoming opponent? lol dude do you even options?

If he does d4 into mine at max range the player can run up to him and punish predator because the recovery frames on the mine are really slow.
:DOGE dude... well then maybe stop doing d4 into mine if your going to get punished? lol
just take ur 16 plus frames after landing a d4 and do something else. lol