What's new

homing missile doesnt do chip damage

D

Deleted member 9158

Well, I didn't know this...

then again I don't play Sektor, nor do I face him often. And when I do, they're average sektors usually

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
Wow people really didn't realise this? I can't remember when I found out or who mentioned it, but I'm pretty sure it was on these forums... and probably almost a year ago XD

Yea Konqrr. Explain
Well, for one, Shang's fireballs had no limitations on how many you could use per combo. The only limitation on his combos was gravity. Every time he touched you, you lost 50%. Even in the corner in which he was especially broken, he locked you down with his pseudo-block infinite with d1~close up skull and if it hit you, he did a 50% combo that kept you in the corner and led to a setup with his sky fireballs (whatever they are called lol) that forced you to block then you did d1~close up skull again until they died or got hit again LOL

I absolutely loved Shang in beta, but once I played him at home and he could only use each different fireball once per combo, I didn't enjoy him anymore. They should have kept it the way it was, but caused damage scaling... he was SO fun back then.

I might do a writeup of my NRS experience, but I am swamped until after Final Round.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I have no idea what Shang's moves are called, and up skull to me are the ones that come up from the ground.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
It does force chip if you fire a strait missile from 3/4 screen or closer right after.

From full screen you can block the homing missile and quickly let go before the strait missile gets there.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Temjiin i knew this, its why i only tried to shake them when you had meter and i wouldnt be able to punish EX Teleports,

If you had no meter, it was basically always a free combo for me unless you did the non ex telepunch really early and the missile stops me hitting you back ;)

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Temjiin i knew this, its why i only tried to shake them when you had meter and i wouldnt be able to punish EX Teleports,

If you had no meter, it was basically always a free combo for me unless you did the non ex telepunch really early and the missile stops me hitting you back ;)
This was also a bit of a game for me too.... I'm pretty rusty at ia Teles but I did bait a couple of shakes with the homer and get a combo. Other times, reset.

gdf

Noob
I didn't know about this, and the week before Final Round I learned that if Sub-Zero got hit his clone would disappear.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Didn't the guidebook say this? If not then it must've said in the Sektor sub-forum guide. I was pretty surprised when I found out, but I like it.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
If you're in the situation where you could win by it chipping couldn't you just fire it off then iatu when they are in the block the missile or get hit situation?

NKZero

Noob
If you're in the situation where you could win by it chipping couldn't you just fire it off then iatu when they are in the block the missile or get hit situation?
Yep that's one way to do it. Just time it so that the opponent HAS to block and cannot move out of the way of the teleport at the same time. Then it's guaranteed chip

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Beeneeweenies did know either...

Man I'm glad they balanced that otherwise we would have another broken character on our hands...lol