What's new

homing missile doesnt do chip damage

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Another little tidbit. If you time a teleport right with Cyrax, he can avoid it without taking any damage :) (I mean, then you run the risk of being baited into a teleport and then getting blown up, but then you just block the missile when they're waiting to punish your tele...). I'm not sure if this is true for other characters as well.

Shout outs to Cyrax tech on another character's forum :D

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Wow yeah I thought everyone knew that. I remember the TB Silent show where Brady was talking about testing sektor and having the discussion with NRS about how it doing chip would be way too cheap cause its a guaranteed win that way from low life.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Wow yeah I thought everyone knew that. I remember the TB Silent show where Brady was talking about testing sektor and having the discussion with NRS about how it doing chip would be way too chip cause its a guaranteed win that way from low life.
Yeah, we had that discussion in Feb 2011. I made sure to bring it up from seeing videos prior to going to Chicago and wanted to make them aware that if you can't avoid the missile like MK3 days, then it would be stupid. They had already thought of that problem and made it do no chip.

Every time I think back on this time, it makes me miss broken Beta Shang... damn he was so fun lol

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
even if it did chip sektor still wouldn't be top 10

NKZero

Noob
Yeah I've known this for a while obviously and I think it is fair that way. No move should do guaranteed chip but if you use the homing missile smartely enough then they cannot avoid the chip. You can throw out a follow-up straight missile, flame burner in the right range etc etc. That's why people panic lol and they end up getting hit by the missile anyways. Gotta love it :)

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yeah, we had that discussion in Feb 2011. I made sure to bring it up from seeing videos prior to going to Chicago and wanted to make them aware that if you can't avoid the missile like MK3 days, then it would be stupid. They had already thought of that problem and made it do no chip.

Every time I think back on this time, it makes me miss broken Beta Shang... damn he was so fun lol
Explain this beta Shang...

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
ya, if it chipped people out it would be total BS unless you play as Smoke and can shake it.