What's new

Hey look, I'm in the Off-topic forum...

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Wait till Friday and ill put in some work on this thread

@TheGangstaFace Yeah I'm still up for that drunk set if you're free Friday. I was gonna reply on Discord but it wasn't letting me tag you for some reason so I just left it
Bruh nooooo lol. Join back. If shit like that happens, close out discord completely then open it again. I think I'll be free Friday night. Hopefully my work schedule doesn't change on me

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Steam's customer service is borderline non-existent, people get locked out of their own account and games for literally years for having someone transfer them a stolen item to grief them, while Origin's customer service is live chat and generally provide a free discount coupon at the end of any transaction.

There's a lot things Steam does right, and a lot of things EA does. Customer Service is not one of either of them.

Steam has a MASSIVE user base, library that dwarfs every one else, enormous list of features, a refund feature for ANY game in their library.

Comparing Origin and Steam is like comparing your mom and pop store to Walmart

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Steam has a MASSIVE user base, library that dwarfs every one else, enormous list of features, a refund feature for ANY game in their library.

Yesterday my wife talked to a customer service rep from Spectrum. That rep what an idiot. At the end it asked "Explain your experience with this representative"

She said "This representative is a dipshit"

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.

This doesn't make sense, you just listed a bunch of reasons why they need customer support and why they are making more than enough to support it, none of what you said is an excuse for why they don't, not that I was trying to condemn them to begin with, just pointing out the face that EA's customer service is miles ahead of Valve. Be it larger userbase, more features, whatever the reason is irrelevant, just saying that the joke about EA support kinda falls flat when Valve is notorious for its poor customer service and EA is often praised for the customer support as the one thing they do perfectly. Valve has an almost non-existent customer support team. Look up some of the horror stories. Gabe Newell himself has admitted many times their customer is well beyond even the standard of their competitors. The most recent AMA he did 3 months ago when asked where he thinks Steam needs to be improved, his one response to the question was "customer service". Read up about Valve, they are not run like other companies, they do not even have a "customer support" team, all employees decide what they would like to work on for themselves, as Gabe believes that's part of the success to his company. How it works, I don't have a clue, but all I know is that nobody gets their dream job working for the guys responsible for Half-Life and says "man I can do anything I want here, and my number one dream is answering Steam tickets!" and it shows. People have literally been unable to play their own games for years while their support requests get answered by copy + paste from people who clearly haven't even taken the time out to read the issue, with gaps of months in between responses.

Origin on the other hand is in another level compared to these guys. I've had to deal with their customer service a few times and I think it's possibly the best experiences with customer support that I've ever had. I remember one of it was having a physical copy of Crysis and wanting to add it to my Origin library, but the CD-Key wouldn't work. I clicked the support button, was IMMEDIATELY connected to a guy on live chat (took literally under 5 seconds), explained my problem, the guy told me to hold on a second while he looked into it, came back in 2 minutes time and let me know that he'd added the game to my account (didn't even ask for the key), and finished by giving me a 15% discount voucher on my next purchase due to the "inconvenience".

Love Steam all you want, customer service is not better than EA, and their is really no reason to argue that :| Features scale with the profit they make. Make double the money, you can afford to hire double the support. Being that Valve is a billion dollar company, and Gabe Newell himself is richer than Oprah (no exaggeration), they can afford a much better support and even Gabe himself said thats something he is working on.