What's new

Havik General Discussion

switched from frost to mavado kameo and it actually covers the rest of the weaknesses - but damn havik feels pretty lost in matchups against characters with a dominating neutral/keepaway. subzero is one of the worst tbh, he does whatever he wants in neutral vs havik.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
switched from frost to mavado kameo and it actually covers the rest of the weaknesses - but damn havik feels pretty lost in matchups against characters with a dominating neutral/keepaway. subzero is one of the worst tbh, he does whatever he wants in neutral vs havik.
He has no identity. Man if only he had my changes I suggested he would actually be a character.

He has no identity. Man if only he had my changes I suggested he would actually be a character.
i feel like he has a pretty strong identity as a very tanky character who methodically works his way in, then switches to great pressure up close. he just has some problematic matchups. tbh i was thinking if it was a good idea to make his bf1 guidable up or down like laos hat. i find your buff ideas mainly far over the top though, except

• Make Drop Dead (F13) +15 on hit
which he pretty much got now, and
  • Make the first hit of DB4 and EX DB4 restand so it stops dropping combos
which would be a great thing.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
[*]Make the first hit of DB4 and EX DB4 restand so it stops dropping combos
[/LIST]
which would be a great thing.
[/QUOTE]
Actually it wouldn't. It would affect the hit advantage.

I think his biggest problem is both his projectiles are slow so people automatically go machine gunning faster projectiles either add a new projectile like he lacross throws his arm at the opponent or speed up one of his other ones , he just gets zoned too hard

CanoCano

Noob
I think his biggest problem is both his projectiles are slow so people automatically go machine gunning faster projectiles either add a new projectile like he lacross throws his arm at the opponent or speed up one of his other ones , he just gets zoned too hard
Speeding up his projectiles would be weird imo (cause imagine having to deal with Havik machine gunning them out) and adding a new one wouldn't fix all of his other neutral tools being mediocre
Instead Seeking Neoplasm could get Armour or partial Projectile Invulnerability, that way it's still a heavily commital option to throw out but the opponrnt has to be smarter when calling it out properly otherwise Havik essentially gets in for free

Last edited:
Play Sonya against zoners, she turns havik into a great zoner with full screen presence. And now she gives us mixups
i feel like everything that has no physical contact counterzoning, like sektors teleport, strykers cuffs or mavados kick wil ultimately fail havik when the opponent just picks sub-zero kameo.

yeah when you play havik you just gotta accept that your neutral is inferior and snipe for the gaps to get rolling.

Does Havik have a go-to anti air?
S1, continued with either f12~db4 (which doesnt connect at all distances and angles though) or directly canceled into db4. S1 is not great though, someone like johnny cage jump-kicks in for free. ENdb1 is also a brute-force option to just avoid any jump-in pressure.

Last edited: