What's new

Match-up Discussion Harley Quinn Matchup Discussion

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
you have to really keep away from KF. She cant space you out. and if you keep in the air she cant do much to you. I have a tournament match against her if you'd like to see it here.

the announcers literally knew nothing about harley quinn, they kept thinking her TS~1 is an overhead, probably why you kept hitting the killer frost

marc

Noob
I can blame him all I want. The whole idea of winning a tournament is knowing what to do in mostly all situations.

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
the game is new and everyone felt she was low tier. You have to play Harley players since they dont last in tournaments to actually SHOW what she does! so it's mostly our fault.

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
the game is new and everyone felt she was low tier. You have to play Harley players since they dont last in tournaments to actually SHOW what she does! so it's mostly our fault.

Well actually everyone keeps putting her in same tier as Green Arrow.

For some unknown reason.

Jermball

Noob
Why is the superman matchup nearly unwinnable? This matchup is stupid. Can anyone help me with this?

I know you can jump over lasers. But the zoning and safe strings are super hard to deal with.

Katt

Magnet
From repeated f23xxSB spam you can either do a quick b3 mb or 1,2 after sb to interrupt, but supes have the situation to bait.

I struggle with this matchup as well. I find it worse for Harley than what Aquaman ever can be.

CTZero

Versatile Strategist
- vs Superman's f+2,3~Super Breath pressure
It is possible for Harley to use her back dash to get out of Superman's block string pressure. However, it requires somewhat of a strict timing. Other ways to get out of this string are...

1. If meter is applicable, press the Meter Burn button to push him away.
2. Get hit by the Super Breath (9-10% damage)

Any Harley Quinn player should stay out of the sweep range vs. Superman due to his f+2 footsie string having priority over Harley in most situations.

EDIT from later post:
In my video, I forgot to add some notes:
- Do not block Superman's f+2,3~Super Breath standing. Even if you attempt to back dash, you will be hit by the f+2 and suffer a combo.

- Block the string low, then block high when Super Breath appears. Due to back dashing having invincible properties, the f+2,3 string will whiff as long as you hold back after you back dash.

- Harley's b+2,2 will not connect nor will her standing normal attacks after you've successfully back dashed the string. You can attempt TS,1 for a combo since Superman's recovery off of his string is long.

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
It is possible for Harley to use her back dash to get out of Superman's block string pressure. However, it requires somewhat of a strict timing. Other ways to get out of this string are...

Any Harley Quinn player should stay out of the sweep range vs. Superman due to his f+2 footsie string having priority over Harley in most situations.

And then you kinda run into the problem of Heat Vision zoning, which Harley needs to get in on or she'll be outchipped. It's not really hard to dashblock against this kind of stuff, i'm just saying it kinda has to be done.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
And then you kinda run into the problem of Heat Vision zoning, which Harley needs to get in on or she'll be outchipped. It's not really hard to dashblock against this kind of stuff, i'm just saying it kinda has to be done.
And then you eat half bar or more health blocking and getting in on heat vision.. Specially if Supes has meter :( I would rather deal with the string pressure

Ramon

Heavenly Harley

this is amazing!

nightE89

Cupcakes!!!
Yup but I found out just from one night every1 wanted to play supes lol but just treat his air and ground eyelasers the same a DS, dash and block high.

CTZero

Versatile Strategist
- Do not block Superman's f+2,3~Super Breath standing. Even if you attempt to back dash, you will be hit by the f+2 and suffer a combo.
- Block the string low, then block high when Super Breath appears. Due to back dashing having invincible properties, the f+2,3 string will whiff as long as you hold back after you back dash.
- Harley's b+2,2 will not connect nor will her standing normal attacks after you've successfully back dashed the string. You can attempt TS,1 for a combo since Superman's recovery off of his string is long

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
- Harley's b+2,2 will not connect nor will her standing normal attacks after you've successfully back dashed the string. You can attempt TS,1 for a combo since Superman's recovery off of his string is long
Good call on the last point.. Supes as well as other floaty characters (WW,BA come to mind) have strange hurt boxes when it comes to B2,2 or even D3 for that matter. Hurt boxes do not fall straight down from the knee to ground, it appears to follow the actual feet instead.

Jermball

Noob
F23 isn't my problem. Its when superman just wants to zone. Its impossible to get in considering also her back walk speed is faster than her forward. So when you block
Meter burn eye laser, it actually always is worse because when you stand to block it you take steps back from holding back in addition to the pushback.

Superman doesn't even have to take the best harley player seriously. Spammed eye laser = sad harley