What's new

Match-up Discussion Harley Quinn Matchup Discussion

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Hawkgirl.... My god Hawkgirl.. It is lack of experience playing against her.. But I'm pretty much free to her as is..so an tips would be appreciated.. Even with limited VS experience against her.. I believe this is one of Harley's worst matchups... :(

hawkgirls dive kick is not safe at all on block

you can down 1 > TS cartwheel in the combo you like

MB cupcake bomb really messes up her air approach

once she gets in i felt it was a problem though, shes kinda scary lol. she can also make dive kick cross up so you have to watch out for that and block then punish. only played 1 hawgirl player so i dont know much about her

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
she has trouble getting people to the floor. Batmans has a fucking amazing Jump arc that prevents Harley from doing much in midair.

ZAV1010

[RS]ZAV
Aquaman and Green Lantern seem to be harder for me to beat with HQ. I was reading through these posts and have seen a lot of abbreviations, such as B2. Is there a list of abbreviations to their meanings somewhere that someone can refer me to?

arydious

Noob
Hello everyone. I hope I can shed some light on zoning with harley quinn and actually having a sound strategy against deathstroke.
The most annoying thing is assault rifle...it makes it annoying to get in right? What if I told you df1 spam can shut down deathstroke?
Df1 is positive on block and she also takes a step forward with every shot. Deathstroke is forced to block or duck helplessly while you inch your way in.
Now the catch is that if you trade bullets, you will lose the projectile fight so block instead and pick your spots. Use their hesitation against them and
Use silly slide to get in their face. Harley can zone better than people think.

This is what I do, once I am in range to EX Cupcake bomb I do that into silly slide, into what ever shenanigans I feel are going to dominate Mr. DeathStroke

arydious

Noob
So far what I have been reading was pretty consistent with my early thought too.

Aquaman: Is a bastard that's straight up. He can trait out of a lot of combos and he basically gets to dictate the match. By far he is my hardest fight. You can not silly slide into TS because he can always scoop you up off the floor and blow you up. About the only thing I got really working for me against Aquaman is doing the airgunshot with here stay in the air and keep shooting him in the face. He will get irritated and that's when you can capitalize on him. You can start crossing him up and really making him look like crap at this point. I have had many online Aquaman's quit on me because of this.

Green Lantern: Another beast for me, his lift is just so fast and punishes everything to me. I use the Air gun a lot against him to and bait the lift so i can get some tantrum stance gimmicks going. Lots of line of fire into EX cupcake bombs then silly slide block and blow up his wake up. To keep him guessing after cupcake bomb ill silly slide and do a jumping gun shot or even another cupcake. Making him respect HQ option and not always throwing out lift as a wake up.

redeyes

Button Masher
why are you all saying j2 pressure? j2 is -4...

j3 is +8 on block...

to the guy who said you punish doomsdays JD3 with sweep.

sweep and b2 are both 12 frames and B2 hits like a step outside of sweep range and is a combo starter.

Aquaman you can try and out zone his trident has slow start up. just zone him out his normals > harleys and that trait is BS.

GL Same thing zone him out try and stay full screen to avoid air projectile duck his stright shot be careful of overhead. he will try and get in if you read this ex cupcake cause it blows up his stupid airdash thingy.

Harley also has an annoying mix up game i dont see any other harleys use.

F2 is an overhead
b2 is a low
TS is a low
any string can be cancled into her f3 overhead for 2 bars and most people block low due to fear of TS so this comes in handy.

everyone blocks low due to fear of TS and B2 so come in with her overhead a few times its really good given how its kinda slow this mix up game is really what gives her a chance in alot of MU's Due to shitty wake up system if they dont tech roll you can sit over top and mix up f2 b2 and grabs all day on them. if they do tech roll blast the hell out of them with gunshots make them regret being full screen.

For sinestro you can SS his rock on reaction every time so try that to avoid it and cover like 1/4 screen each dash. also you can try SS into TS 3 cause TS 3 has a pretty good range.

batmans love to J2 and from my experience if you read a j2 from ol bats just return with a j2 of your own. harleys j2 wins a lot of air to air trades.

any other characters feel free to ask. i would like to say im a half way decent harley with a good amount of MU xp so far.

also to people having problems with pressure. push block to get breathing room. try and land a d1. her d1 is +11 on hit i think allowing you for a stand 2 or b2 i prefer standing 2 into d3 cause its an untechable knockdown on hit and its also +10 or +11 on block allowing for a follow up b2.

redeyes

Button Masher
did i say AA? noo i said punish.
JD3 is -4 according to in game frame data.
if he goes for anything and you do a b2 at full range (which like i said is a step outside of sweep) he eats a full combo & its better then trying to sweep cause it hits a tiny bit farther out & is full combo.

Eshi

Noob
did i say AA? noo i said punish.
JD3 is -4 according to in game frame data.
if he goes for anything and you do a b2 at full range (which like i said is a step outside of sweep) he eats a full combo & its better then trying to sweep cause it hits a tiny bit farther out & is full combo.
The frame data on jump-in attacks is very strange in this game. If follow-up normals are buffered after the jump attack connects and literally any point before the character lands, they come out almost immediately when they hit the ground. If an attack isn't buffered, that's probably when he's at -4. Otherwise it's impossible to punish unless the jump-in was blocked very high. Pretty much the same for every character afaik.

Sweep works because it makes JD3 completely whiff, it has nothing to do with start-up/spacing.

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
Anyone know how to deal with Superman, I feel this matchup is horrendous for Harley.

Katt

Magnet
Fergus: I'm going to a friend today for a lot of offline sparring, he knows his way around Soupman. He devastated me last time we played so we'll focus on the matchup.

Fergus

Cool let me know what you find, I'll see what I can dig up in training mode vs him.

Was thinking we could maybe b+3 MB through the f2,3 xx breath/f2,3 again gap.

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
The main thing about Superman is to beat his zoning game. Up close he isn't that bad and can be successfully pressured. His air heat vision has a lot of recovery, and you can block it and get a few forward dashes in, or shoot him upon lading. Standing heat vision pins you down, but it hits high so he'll get nothing from you sitting there either. He is slow and the key here is to react. Be patient, block and shoot, get up close, and block the inevitable HANDDIVE/DASHPAWNCH or whatever they're called.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I was doing some practice lat night with an online buddy, he had AM and I used both HQ and CW against him, with AM its all about space control from what can gather, that damn trident has such good range, but if keep far enough away you always see his overhead coming and in order to use his lighter combos hes gotta move closer, so I figure air gunz, any punisher she can use at a mid to sweep range and she can be golden in a match with Fishboy, after using CW some last night you gotta out move her, because if you try that spacing crap with her she will whip you down air, mid, and low, DF+3 normal hits damn near half screen away.

These are just some observations I made last night and I'm sure there are other bbetter tricks to use.

Fergus

For Aquamen who like to abuse the b1,2 xx qcb 1 string, play doctor is a reliable punish for it, if Harley is in the corner, she can do b2,2 due to reduced pushback.

Super punishes his tridents and water seismo move on reaction, should really keep this for the kill.

Otherwise, I feel this is still a pretty rough match for Harley, especially when there's ample time to activate his trait during Harley's b2,2 xx TS~1 before she can launch him (he can't activate his trait while airbourne) and his normals are just outright better than hers, and his anti-projectile move gives her trouble as well.

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
I don't think Green Arrow has very good luck against Harley.. It is one of my more comfortable MU's.. Harley has everything Arrow has.. Just a bit quicker.
Unless he goes "to hell with zoning" and plays like a rushdown character with sick freeze arrow setups. He kinda has some better normals, better wake-up options, and all of his mixups are pretty much safe.

For a controllable matchup, i suggest Batman. Batman is easily zoned out, the only thing he can do is hope he squeezes a zip somewhere or you get reckless and forget to block his bats.

Fergus

I think matchups were the other character don't really get a decent punish or any at all off Harley's TS~1 tend to be good for Harley.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Things I have noticed off of decent matches I have had lately:

Vs Solomon Grundy: if he is sitting full screen.. You know his grave hands are coming.. D,F1 beats him to the punch. Grundy likes to dash or jump to close ground.. Read which type you are playing and punish from there. You have WAY more range tools in this MU, no real need to get close. Do not let Grundy lull you in to getting close to sweep distance.. That is where he wants to be. Air guns and straight guns keep him at bay. If he starts ducking this shots.. MB cupcakes.

Vs Green Lantern: another character you need to pick your spots with.. Mid range belongs to GL, so you want to be full screen or up in his face. Up in his face, get comfortable with your D1, and do not be afraid to throw. To get close to GL, let him come to you.. Since jumping in on him gets you wrecked. To do this.. Annoy him with pistol shots, Pop Pop, and cupcakes.. Do not be afraid to MB if one is working better than others. You CAN duck his rocket projectile, block his air rocket with back (or jump). Again.. The more frustrated he is the more he may try to get in sloppy, look for mistimed jumps, or his turbine/air turbine move and punish with B3, MB B3 respectively. Jumping into or being caught by Lanterns might is the key tonGL starting his higher damage.

Sinestro/Deathstroke- PATIENCE, PATIENCE, PATIENCE. These two MU's come to a screeching halt.. DS is trying to bait you into his sword flip, Sinestro trying to bait you into his axes. Watch for them, wait for them, and do NOT rush. Keep an eye on their meter.. if they have meter you know it is getting used..Take your time at getting in and once you are in.. Do what you can to stay there. The majority of zoning heavy Sinestro/DS are blocking high ( trying to back up and give themselves room), hit low if close and punish accordingly.

Hawkgirl and Black Adam are still my two hardest MU's.. Hawkgirl is getting a bit better the more experience I get against her, MB cupcakes really do hurt her... Still need advice on these two however.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Hawkgirl.... My god Hawkgirl.. It is lack of experience playing against her.. But I'm pretty much free to her as is..so an tips would be appreciated.. Even with limited VS experience against her.. I believe this is one of Harley's worst matchups... :(
I feel your pain brotha. I kinda got wrecked by one JUST NOW..The loss has sent me to get on hands and knees and ask the TYM Gods for help on this winged nuisance.