What's new

Match-up Discussion Harley Quinn Matchup Discussion

redeyes

Button Masher
dookieagain

dude just dash block... harley has one of the best forward dash recoverys....

also deathstrokes sword spin can be punished with b2 2 full combo...

redeyes

Button Masher
What on earth do you mean? How is that video full of false info? I have video evidence for everything there. . . I also show the B 2 2 punish. I didn't say the move was unbeatable, but to respect it.

You can see that you can't dash between correctly timed gunshots or use tantrum to get under machinegun.
you said dont dash. wtf? harley can dash on a ducked or blocked gunshot of anytime.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
you are dumb. end of story.

she has ONE OF THE BEST FORWARD DASH RECOVEREYS IN GAME.

the reason u couldnt do it was cause u dashed way to late.
I'm re-examining this. It's actually really tricky to tell. It seems like the timing is super tight on both ends. I still think walking in is safer, but you can dash safely under certain conditions, however at certain distances it doesn't seem to work no matter what timing I use, and it's safer to dash after blocking than after ducking because you can basically reversal dash out of the block. You still can't command dash safely and deathstroke can tighten the gun timing a bit I believe, it's very hard to perfectly set up the gun timing since your blocking it affects the rate at which you can spam it.

Do you know what her dash frames are? How do they compare to command dash, at certain ranges command dash you can block at other ranges command dash is hit, and command dash is coming out frame exact since I'm looking at the REVERSAL ATTACK in the bottom left.

My apologies for the wrong info though, you are correct. I should have tested more fully.

redeyes

Button Masher
harleys forward dash is so good she can d3 DS dash and block his wake up sword spin and puish fully with a b22 combo.

Shiizu

Theory Fighter
I've played so many games against a decent GL, and so far it seems fairly even. Harley can poke from long range with guns. I think the start-up time on the gunshots is faster than GL's projectiles, so you can pre-emptively hit him out of it if you know he's going to try and harass you with green darts. At mid-range you can't be too careless with jumps, he can grab you out of pretty much anything. He's probably the most dangerous at that range and that's where he'll want you. I usually use SS to close the gap where I can try to harass him up close with a few strings, and hopefully get a chance to mix him up.

This is just my week 1 impressions. One thing i've found is that Harley is not very meter reliant in general (EX cupcake bombs are really good for keeping away though), which is good since she can save it for other things.

redeyes

Button Masher
Everybody watch this and tell me what is going on?

gun is like -25 SS wont work.

if u duck the gunshot he has to go through all the active frames (idk what that is probly more then 31) so SS can be used then blocked.

also the 1 time u did make a SS there was a longer gap in the shots.

Eshi

Noob
So I played around 50 matches with one of my friends who mains Doomsday, and I think it's definitely in his disadvantage. But I learned some really important info.

*Harley can escape EX Supernova for no meter with Slippy Slide and punish it for free with Tantrum Stance.
*His j.D3 is ridiculously good, however her sweep (D3) low profiles and punishes it with very high reliability. If he's trying to cross-up with it instead, double tap in the direction he came from to back dash out. Landing recovery ensures that she won't get punished.
*Do not get trapped in the corner or you will lose. Try to sit on meter as much as possible so she can force him to respect her super. Otherwise his amazing mix-up melts through her bad defense. Try to pick a stage with an interactable that gets her out.
*Her frame traps are still strong against him, but his grap reach is gigantic - longer than her D1 - so be careful.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Sinestro isn't a problem. You can block his rock and his chains. Force him to come in.
I highly disagree. A good Sinestro isn't coming in... He can Fear blast all day long.. Chip and hit.. Jump out of the way..impact event on your head.. Coupled with his orb power and meter to burn on fear blast and impact event make this a LOOOONG day for Miss Quinn.

if you can get in sinestro's grill, you'll be fine, he lacks a good AAA and has a poor wake-up so abuse him there

green lantern i find to be more problematic, that stupid light grab stuffs all of harley's options at her best distance, idk what to do

Jermball

Noob
Hello everyone. I hope I can shed some light on zoning with harley quinn and actually having a sound strategy against deathstroke.
The most annoying thing is assault rifle...it makes it annoying to get in right? What if I told you df1 spam can shut down deathstroke?
Df1 is positive on block and she also takes a step forward with every shot. Deathstroke is forced to block or duck helplessly while you inch your way in.
Now the catch is that if you trade bullets, you will lose the projectile fight so block instead and pick your spots. Use their hesitation against them and
Use silly slide to get in their face. Harley can zone better than people think.

Eshi

Noob
I completely agree. Harley is great at shutting down other zoners - her gun shots don't do a lot of damage but they're HELLA fast, go full screen almost immediately and recover fast so she can spam it nonstop. If they don't have a crouched zoning special then they can't stop her. This doesn't even mention her air gun shot which is practically an instant overhead.

Jermball

Noob
The only thing about air gunshot is you want to attempt at max distance because if deathstroke blocks. Its free sword spin for him

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
The only thing about air gunshot is you want to attempt at max distance because if deathstroke blocks. Its free sword spin for him
Yes sir- however if you mix up J2 with air guns, you keep him guessing :)
Also.. Air guns keeps you airborne long enough to avoid his multi-shot hip fire.

Jermball

Noob
Yes sir- however if you mix up J2 with air guns, you keep him guessing :)
Also.. Air guns keeps you airborne long enough to avoid his multi-shot hip fire.
Absolutely correct. Don't use it to avoid assault rifle, use it when you can hit him and avoid assault rifle, then from there mix him up or zone him out

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Training DS and Batman for that matter to fire upward from the ground opens up your ground approach with TS shenanigans. That is done by equal parts air guns, J2 and neutral jumps. Works like a charm for those two. Anything to get the focus away from DS ground shooting and Batman's normal grapple.

use it to avoid his rifle, you'll probably hit him (remember, he has to recover from shooting his bullets, which takes longer if they whiff than when they are blocked)

Eshi

Noob
Okay. I'm pretty sure Harley vs. Doomsday is by far her worst match-up in this game. She can punish his jD3 with sweep for like 8%, but if it misses or gets beaten then she eats 40%. She literally can not punish it with anything else so the risk/reward is disgustingly skewed. The best thing she can do is pray she gets a life lead so she can spam pistol shots for 4% each from full screen, but his trait and MB tackle help him deal with it. Not only that but his MB charge is PLUS ON BLOCK, so after he gets in for a single bar of meter he can run his mix-up train on her terrible defense.

Am I missing some important details, or is this match-up seriously that bad? My room mate and I have been playing for an equivalent amount of time but he's literally beating me 20-1 right now.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
The great thing about this game- more so than other fighters.. Even of the fight is not in her favor... I have FUN trying to fight the uphill battle.. Unlike say an UMvC3 facing a strong MoriDoom team... I feel like just going to go make a sandwich.
Bring Grundy, Doomsday and Banes big asses... I'm up for the challenge!! :)