What's new

Harley General Fixes/"Buff" Thread

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
Another thing to add about her zoning and the reason why I think she's a good zoner is the plethora of tools at her disposal.

What I mean but this is when you take a general approach at what zoning is, it's pretty much summed up to space control, or a keep out game (which lever you prefer), which she does very well when utilizing her tools effectively.

She has upward shot, jump shots, her regular shots and cupcakes, which all can be mb'd, and has trait. She may not be able to mindlessly zone like deadshot could at one point but if you are efficient, patient and knowledgeable with her toolset, you can effectively keep a lot of characters out.

I do agree that she should receive a small damage buff to her regular guns though. Maybe 6% instead of 4%. They do shoot moderately fast and that mb option definitely keeps people in check.

All my opinion of course
I agree on her zoning being good, but really only against people with no projectiles or weaker zoning in general. She doesn’t do all that well against people with fast projectiles who can out trade her consistently or prevent her from throwing out hyenas/cupcakes.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I agree on her zoning being good, but really only against people with no projectiles or weaker zoning in general. She doesn’t do all that well against people with fast projectiles who can out trade her consistently or prevent her from throwing out hyenas/cupcakes.
THAT PART! Which i been saying. She has all types of tools to zone, but speed kills, and her projectiles are not fast.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I can see that, however, her mix up and combo potential more then compensates for what she lacks in effective zoning against heavy zoners. She has a decently strong neutral game, she's an excellent whiff punisher, she has great meterless damage, strong air to airs, excellent jumps and a strong corner game once she gets started. I mean, every character has weaknesses but hers are few an far between that of a low or mid lower tier character.

I personally think these buffs are a bit much imo. She definitely deserves a damage buff to her regular pistols and a fix to any mid whiff issues she may have, but stuff like tantrum stance being safe and etc, is a bit much, especially since she has multiple options from that stance.

As a joker player, our community labs each MU as thorough as possible and realistically if she has a stronger zoning game she would be ridiculous. All my opinion of course.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
I can see that, however, her mix up and combo potential more then compensates for what she lacks in effective zoning against heavy zoners. She has a decently strong neutral game, she's an excellent whiff punisher, she has great meterless damage, strong air to airs, excellent jumps and a strong corner game once she gets started. I mean, every character has weaknesses but hers are few an far between that of a low or mid lower tier character.

I personally think these buffs are a bit much imo. She definitely deserves a damage buff to her regular pistols and a fix to any mid whiff issues she may have, but stuff like tantrum stance being safe and etc, is a bit much, especially since she has multiple options from that stance.

As a joker player, our community labs each MU as thorough as possible and realistically if she has a stronger zoning game she would be ridiculous. All my opinion of course.
Harley has no mixup 50/50 game.

Eldagrin

I agree with the majority of your points for sure, I'm really just for whiffing issues being addressed and a small damage buff to her gunshots. Tantrum being safe would be a bit much, I agree, but all of the options from it are pretty equally weak; her options off it are 2 unsafe mids and an unsafe low as well as 2 high recovery rolls and all of her delayed options get beaten out by poking in general.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
I mean, technically she does but that F2 is blah
She doesn't. Everything she can mixup with is fuzzy guardable and pokable, Not a 50/50 at all 100% of the time one of these options will counter her mixups so they are not 50/50. Incorporate them into your game and you'll never get mixed up by harley. But... people don't care enough to look into ways at countering her, they'd rather scream OP top 10, needs nerfs...

Eldagrin

I mean, technically she does but that F2 is blah
It's not really a 50/50 though, a 50/50 would be more like Cassie's f3 and df1 or Sonya's b1 and b3 in MKX, or Flash's d12 and F2, they're just straight guesses as opposed to have a fuzzy guard option. I won't say her f2 is bad at all though, if people were getting hit by Mileena's 33f F3 in MKX, you know people get smacked by Harley's 26f f2. No one blocks it forever.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I agree with the majority of your points for sure, I'm really just for whiffing issues being addressed and a small damage buff to her gunshots. Tantrum being safe would be a bit much, I agree, but all of the options from it are pretty equally weak; her options off it are 2 unsafe mids and an unsafe low as well as 2 high recovery rolls and all of her delayed options get beaten out by poking in general.
Tantrum stance to cartwheel leads to a full combo on hit though. That's not weak but I see what you're saying. It's a bit of a mind game with tantrum though, you don't delay and they try to interrupt they are getting hit. If she were to be safe after a blocked tantrum stance, they would have to take out full combo potential as compensation. That would be fair imo.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
It's not really a 50/50 though, a 50/50 would be more like Cassie's f3 and df1 or Sonya's b1 and b3 in MKX, or Flash's d12 and F2, they're just straight guesses as opposed to have a fuzzy guard option. I won't say her f2 is bad at all though, if people were getting hit by Mileena's 33f F3 in MKX, you know people get smacked by Harley's 26f f2. No one blocks it forever.
Ok so im familiar with NONE of those but i get what you're saying lol

Eldagrin

Tantrum stance to cartwheel leads to a full combo on hit though. That's not weak but I see what you're saying. It's a bit of a mind game with tantrum though, you don't delay and they try to interrupt they are getting hit. If she were to be safe after a blocked tantrum stance, they would have to take out full combo potential as compensation. That would be fair imo.
I mean, I'd rather have tantrum as it now rather than losing the full combo on hit, I'd never thought of safe tantrum as a buff tbh. B22 tantrum hitconfirms itself for you anyways.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
She doesn't. Everything she can mixup with is fuzzy guardable and pokable, Not a 50/50 at all 100% of the time one of these options will counter her mixups so they are not 50/50. Incorporate them into your game and you'll never get mixed up by harley. But... people don't care enough to look into ways at countering her, they'd rather scream OP, top 10 needs nerfs...

I see what you're talking about, however, incorporating her hyena trait does indeed create a mix up, especially in the corner. Last I checked, with hyena active she can go for a low or an overhead as the hyena passes and you are forced to guess because you can't see where she's going. I've been hit with this quite a few times mid screen and the corner. Of course, you can push block but that would still require a guess to block correctly.

Also, her ambiguous j2 set ups can lead to big things. Doing something like j2 air gun cancel, then j2 low or even j2 overhead is all a mind game, especially if you condition your opponent, which harley has the tools to do.

Again, all my opinion

Eldagrin

Ok so im familiar with NONE of those but i get what you're saying lol
Essentially, if Harley does something like say j2 b22, it should jail if done at the correct height, so it can't be poked. If she tries to do j2 f2, it won't jail and she can be poked out of it.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
I see what you're talking about, however, incorporating her hyena trait does indeed create a mix up, especially in the corner. Last I checked, with hyena active she can go for a low or an overhead as the hyena passes and you are forced to guess because you can't see where she's going. I've been hit with this quite a few times mid screen and the corner. Of course, you can push block but that would still require a guess to block correctly.

Also, her ambiguous j2 set ups can lead to big things. Doing something like j2 air gun cancel, then j2 low or even j2 overhead is all a mind game, especially if you condition your opponent, which harley has the tools to do.

Again, all my opinion
Again you don't have to guess, all fuzzy guard-able. Moreover it's just better to delay wakeup, or even just do a wakeup attack casue most go through hyenas anyway in the corner.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord

Again, all my opinion
You can roll out of her hyena set-ups and wake-up or just fuzzy guard it. Her overhead is very slow that you don't have to fuzzy it, you can just react.
Her mix-ups are reactable so they are nothing special but at least there's the option

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Essentially, if Harley does something like say j2 b22, it should jail if done at the correct height, so it can't be poked. If she tries to do j2 f2, it won't jail and she can be poked out of it.
OOOOO! See i barely use b22....yeah i know....I'm learning lol.....But I didnt see that method as being a 50/50. Hmmmm ya learn something new everyday :)

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Again you don't have to guess, all fuzzy guard-able. Moreover it's just better to delay wakeup, or even just do a wakeup attack casue most go through hyenas anyway in the corner.
Absolutely, there's a good option there, however, what if the harley knows you're going to delay the wake Up? Then she can go for an ambiguous j2 cross up, or even call another hyena to go overhead while she goes low and in that instance, the character waking up will have to hold the mix. She has options. Maybe these setups work more on characters that don't have mobile wake ups.

Also, when the hyena is passing harley, you can't really make out how she will hit you if the timing is right, due to the hyena covering her body. Of course the timing is tight, but possible.

I mean we can literally go back and forth with situations regarding our character options but that would be us literally making the right reads every time, which would make you the perfect player, and no one is the perfect player.

Also @EMPRESS_SunFire can you mb roll as a wake up?!

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
Absolutely, there's a good option there, however, what if the harley knows you're going to delay the wake Up? Then she can go for an ambiguous j2 cross up, or even call another hyena to go overhead while she goes low and in that instance, the character waking up will have to hold the mix. She has options. Maybe these setups work more on characters that don't have mobile wake ups.

Also, when the hyena is passing harley, you can't really make out how she will hit you if the timing is right, due to the hyena covering her body. Of course the timing is tight, but possible.

I mean we can literally go back and forth with situations regarding our character options but that would be us literally making the right reads every time, which would make you the perfect player, and no one is the perfect player.

Also @EMPRESS_SunFire can you mb roll as a wake up?!
I agree no one is the perfect player and may get hit through human error, but none of these are reads everything you listed is fuzzy guardable. Also what ambiguous j2 crossup? All her comer crossups are very react-able as far as I know.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I agree no one is the perfect player and may get hit through human error, but none of these are reads everything you listed is fuzzy guardable. Also what ambiguous j2 crossup? All her comer crossups are very react-able as far as I know.
I'm going to retest the hyena mix Up to double check. From what I remember right when the hyena is attacking you and she does and overhead or low, the hyena covers her body so you can't actually see what she's doing but I'll double check and confirm. Also, when a character is delaying their wake up, a step back or good position I should say, has harley in a position where it's hard to read where her j2 is going to hit. And from there, you can cancel into air guns immediately or jail them with the j2 into her low, go for a throw if they blocked the j2 correctly, or go for the overhead if you conditioned them enough.

In short, I'm not saying harley is not some God tier character. She has flaws just like almost any other character. I just think there's some buffs here that are unnecessary and some people that have placed opinions in this thread, have not really fully tested their options either, but complain about others not labbing her enough.

As I said, I'm a joker main. I've been using a character that has been bottom tier for years now. What helps us win is consistent labbing MU's and other peoples lack of MU knowledge. Im always happy to share knowledge and get pumped when people share something i didnt know.

People swear joker is better then what people say when they are getting bodied by him but once they learn the MU, they realize he's not that good.

Great conversation btw

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
I'm going to retest the hyena mix Up to double check. From what I remember right when the hyena is attacking you and she does and overhead or low, the hyena covers her body so you can't actually see what she's doing but I'll double check and confirm. Also, when a character is delaying their wake up, a step back or good position I should say, has harley in a position where it's hard to read where her j2 is going to hit. And from there, you can cancel into air guns immediately or jail them with the j2 into her low, go for a throw if they blocked the j2 correctly, or go for the overhead if you conditioned them enough.

In short, I'm not saying harley is not some God tier character. She has flaws just like almost any other character. I just think there's some buffs here that are unnecessary and some people that have placed opinions in this thread, have not really fully tested their options either, but complain about others not labbing her enough.

As I said, I'm a joker main. I've been using a character that has been bottom tier for years now. What helps us win is consistent labbing MU's and other peoples lack of MU knowledge. Im always happy to share knowledge and get pumped when people share something i didnt know.

People swear joker is better then what people say when they are getting bodied by him but once they learn the MU, they realize he's not that good.

Great conversation btw
You don't need to see anything, it's simple, you block low then you block high, fuzzy guard is about timing not visual