What's new

Harley General Fixes/"Buff" Thread

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
As many of you know Harley is seen as this Top 10 character and insane zoning monster (even though she gets outzoned by almost everyone with a projectile) both of these things are false and she actually needs help.

Below are some suggestions that would be nice for our Psychotic Princess.

1) Fix her b22 whiffing on floating characters (even if u don't fix anything else, fix this shit at least)

2) Fix her pop pop so it doesn't whiff on some shitty crouching hitboxes.

3) Make tantrum 2 safe

4) Make 112 +1 on block and longer knockdown for oki

5) Allow her MB play doctor to kill (it's already neutral on hit make it at least kill if I'm spending the bar)

6) Give her a fast 10 frame b1 with decreased range to compensate (need an option to punish shit while stand blocking without having to guess)

7) Slightly buff gunshot dmg (trades are useless, gunshot doesn't knock down and does so little damage that it's laughable)

8) b22/tantrum 3 coming out when a character armors through. (it's hitting them, the full string should come out)

Discuss/Debate

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
I like these suggestions, nothing too strong, mostly bug fixes and some stuff she should have had from the start. Don't know why people consider her this tier monster, she's rarely seen in tourney, for good reason, with 11+ bad matchups, she gets counter picked to death, one of the reasons saltface dropped her right from the start.

AkioOf100

I play Raph
I’m no Harley expert but I think she’s really good? She gets great meterless dmg, hit scan projectiles, great zoning.

Are these suggestions to help her in her bad matchups or just luxury buffs (outside of fixes)? Just curious.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I’m no Harley expert but I think she’s really good? She gets great meterless dmg, hit scan projectiles, great zoning.

Are these suggestions to help her in her bad matchups or just luxury buffs (outside of fixes)? Just curious.
Most are mainly bug fixes. The others, especially the damage boost on gunshot and the b1 change, will help with her MUs

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy

Most of these are fixes. But tbh she really needs help in general. People are raving about her being top tier, yet she loses 11+ matchups and is totally under represented recently, she's definitely not top tier, she needs her fixes for sure, the rest of the suggestions are perfectly reasonable and wouldn't push her to "god tier". Like fuck people already think she's god tier, yet have no idea what harley has to go through to get her win vs alot of the cast.

AkioOf100

I play Raph
I think the reason she’s a good zoner is because she can anti-air consistently with cupcakes and trait. And because she has a hit scan projectile in a fighting game. So the data for startup is synonymous for the moment the shot comes out, if that makes sense. Really strong tool in a platformer.

With all of her options (up and straight gunshot, overhead gunshot, cupcakes, trait, pop pop) she becomes a really dangerous zoner. I’m not seeing what she’s missing. Do you have PSN?

Only thing I personally can agree with is 1, 2 and 5, and possibly 6... the rest don’t make sense to me and if you can’t do something on block you also can’t do it on armor it’s just a thing in the game not only Harley. and if you want to be relatively safe on tantrum try rolling away... not trying to be rude at all by posting just an opinion

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
I think the reason she’s a good zoner is because she can anti-air consistently with cupcakes and trait. And because she has a hit scan projectile in a fighting game. So the data for startup is synonymous for the moment the shot comes out, if that makes sense. Really strong tool in a platformer.

With all of her options (up and straight gunshot, overhead gunshot, cupcakes, trait, pop pop) she becomes a really dangerous zoner. I’m not seeing what she’s missing. Do you have PSN?
Her cupcakes are 22 frames she definitely can't anti air with them on anything other than a hard read.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
Only thing I personally can agree with is 1, 2 and 5, and possibly 6... the rest don’t make sense to me and if you can’t do something on block you also can’t do it on armor it’s just a thing in the game not only Harley. and if you want to be relatively safe on tantrum try rolling away... not trying to be rude at all by posting just an opinion
Rolling away on tantrum will get you punished worse than any of her other options. She has no option after tantrum in high level play.

Also Harley has her trait, straight gun, up gun, Air gun, cupcakes, pop pop, and she can also cancel up gun into straight gun and meterburn these moves so I would say she’s one of the better zoners in the game

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Most of these are fixes. But tbh she really needs help in general. People are raving about her being top tier, yet she loses 11+ matchups and is totally under represented recently, she's definitely not top tier, she needs her fixes for sure, the rest of the suggestions are perfectly reasonable and wouldn't push her to "god tier". Like fuck people already think she's god tier, yet have no idea what harley has to go through to get her win vs alot of the cast.
Most of the people saying she is top 10 are people who say their characters aren't top 10 yet their characters lose less match-ups lol.

In the side note, I would like some of her stuff to get fixed. Just B2 and gunshot, nerf her J2 if you want but having stuff whiff randomly is really annoying. I don't think she needs anything else. Safe TS~2 would probably be too much IMO

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Also Harley has her trait, straight gun, up gun, Air gun, cupcakes, pop pop, and she can also cancel up gun into straight gun and meterburn these moves so I would say she’s one of the better zoners in the game
She can’t trade though, she can zone out characters without projectiles but so can most of the cast anyway.

Most of the people saying she is top 10 are people who say their characters aren't top 10 yet their characters lose less match-ups lol.

In the side note, I would like some of her stuff to get fixed. Just B2 and gunshot, nerf her J2 if you want but having stuff whiff randomly is really annoying. I don't think she needs anything else. Safe TS~2 would probably be too much IMO
I mean, they buffed firestorm now he's the jazziest guy on the block so its cool to ask for all this.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
She's only better than characters that aren't straight up zoners IMO like Superman or Batman but she is not better than Fate, Ivy, Green Arrow, Starfire, Darkseid, etc.
And even then some characters have even a harder time getting in on Batman for example.

She is well-rounded tho imo and her zoning is good.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
Yup, totally...

I totally disagree, she needs most/all of those suggestions at high level play. She's heavily out matched vs alot of the cast if people bother to lab her weaknesses. Most will up play the fuck out of her but have never bothered to look into her.

She's only better than characters that aren't straight up zoners IMO like Superman or Batman but she is not better than Fate, Ivy, Green Arrow, Starfire, Darkseid, etc.
And even then some characters have even a harder time getting in on Batman for example.

She is well-rounded tho imo and her zoning is good.
Are you serious?!?!? Not a better zoner than ivy?!?!?!? Lol bye or darkseid ?!?! Try using vine drill against Harley and see who’s the better zoner