What's new

Harley Combo Thread

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
Hey guys. I think I found a ranged combo starter.

db2(MB)> bf3db31> b3> j2> j2> 12dbf1 (36%)

Katt

Magnet
A2A with j2:

j2 j2 1,2 xx TAN~1 (24% dmg + oki, followup with sillyslide for mixups)
If you hit them really low with the first j2 then you can omit the second j2. Does 19% but same oki.

Hi I'm looking to pick up Harley as a secondary can someone list her most efficient bnbs currently plz ty

Edit: ok I found these on page 4

JI2__B2,2,Tantrum,Cartwheel__B3__JI2__JI2__1,2,Play Doctor

Corner BnB:
JI2__B2,2,Tantrum,Cartwheel__F1,3__F1,3__1__1,2,Play Doctor

Corner Reversal BnB
1,2,3__F1,3__F1,3__1__1,2,Play Doctor

Corner Overhead:
F2__F1,3__F1,3__1__1,2,Play Doctor

Mid-Screen Overhead
F2,Tantrum,Cartwheel__B3__JI2__JI2__1,2,Play Doctor

I'm having trouble consistently hitting the j2 after the b3 tho. Sometimes they bounce close but usually they bounce too far and I don't reach

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
For corner, do b2,2 tantrum cartwheel into f2,3, nj2 112, 1 1 1,2 xx play doctor for most damage in corner

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
For corner, do b2,2 tantrum cartwheel into f2,3, nj2 112, 1 1 1,2 xx play doctor for most damage in corner
That is nice.

Some daily thoughts to stoke people's fire..if these work for anyone, or anyone fleshes it out.. By all means friends.. Share :)

Theories- not fully tested/apologies if some have been mentioned..
Using the JI2 as the "universal vanilla combo starter" I'm sure whatever you prefer to start with would work just as well...

Ran out of time before work to fully flesh it out..
JI2,B2,2, TS-1,B2,2 - then follow up
JI2,3,3xxTS-1,B2,2-then follow up
JI2,2,B3xxTS-1,B2,2-then follow up

1,1,2,1,1....was trying other enders but again, ran out of time.

Backed in a corner... Reverse the roll with something like...
D1,1,2,3,2,D3,2,D3,1,1,2,1,1

If I'm not mistaken.. Harley is one of the only characters that can capitalize on position switch with her 1,2,3..... Now your opponent is in corner and you gain the advantage.

A successful TS-3, puts Harley toe to toe with opponent.. I believe giving Harley the slightest advantage while characters are rising, but here it is in motion...
SS,TS-1,TS-3: will put you toe to toe with opponent, I believe giving Harley the slightest advantage while characters are rising.. You now have the advantage.. Natural reaction of opponent will be a few things.. Lets think how to counter these options..
1)Duck on wake-up: NJ2/F2,choose your poison.
2)Wake-Up attack on wake-up: block and punish
3)Back Dash on wake-up: F3 to get in (possibly strike if they back dash and block low)or JI2,2,D3 (keep them guessing)
4)Jump on wake-up: SS,TS-1,TS-3 (now back in same situation if not blocked correctly)

I'm just spit balling here fellas.. Input, advice, alterations all welcome.... All for our benefit and trying to get Harley some respect.

Nuke-Nin

Noob
day 1 combo (nothing worth noting): F13 > Tantrum Stance 1 >B3 > J2 > Playing Doctor = ( hits 26% damage but if you do PDEX the damage is alittle bit longer
also f13> Tantrum Stance 1 > b3 is so good! i love using it on my friends :3

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
bah sorry i didnt mean to put the B in there

b2,2 tantrum 1 into f1,3 f1,3 112, 12,PD does 49. with MB on the PD it's 59%

Fergus

I can do up a video for that with credits to whoever came up with it if people want?

Can do it tomorrow.

nightE89

Cupcakes!!!
Yeah would love to see a vid especially to help with getting the timing down. I can get it if i just do the bare bone basic (TS-2>F1,3>F1,3> 1,2 PD(orEX) but i cant get the timing down to if i kick up a notch

Fergus

I've found some corner oki stuff as well but was rendered useless due to the fact that down blocks both ways except for overheads :(

Katt

Magnet
[...] PD does 49. with MB on the PD it's 59%
Regular PD does 10% unscaled, MB PD does 17% unscaled. That poison ticks only 7 times, my friend.

And interrestingly, ingame movelist says it does 16% total damage. But I swear, when I count there's 3 regular ticks (5% + 3% +2%) then 7x 1% ticks.

Corner combo w/ super
JI2, B22, TS-1, F13, F13, 112, 12, Super, B121, PD (64%)
I'm pretty sure this is max damage.

Unclashable combos w/ super
JI2, B22, Super, B22 (50%)
Also works as an A2A combo

B3/F3, B22, Super, B22 (47%)
Harley can forward dash under the opponent after B3 to switch sides and continue the combo

F23, SS, B22, Super, B22 (50%)
No need to do the Silly Slide when in the corner

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Corner combo w/ super
JI2, B22, TS-1, F13, F13, 112, 12, Super, B121, PD (64%)
I'm pretty sure this is max damage.

Unclashable combos w/ super
JI2, B22, Super, B22 (50%)
Also works as an A2A combo

B3/F3, B22, Super, B22 (47%)
Harley can forward dash under the opponent after B3 to switch sides and continue the combo

F23, SS, B22, Super, B22 (50%)
No need to do the Silly Slide when in the corner
I like your combo starters.. Care to share your typical BnB's without Super?

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Have been working on the following..

2,U3, B3,(let them come to you) 2,U3, TS-1, TS-3
Consensus usually shows Harley going after her target off a B3 with a J1 or J2.. To start the SS pressure.. I feel there is something to be tapped into by letting the opponent come to you and continue the pressure immediately .

Also in the corner..
JI2,2,D3,NJ2, 1,1,2,D2,1,1,2-hard to land last 2 but nets around 30% and looks kind of flashy with her D2

Mid screen:
1,2,3,3,3 - time the first leg kick with falling body puts the opponent at the proper distance for JI to reach at max distance, same with TS. If they tech roll- look for SS into overhead and follow up or NJ.

F3 catches a lot of people.. I am working on SS Under them while in the air to mix them up.. Kind if useless because they are sitting ducks in the air to begin with, and it may not be maximizing damage off a hit F3, but placement AFTER the combo may end up being more important to Harley (specially if she is painted into the role of a corner damage character)

Trying to make B2,2, TS-1,B,2,2 work with follow up but having some trouble..

Also trying to find more practical uses for B1,2,1 alone as normal attacks and also off of B3 or TS-1

A question for you guys regarding B2,2..
Noticed in the guide.. This is what they say if B2,2: "this string is best used against opponents that like to rush down and dash forward frequently. If the first hit of this move whiffs or is blocked, the second hit won't activate, though that its a concern because the move is safe when blocked anyway. This move is also really good at baiting low pokes. (This is what I don't get) if your opponent blocks your D1, you can walk backward and whiff punish your opponent with this string. The best special to follow up is the TS because of its reach as damage potential, make your opponent throw out random low pokes and always punish with this string."

So.. Harley has a short D1.. So if the opponent blocks and you walk backward, arnt you eating their next D1 counter into a full combo trying to get your B2,2 out? Or am I just going full retard here? Thanks!