B+1 2 1~ df+1
B+2, 2~DB+3~3
1, 1, 3~DB+3~3
B+2, 2 ~ DB+3~1, DB+3~3
F+2,3 ~ B,F+3, 1, 1, 3 ~ DF+1
B+3, J.2, 2, U+3 ~ DBF+1
2, U+3, B+3, J.2, 2, U+3 ~ DBF+1

will finish the rest tomorrow
Letters are directionals... Numbers are attack.
B= back
F= forward
J= jump
D= down
1= light
2= medium
3= heavy

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I would love to perform these combos, but I don't understand any of the writing.

Could someone explain to me what inputs like these mean: I.e. j2, B3, etc. ?
Square /x = 1, Triangle/y = 2, X/A = 3, and Circle/B = 4

Then for the letters it's simple, j=jump, d=down, f=forward, etc.

So j3 would mean a while jumping X/A :)

EDIT: Damn, too slow lol

I'm an idiot and having some problems getting play doctor to come out consistently after strings lol. Anybody have any advice to make it a little easier?
I think what makes it tough if you are trying to connect it off 1,1 Im having the same problem I can do the move a 100 while not doing a combo. But when ever I try to land it on a combo FAIL

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
For A2A combos, best in corner seems to be j2, 1, 112, 1,2 xx play doctor for 32%

And midscreen j2 1,2 xx TS~3 (the 1,2 has to be done really low for TS to connect) for 22%

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine

natey2k4

Noob
If this is already in the thread, I apologize - but I'm having difficulty trying to land Play Doctor after a special. Then again, I'm also having trouble landing b3 after the cartwheel as well.

Online is even worse. Whenever I do Tantrum Stance, it always goes right to bullet without me even inputting the "X". I can never, ever, do the cartwheel online.

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
You are mashing the tantrum, that is how you get the guns. Or negative edge ducks you over, maybe.(if you haven't turned that evil thing off yet)

Am i wrong in perferring resets over Play Doctor? Of course against characters with nasty wakeups like Killer Frost the grab might be better, but i still feel the resets make tighter pressure.

Yeah, that's been my go-to meterless corner combo for a while, except without the extra 1 before the 12 at the end. The extra 1% isn't worth it, imo. You can also end in J3 xx gunshot after the 112 for a better oki setup if you do the 112 early enough. Easier against big body characters.

Fergus

Ah didn't know it was known :(

I don't find adding in the extra 1 hard anyway but each to their own.

I'll play around with that J3 xx gunshot and see what setups Harley can get off it.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Found a new combo today, 45% meterless off b2,2 in corner (new corner staple?)

Don't like ending in play doctor... Why put yourself in neutral standing situation instead of read and mix-up, specially in the corner, specially in a transition corner? Sure play doctor looks nice in combo videos... However, I'm back dashing and MB B3 (if they try wake up attack) NJ2,2,U3,B3(if they try jumping), JI2(cross up)2,U3,B3,Silly Slide (cross under),TS-1,B3 (send em through the wall).

Fergus

Just nice to have a damaging combo in case you need to go for the kill imo, can tack on Ex play doctor for an extra 10-15% through poison and zone away to get a chip finish or w/e.

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
Maybe, but when you almost never use it anyway, you'll end up dropping it and the worst of both worlds happens. I prefer chipping out when i need to go for the kill. MB bf2 or MB air gunshot.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Just nice to have a damaging combo in case you need to go for the kill imo, can tack on Ex play doctor for an extra 10-15% through poison and zone away to get a chip finish or w/e.
Yes.. MB Play Doc is worth using.. You can immediately run away and add chip to the DoT that you had mentioned.. But I am not running away from a cornered character.. That is when it becomes aggressive time.. And a great time to introduce your opponent to Darkseid, Scarecrow, Killer Croc, Penguin, Two-Face, Riddler... Amongst others :)

Fergus

If they have ample health left, then it's definitely better to keep on the offense, but if they have like < 20% health, it's better to run away imo for most character's case anyway rather than risking a wrong guess and putting yourself in a unfavorable position upclose when they're almost dead anway.

Probably just my playstyle, I like to play it safe.

natey2k4

Noob
You are mashing the tantrum, that is how you get the guns. Or negative edge ducks you over, maybe.(if you haven't turned that evil thing off yet)

Am i wrong in perferring resets over Play Doctor? Of course against characters with nasty wakeups like Killer Frost the grab might be better, but i still feel the resets make tighter pressure.
I'm definitely not mashing. It only happens online, I play offline all the time and it works perfectly. I have no visible lag online either though, so it's weird.

No idea what Negative Edge is? Where do I find that?

As far as resets over Play Doctor, when I use play doctor, I back up, and charge my (forget the name, sorry) Silly Gun to the unblockable 11% hit, so I can get in closer then to re-apply pressure.

natey2k4

Noob
Then maybe you're not releasing back fast enough?

In Controller Preset, turn Release Check off. It sucks.
I thought that orginally, but wouldn't I just roll backwards instead of firing the gunshots? Like I said, I have zero issues offline doing either the light, medium, or heavy follow up to Tantrum Stance. Only online. Maybe I'll try using my fight stick instead of my controller.

Thanks for the tip on Release Check.

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
I thought that orginally, but wouldn't I just roll backwards instead of firing the gunshots? Like I said, I have zero issues offline doing either the light, medium, or heavy follow up to Tantrum Stance. Only online. Maybe I'll try using my fight stick instead of my controller.
Oh, right. I am just used to questions on why she keeps rolling back after tantrum. Then it's definetly the evil Release Check, murder that.