What's new

GVN Winter Brawl 6 - Frozen Battlegrounds- Feb 18th and 19th-... (Philadelphia Pa)

Goldi

Noob
I just booked my flight and hotel. I'm a little intimidated, but I want to meet the community and "level up" as they say. :) My first tournament! So exciting!

Its still intimidating. I'm kind of freaked that I won't know anyone. Lucky, I have a friend who agreed to join me on the secound day. she's not much of a gamer, but I promised her someone would be happy to show her how to play. Sooo, any volunteers? Lol

Anyway, I'm mostly a lurker here, but you'll recognize me. I'll be the only girl walking around with a hitbox covered in hello kitty stickers :D

Shady

Noob
So, who is willing to pick me up from the bus station on Friday night in exchange for a fast-food dinner :p.

Definitely booked my MegaBus tonight.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
So, who is willing to pick me up from the bus station on Friday night in exchange for a fast-food dinner :p.

I might be able to. Some people are staying at my place Friday night so I would need to make sure I'm here when they arrive. What time is your bus scheduled to get in? Your more than welcome to stay here Friday as well - I just don't want to not be here when people arrive or leave a bunch of people at my place for an hour.

Shady

Noob
I might be able to. Some people are staying at my place Friday night so I would need to make sure I'm here when they arrive. What time is your bus scheduled to get in? Your more than welcome to stay here Friday as well - I just don't want to not be here when people arrive or leave a bunch of people at my place for an hour.
I think Dan said that he's getting the hotel both Friday and Saturday so I think I'm good for Friday unless something changes. I feel like I'd be abusing your hospitality with you being kind enough to put me up for Sunday night already. Thanks for the offer though. I get in at 10:00PM, so pretty late. I think Dan also said he would pick me up, which was kind of him.

I am growing more and more impressed with how amazing this community is. I only heard rumors about how great and friendly everyone is, but experiencing it first hand is kind of refreshing. Can't wait to meet all of you.

Goldi

Noob
I have my room Friday through Sunday. I'd be happy to run some casuals out of it! I'm afraid I can't bring a system with me, though. But I can buy beer! :D

Anyone need a roommate? I work Friday night so I'm hoping to come home, get some sleep between 8 and 12 and then make my way there on a 3 hour trip. But like I asked, does anyone know when the tournament starts? Even then, I'll still make it just for casuals and anything else like KOF13 and Garou.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I think Dan said that he's getting the hotel both Friday and Saturday so I think I'm good for Friday unless something changes. I feel like I'd be abusing your hospitality with you being kind enough to put me up for Sunday night already. Thanks for the offer though. I get in at 10:00PM, so pretty late. I think Dan also said he would pick me up, which was kind of him.

I am growing more and more impressed with how amazing this community is. I only heard rumors about how great and friendly everyone is, but experiencing it first hand is kind of refreshing. Can't wait to meet all of you.
Dan is the man! Summer Jam was where I really started to meet a lot of new people and staying with Dan/Storms is probably what solidified my dedication to the MK scene.

I'll be there very early Saturday morning to help set up. After pools are done I'll make sure to make the rounds and get as many casuals in with everyone.

Cibernetico - registration normally starts at 11am. Mortal Kombat will start somewhere between 12pm-1pm. Getting there at 11am is the best bet in my opinion.

Shady

Noob
Dan is the man! Summer Jam was where I really started to meet a lot of new people and staying with Dan/Storms is probably what solidified my dedication to the MK scene.

I'll be there very early Saturday morning to help set up. After pools are done I'll make sure to make the rounds and get as many casuals in with everyone.

Cibernetico - registration normally starts at 11am. Mortal Kombat will start somewhere between 12pm-1pm. Getting there at 11am is the best bet in my opinion.
I actually was supposed to make it to both Summer Jam and NEC but because of work and other stuff never ended up getting my shit together on time. Kind of a late introduction to the MK scene for me, but from what everyone has told me (SNIPS included) everyone is just as friendly and awesome as they seem so I'm hella excited to meet everyone. Although I am a bit scared that after this I will be a little too addicted to going to tourneys and keep blowing all my moneys. :p.

See yall in 2 weeks gentlemen....

DanCock

Cock Master!!
registration and room booked :)

cant wait to compete in KI again--> MK2 and mk9 i pray i do better then last time.

Well if that's the case, I'll be there late and just see if I can play casuals and get my Saturn pad modded. It'll be crazy of me to go straight to Philly after working overnights. Oh well, I'll still enjoy myself.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I'm so glad this show's finally catching some fire <3.

Gonna go update the Player's List.
Not entirely sure about the pre-show for Friday, but if anything, it could probably be saved for Saturday night so we all have something joyous and violent to do after pools are over and done.

2 WEEKS TO GO
HYPE BEYOND MEASURABLE COMPARISON
I LOVE CHICKENS, EDDY
WINTER F'N BRAWL!!!

I have my room Friday through Sunday. I'd be happy to run some casuals out of it! I'm afraid I can't bring a system with me, though. But I can buy beer! :D

You sound awesome :D.
I'm in the same boat as Jer, who is totally the man. NEC was my first ever experience even remotely anything like this, and I ended up meeting a butt-ton of awesome people and having one of the best weekends in Boxy history.

Shady

Noob
I'm so glad this show's finally catching some fire <3.

Gonna go update the Player's List.
Not entirely sure about the pre-show for Friday, but if anything, it could probably be saved for Saturday night so we all have something joyous and violent to do after pools are over and done.

2 WEEKS TO GO
HYPE BEYOND MEASURABLE COMPARISON
I LOVE CHICKENS, EDDY
WINTER F'N BRAWL!!!
I'm just waiting for someone to play as Jax in Test Your Might and pull out Armless Combat. That will probably the funniest thing I ever see. The the least GDLK Jax display ever.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young

You can take the train from right across the Megabus stop to the airport, and take the free hotel vans to the hotel. That's what I did at NEC.