What's new

GVN Summer Jam V - 8/27 - 8/28 Philly, PA

The hurricane is going to be hitting late saturday night and will be a cat 1. There will be heavy rain yes but the winds won't be as dangerous and the possibility of the hotel losing power is very low.

so whats up w/ SwiftTomHanks etc.? i am leaving early tomorrow morning and need to figure out whether to go to the hotel or what

I think the hurricane won't affect the actual tourney, but it will affect the people who have to go home by plane Sunday or Monday, especially by Newark. The whole national flight schedule will be affected, because all of the Sunday flights at Newark and JFK will be cancelled, and moved to Monday.

I'm driving to SJ from Central Jersey, but if by some miracle, I make it to the Sunday finals, I will stay at the hotel for a night or two.

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
Isn't the hurricane hitting late sunday afternoon??? So most can play casuals on Friday. Play in the tourney on Saturday. Then leave late Saturday night before it hits the east coast.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=43.097171,-77.631323
- Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
Well its starting in New Jersey Saturday and its expected to be near Cat 4 in Jersey. Jersey is going to be in state of emergency sunday and there are massive areas of evacuation notice. That being said..i don't want to drive in this.

if the guy from vsm (sorry forgot the name) wont be able to make it there and stream the pools, will someone else be able to do it?

DanCock

Cock Master!!
if the guy from vsm (sorry forgot the name) wont be able to make it there and stream the pools, will someone else be able to do it?
storms and i along with Im sure rob, shock and phil will make sure its streamed..

storms and i have our phones/ipad lol

Tim Static

Adminerator
oh no thats huge if he doesnt make it :/

is the mk side of this tourney going to happen 100%??? i really dont want to waste 300 bucks in driving there..
I'd make a phone call. Im not sure whats going on, but then again, i had no idea a hurricane is coming :(

Wait there's a possibility that MK is just straight up canceled :(
im listening to vsm the whole time no word of mk being canceled actually there might even a 3d mk be played. but phil says he might not be able to go there and stream the pools. but if so, theres gotta be someone who can do the job instead...!...?

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Wait there's a possibility that MK is just straight up canceled :(
i dont think so.. im just worried that people are over reacting to this Hurricane.. we drive in crazy ass blizzards in the north east.. on top of that this hurricane isnt going to be like how it is in florida and those southern states..

i think the weather forecasters are just saying the worst is going to happen just to cover their asses, but it will just be a category one hurricane and nothing bigger..

Dark_Rob

Noob
There is no way this hurricane will hit with category 4 force. It just doesn't happen this far north. Once a hurricane hits land it dies. Its touching down in North Carolina and then has to
travel all the way up here. By the time it gets up here it will be a category1 or even more likely a tropical storm. We are to far north for a hurricane to hit with anything
stronger than that
MK is not cancelled however due to some personal circumstances Phil(9.95) may not be able to attend and run the stream. This is not yet guaranteed and he may still make it. I will
know more tommorow. The tournament however will proceed as planned.

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
There is no way this hurricane will hit with category 4 force. It just doesn't happen this far north. Once a hurricane hits land it dies. Its touching down in North Carolina and then has to
travel all the way up here. By the time it gets up here it will be a category1 or even more likely a tropical storm. We are to far north for a hurricane to hit with anything
stronger than that
MK is not cancelled however due to some personal circumstances Phil(9.95) may not be able to attend and run the stream. This is not yet guaranteed and he may still make it. I will
know more tommorow. The tournament however will proceed as planned.
I wasnt planning on it hitting this sever. I too doubt even Category 3 will be reached. But its getting hyped up to be really bad in New Jersey. And im right near the coast. Driving home on sunday doesn't look good for me considering I go back to college Monday.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I wasnt planning on it hitting this sever. I too doubt even Category 3 will be reached. But its getting hyped up to be really bad in New Jersey. And im right near the coast. Driving home on sunday doesn't look good for me considering I go back to college Monday.
drive back saturday night.... but i totally understand to be safe then sorry..

Rob i think we should push real hard to get the MK9 tourney done on saturday.. i think it can get done..

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Hey guys, I really wanted to get in contact with everyone in the last few days for Summer Jam prep but the site has been down :(

I'm going to provide my cell for anyone that needs to be picked up or taken somewhere in the case of an emergency: 610-283-3163.

All day Friday we will be at my place playing MK and anyone/everyone is welcome. Call/text me for address.

I also have a phone that can stream matches for pools. So worst case scenario we can have three people streaming different pool matches.

Lastly, in the case of this hurricane being something fierce, anyone/everyone is welcome to stay at my place as long as they wish until they can return home safely. Also keep in mind that the hotel is probably one of the best places to be in a storm like this. They will not lose power and you are in a safe building with food and a place to sleep - also friends. With that said, if people need extended time before they can make it home safe, you are welcome to wait the storm out here.

The storm is supposed to be the worst Saturday afternoon into Sunday afternoon so I actually think that running the whole thing Saturday won't really help too much to be honest. I personally wouldn't want to leave Saturday night in the rain, dark, and wind.

Alright, getting ready now.

BTW, I have a fairly simple but effective stream setup (just direct capture + commentary, no wirecast/xsplit so I can't do player names etc.). I have a Dazzle and the splitters/cables all set up properly. If you've got nothing better I'm definitely willing to use this!

Matix218

Get over here!
Hey guys,

I was going to try to get some casuals practice in on Sat morning at the Hotel (I am not staying at the hotel becasue I only live 55 mins from the Philly Airport) but I was seeing if any of the guys that will be at the hotel on sat morning would be down for some casuals as practice for the tourney. I am not a pro or anything, this is my first tournament but I just wanted to get some practice against some of you guys before the actual tournament starts. Would anyone be down for this? And if so what time would you want to start playing so I know what time to be at the hotel (the actual tournament for MK9 starts at like 3:30 right?).

Thanks in advance!

Tyler

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Good luck to everyone this weekend. Be careful and safe and hopefully the storm isn't too bad.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Hey guys, I really wanted to get in contact with everyone in the last few days for Summer Jam prep but the site has been down :(

I'm going to provide my cell for anyone that needs to be picked up or taken somewhere in the case of an emergency: 610-283-3163.

All day Friday we will be at my place playing MK and anyone/everyone is welcome. Call/text me for address.

I also have a phone that can stream matches for pools. So worst case scenario we can have three people streaming different pool matches.

Lastly, in the case of this hurricane being something fierce, anyone/everyone is welcome to stay at my place as long as they wish until they can return home safely. Also keep in mind that the hotel is probably one of the best places to be in a storm like this. They will not lose power and you are in a safe building with food and a place to sleep - also friends. With that said, if people need extended time before they can make it home safe, you are welcome to wait the storm out here.

The storm is supposed to be the worst Saturday afternoon into Sunday afternoon so I actually think that running the whole thing Saturday won't really help too much to be honest. I personally wouldn't want to leave Saturday night in the rain, dark, and wind.
The fucking man, you are, sir.

And for once, Storm's nickname isnt very funny this weekend. lol