What's new

GVN Summer Jam V - 8/27 - 8/28 Philly, PA

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
This sucks, my dad is giving me A LOT OF SHIT for still trying to go to this. Isn't Philly a better spot to be than Long Island since you know it isn't surrounded by water?!?! My only problem is obviously coming home Sunday since I have work Monday...

God dammit, already signed up and booked a room. Decisions, decisions.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Just heard on the news the Garden State Parkway will be closed if anyone from NY was considering taking it.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
This sucks, my dad is giving me A LOT OF SHIT for still trying to go to this. Isn't Philly a better spot to be than Long Island since you know it isn't surrounded by water?!?! My only problem is obviously coming home Sunday since I have work Monday...

God dammit, already signed up and booked a room. Decisions, decisions.
ur going! >:3

Noob
Guys, this is looking worse and worse for me. I'm still waiting to make a final decision, but right now NY is planning on getting hit pretty hard. They're expecting 60-80mph winds in NYC with winds getting as high as 100mph on Long Island. I live in one of the primary evacuation zones on LI and I have to evacuate my 3 dogs, 5 birds, turtle, and rabbit... not to mention my wife and any important things in my apartment. I simply won't leave Melissa in a situation where I leave to go to a tournament and she may have to do all that evacuation by herself. I should have a final answer within 2 hours.

Noob
Ok guys, the unfortunate reality of the situation is that I will not be attending Summer Jam. I have to evacuate my home tonight with my wife and animals, and then make sure the rest of my family is secure before I could even think about going. Roads are being shut-down, people being evacuated is causing nightmarish traffic, and it's just not feasible for me to make it this time.

I'm sorry to those of you who were expecting me, but I hope you understand that these are extenuating circumstances and my family is my main priority.

Good luck to everyone who will be attending!

Ok guys, the unfortunate reality of the situation is that I will not be attending Summer Jam. I have to evacuate my home tonight with my wife and animals, and then make sure the rest of my family is secure before I could even think about going. Roads are being shut-down, people being evacuated is causing nightmarish traffic, and it's just not feasible for me to make it this time.

I'm sorry to those of you who were expecting me, but I hope you understand that these are extenuating circumstances and my family is my main priority.

sad but you got important things to do. so can anyone else provide a stream?

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I canceled my hotel reservations at the last minute. I wouldn't be able to head out from here till around 7-7:30 and to make a long story short from what I heard it will be hell getting there and more so getting back home in time. Regardless it's a lose, lose for me. If it's a bad storm I could be in for some trouble and if it's a pushover I'm going to be really pissed I didn't make it.

Anyway good luck to all going.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter

Be safe brother.

My potential plan is leaving tonight for Philly and coming back tomorrow night...

we MIGHT be doing the entire tournament tomorrow. Waiting to hear back from Shock.

I$AAC

Noob
As someone that lives in FL and has personally been affected by a Hurricane in his life, I just want to please be careful out there guys. if you have to go out then don't. It's better to be safe and sorry. This sucks for all the people that paid for hotels and travel and now can't go! =(

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Yo I'm here at summer jam. You're all free now. When I get my winnings we can all go party.

I'll also be streaming some cool shit on my Justin tv account, SwiftTomHanks.

Be safe driving! And Phil, best of luck with everything. If you ever need a place to evac to, me house es su casa...?

Yo I'm here at summer jam. You're all free now. When I get my winnings we can all go party.

I'll also be streaming some cool shit on my Justin tv account, SwiftTomHanks.

Be safe driving! And Phil, best of luck with everything. If you ever need a place to evac to, me house es su casa...?
awesome bro. can you give us details about the stream? is it from one system, is there commentary, what time will it be?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Thanks in advance to Local Battles. I was worried for a bit. I decided against going to Summer Jam due to the hurricane, but now I'm regretting it if there's low attendance haha.

And Phil, stay safe. I used to live in NC and went through hurricanes Fran, Floyd, and Bertha. As long as you're away from windows and your house isn't made of straw, there's not much to worry about except for fallen trees. Since Irene won't be big when it hits the Northeast, the damage should be minimal.

This sucks. I won't be able to make it either. I'm in central NJ and there's a good chance that my basement will flood. So I have to keep watch with the generator and the pump. I was so looking forward to this. :(

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Storms if possible just link us on the homepage tomorrow about the stream, I'm sure we'll have one.
yeah will do.

also, looks like Shock IS GOING. I am planning to leave tomorrow am. I would've gone tonight but I'm still waiting for my son to go to bed... he had a nap earlier... :( lol

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I'll wait until full results are posted to say my full bit, but from what I have heard there was no MK2 or UMK3 at this years Summer Jam. Any truth to this?