What's new

GVN Summer Jam August 14th and 15th Philadelphia PA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noob
Sans, also remember, the game is on MAME, not kaillera. Kaillera is just the plugin to let you play mame online. The timing on Mame might be a hair faster than the XBL version though... it's barely noticeable, but it's there. Just play against the CPU for a while and you'll get the timing down no problem.

SANS POWER

Banned
Joe is a good player, a VERY good player. He's very hard to bait, he has sick reflexes and beat people to the popup easily 80-90% of the time. He adjusts on the fly very well, better than almost anyone I've ever seen.
I'll take that into consideration..

Quick question, if I go, will I be able to play on the analog sticks on my 360 controller? I downloaded kaillera at my house and for some reason it won't let me jump forward or back or crouch down and back. None of the directional commands are working, when I press forward and up my character just jumps straight up. I know most of you guys play with an arcade stick, so hopefully we can fix the issue at the tournament.

Noob
I'll take that into consideration..

Quick question, if I go, will I be able to play on the analog sticks on my 360 controller? I downloaded kaillera at my house and for some reason it won't let me jump forward or back or crouch down and back. None of the directional commands are working, when I press forward and up my character just jumps straight up. I know most of you guys play with an arcade stick, so hopefully we can fix the issue at the tournament.
Which version of MAME did you download? MAME Plus Plus Kaillera 119 is the standard that we use at tournaments and it also allows for analog input on the 360 controller.

MRIGOTBASS

Which version of MAME did you download? MAME Plus Plus Kaillera 119 is the standard that we use at tournaments and it also allows for analog input on the 360 controller.
Its the 32k they use to play online. Can that be made to work, or do we need Mame Plus Plus

Also if its the ++ please link me to download if you wouldnt mind.

Thanks

Noob
Its the 32k they use to play online. Can that be made to work, or do we need Mame Plus Plus

Thanks
You can grab it here:
http://www.kaillera.com/download.php

The only problem with 119, though, is that you can't auto unlock the hiddens like on 32k. That means you're going to have to play without Mileena, Ermac, and C.Sub unless you unlock them manually.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Sans Power, save your comments after the tournament, don't want to argue or whatever. Just wanna tell you two things.

1. Joe is very very very good UMK3 player, and has played the game for a long time ( the fact that he has a basic human smoke does not make him an outsider or whatever you try to put him in)
Yes he plays SF but he is very good umk3 player and i would love to see you two play....

2. Pls make sure you show up to this venue!

SANS POWER

Banned
Sans Power, save your comments after the tournament, don't want to argue or whatever. Just wanna tell you two things.

1. Joe is very very very good UMK3 player, and has played the game for a long time ( the fact that he has a basic human smoke does not make him an outsider or whatever you try to put him in)
Yes he plays SF but he is very good umk3 player and i would love to see you two play....

2. Pls make sure you show up to this venue!
I never said anything about him having a basic Smoke or being an outsider. I was just making a point that he's mainly a Street Fighter player, I'm sure he's a good player. I have nothing against him, at all, I was just saying that I want to make sure that the person that wins the tournament is a MK player, mainly.

I'll be there and I can't wait to play against your Kabal, the only thing stopping me now is how I'm going to get the money, but I'll be able to rack the dough up in 2 weeks.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

Thanks
If you've never played MAME ++, you'll be amazed at how much better it is than all versions of UMK3. I played Phil on it once ONLINE in p2p and it was buttery smooth. Offline it's a perfect port in my opinion.

SANS POWER

Banned
Me and IGB are gonna be playing MAME so we can get use to it. It really does feel different than UMK3 on XBLA, in my opinion I feel that MAME is a little faster and feels smoother.

When you guys play UMK3 at the tournaments, does playing on those LCD flat-screens give it a lag? I heard somewhere on one of these forums that you get a input lag or whatever when you play on those flat-screens.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Sans, i don not play Kabal only. In fact I would play 18 of the whole roster. The thing is that Kabal is the character i feel most comfortable with....And the comment about kabal being a bad choice agaist Smoke-100% not true...at ECT it wasn't Kabals fault, it was the guy who operated him.

P.S. the Lag problem came from bad resolution setup and probably wrong cable...anyway im not familiar with the tech used so someone else can explain i guess....

SANS POWER

Banned
Sans, i don not play Kabal only. In fact I would play 18 of the whole roster. The thing is that Kabal is the character i feel most comfortable with....And the comment about kabal being a bad choice agaist Smoke-100% not true...at ECT it wasn't Kabals fault, it was the guy who operated him.
I'm going to have to disagree with you there, no hard feelings. I just feel Kabal vs H.Smoke isn't the best match up for Kabal. He's really easy to juggle and H.Smoke is faster than Kabal, the only thing that really keeps Kabal thriving is that spin. Imagine how low on the tier list he'd be if that move was taken away from him. Maybe it's just my opinion, but that's how I've always felt about Kabal vs. H.Smoke and I'm sure you play with all characters, I do too. However, my main characters are Nightwolf, Kabal, Jade, and sometimes Stryker. I get what you mean about feeling comfortable, I don't intend on using Sheeva at the tournament, lol.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Its not about what how we feel, its about the game....Kabal is number 1 in the whole roster and no mater how fast Human Smoke is, an aggressive Kabal player will always dictate the whole match. The problem of Kabal vs Smoke is that people (including myself as well) tend to do stupid and useless mistakes with him. Random spins etc. On the other hand that gives Smoke great opportunities for 2x50% combos and the show is over.

SANS POWER

Banned
Its not about what how we feel, its about the game....Kabal is number 1 in the whole roster and no mater how fast Human Smoke is, an aggressive Kabal player will always dictate the whole match. The problem of Kabal vs Smoke is that people (including myself as well) tend to do stupid and useless mistakes with him. Random spins etc. On the other hand that gives Smoke great opportunities for 2x50% combos and the show is over.
I realize what you're saying, but certain characters have bad match ups regardless with where they place on the tier list. For example, Nightwolf is ranked number 7, but he's terrible up against Kitana and that's because their designs clash in her favor. I'm sure he's not too good up against Jade or even Mileena, but I know for sure he's terrible against Kitana and I think she's ranked 12. I've seen a post Shock made in regards to the tier list and it was the best interpretation of how the tier list works. Yeah, Kabal is the best character in the game, but certain characters do really well up against him. I think H.Smoke is one of them, as well as Nightwolf and Stryker and someone who knows how to really use Jax. Those are my opinions as far bad match ups for Kabal, but it's a fact that even really good characters have bad match ups against certain characters.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Once again it depends on the Kabal player...IMO the best and most aggressive Kabal I've seen is Hanzo Hasashi's kabal and no character stands a chance vs his Kabal. maybe Stryker will cause some problems because he can jab him and Kabal cant jab Stryker.

Noob
The LCD won't lag at all because of the connection to the screen. The LCD is basically a huge computer monitor, so when the game comes from a PC to a monitor, your not getting any input lag. At Road to Evo 2, they used the wrong resolution from PC to S-video and that caused input delay. It won't be an issue at all at Summer Jam.

SANS POWER

Banned
The LCD won't lag at all because of the connection to the screen. The LCD is basically a huge computer monitor, so when the game comes from a PC to a monitor, your not getting any input lag. At Road to Evo 2, they used the wrong resolution from PC to S-video and that caused input delay. It won't be an issue at all at Summer Jam.
That's good, I'm not good with lag... At all.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Top 5 prediction based on who's entered so far (in no order):

-REO
-Shock
-iloveu Joe
-AC1984
-Sans Power

I'm hoping Tim, Phil and Rob get top 8 though!

SANS POWER

Banned
That tournament is going to end like this...

SANS POWER vs Joe, 3-0.

I told Juggs this, I'm not winning this tournament just for myself. I'm going to win it so online players can have their bragging rights. There's no pressure on me, if I go in there and lose, then everybody is right. Online players can't compete, the pressure is on Shock who said "I won't show" or "I'll lose". Shock has to beat me now, I'm just going in there and I've already called out Joe. He's been winning one to many of these tournaments, especially as a "Street Fighter" player.

No shit talking, just friendly competition

: )

Dark_Rob

Noob

SANS POWER vs Joe, 3-0. I've already called out Joe. He's been winning one to many of these tournaments, especially as a "Street Fighter" player.

I always think its good to go into a tournament with alot of confidence in yourself(which it appears your doing) A few things about Joe you may not know though. Hes been playing UMK3 for a VERY long time. I think Summoning has known him since he was a little kid and had to stand on a milk crate just to play lol. Hes also very very good. He may not be the most technical player you will ever see and he may not know excatly what his most damaging options are in every given situation the way Shock would, but one thing he epitomizes is the word "clutch". He has so many many years of tournament experience under his belt. He is SO used to playing under pressure. In fact Ive observed the more pressure hes under the better he seems to perform. Its like he feeds off of it. This is the opposite of most people. Most of us will crack in a pressure situation, especially one we are not used to being in.
Im actually not telling you this to discourage you, perhaps you can beat him, I dont know. Im telling you this so you dont make the mistake of underestimating this "Street fighter player". He is one of those players who can be top at whatever fighting game he decides to be top in. And hes definately top in UMK3.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™

SANS POWER vs Joe, 3-0.

I told Juggs this, I'm not winning this tournament just for myself. I'm going to win it so online players can have their bragging rights. There's no pressure on me, if I go in there and lose, then everybody is right. Online players can't compete, the pressure is on Shock who said "I won't show" or "I'll lose". Shock has to beat me now, I'm just going in there and I've already called out Joe. He's been winning one to many of these tournaments, especially as a "Street Fighter" player.

Yea, Joe is pretty OG with UMK3. He does better in UMK3 than SF, haha.

SANS POWER

Banned
I always think its good to go into a tournament with alot of confidence in yourself(which it appears your doing) A few things about Joe you may not know though. Hes been playing UMK3 for a VERY long time. I think Summoning has known him since he was a little kid and had to stand on a milk crate just to play lol. Hes also very very good. He may not be the most technical player you will ever see and he may not know excatly what his most damaging options are in every given situation the way Shock would, but one thing he epitomizes is the word "clutch". He has so many many years of tournament experience under his belt. He is SO used to playing under pressure. In fact Ive observed the more pressure hes under the better he seems to perform. Its like he feeds off of it. This is the opposite of most people. Most of us will crack in a pressure situation, especially one we are not used to being in.
Im actually not telling you this to discourage you, perhaps you can beat him, I dont know. Im telling you this so you dont make the mistake of underestimating this "Street fighter player". He is one of those players who can be top at whatever fighting game he decides to be top in. And hes definately top in UMK3.
I'm not underestimating anybody, I'm just saying I'm going in there with a lot of confidence because I know how good I am and how good everybody there is, based on videos. I'd consider myself one of the best players in UMK3, top 5 at least online and I've destroyed some of the best players with ease. I'm just going there to either succeed or fail, I'm not trying to play in the loser's finalists rounds or be happy with 2nd place. It's either I win or lose, 2nd place is just a pat on the back for losing to first.

I've got nothing to lose, these tournament vets do like Shock have all the pressure on them now. He has to beat me, if I go there and lose than you guys were all right about online players and how well they adapt. I do really well under pressure and I hope everyone is cheering for Joe and Shock when I play them, I don't want anyone behind me. I just want to go there, not for myself, but to prove a point and see my name in first place and I'll be happy. This is my last chance to play UMK3 before I get shipped to Boot Camp and like I said. It's either I fail or succeed and I intend on getting first place, I'm not settling for 2nd.

They've gotten as good as they have in 15 years, I've only been seriously playing UMK3 for about 2 or 3 and gotten as good as I am in that short amount of time. There is always someone out there better than you, but at the same time I look at like this, my only goal is to win and failure or second place is not an option. This tournament is very serious to me now because it'll be my only chance to prove everybody wrong about online players and about me. So, I'm giving everything I got and hopefully it encourages other online players to step out of their rooms and come to these tournaments. I know a lot of them would do really well up against most of the people who attend these East Coast showdowns.

A L A N 1 S
MR IGOTBASS
0 Juggernaut 0
Twin Paradox
FUNERAL URN
UMKsFinest

Those are all I can think of right now, it's going to be a blast and it's amazing to see this game still strong after 15 years with a deep following.

In the end though, I plan on winning!

Sorry Shock!

AC1984

Kaballin!
lmao, careful,you got so high...the fall might hurt.

...How do you know you'll even get to play Joe?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Do any of you know the streaming schedule for UMK3? As in, will it be top 5, top 3? It would be nice to stream all top 8, since UMK3 matches go by really quickly. Also, do you know who will be streaming?

SANS POWER

Banned
lmao, careful,you got so high...the fall might hurt.

...How do you know you'll even get to play Joe?
LOL, iight. Like I said my man, I have nothing to lose. I'm also not threatend by anybody there, no offense. I've said it time and time again, the best Kabal on UMK3 is MR IGOTBASS' Kabal, especially when delay and lag has been removed from the equation. MISTA KM supposedly had the greatest Kabal ever and was tournament winner and IGB crushed his Kabal with ease, with several babies.. Enough to open a fucking international adoption center.

We will see "how high I fall" if I even fall at all, sorry if I sound arrogant, but that's just my opinion. I've seen all you guys play on YouTube, I'm bringing my A game and you brings yours. I'm telling you though, there's no pressure on me, I'm just going in there with a lot of confidence and the mindset that failure is not an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.