What's new

GVN Summer Jam August 14th and 15th Philadelphia PA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Taken from http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=238073

GVN Summer Jam 4 in Philly 8-14/8-15, Sf4-T6-MB- and more, Over $2000 in prizes/CASH

Yo players whats up me(BigE and Hubbs) will be teaming up again to bring you GVN Summer Jam 4.

Summer Jam 4 t-shirts will be on sale for $8.00 help us out.

Saturday Aug 14 2010--Sunday Aug 15 2010

Door registration starts at 9am. All game starting times will be announced shortly.
----------------------------------
Venue fee will be $20.00
----------------------------------
Sheraton Hotel
4101A Island Avenue,
Philadelphia, PA 19153
(215) 492-0400

*Located 2 miles from the Philadelphia International Airport

Right of of I95 and 76

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Special prize being paid for by Gamer Doc*

More info coming later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UMK3:

1. Shock - NJ
2. 9.95 - NY
3. Summoning - NJ
4. iloveu - NY
5. AC1984 - PA
6. SweetJohnnyCage - NY
7. LI MAverick - NY/FL
8. DarkRob - NY
9. Comeback Kyle - PA
10. Tim Static - OH
11. Julian - PA
12. DreemerNJ - PA/NJ
13. BlueIX - MA
14. Kona - ?
15. Flare - ?
16. Al Dagood - GA
17. Steve N. - NY
18. JusDave - PA
19. Malevolencia - PA
20. Juggneetto - MA
21. REO - NY
22. MRIGOTBASS - PA
23. Sans Power - ?
24. STORMS - PA
25. DCIGuy - PA
26. Compy - GA
27. Jeron - PA
28. Kazi - ?

MKII: (tentative)

1. Summoning
2. Julian
3. Shock
4. DCIguy
5. Steve N.
6. DreemerNJ
7. Tim Static
8. Comeback Kyle
9. AC1984
10. Compy
11. Jeron
12. Storms

Dark_Rob

Noob
Unfortunately i just reallized the dates for this and I already know my band has a show in Manhatten on August 14th. I could possibly make it for the 2nd day. Maybe I could roll down with Phil since he wont be there the first day either.

Noob
Rob, actually, I will be there both days... this is just before I go away on vacation(I leave on the 16th).... I will be there both days PROVIDING my softball team isn't in playoffs/championships...otherwise it will be saturday only.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I am planning to go to this... shit, afterall it's only like 2 and 1/2 hrs away from me. Plus, it'd be kickass to see everyone again. :top:

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I'll be there 99% (the other 1% is if I'm dead or something like that)
It would be a fucking honor to play you again... and maybe stand a chance this time. ;)

I'm looking to get a pad... and a fightstick later... but, in time.

AC1984

Kaballin!
It will be immense pleasure for me as well...yeah the pad is kinda of little bit cheaper to start with, but the stick is the real thing...or if you want to be mega modest like me, just get a del Kb
hahahahha....

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
i will be trying my very damnest to get there for this.

I'd travel all over the country to support this game.
That would rock, dude. It'd be nice to chill with you again.

I will also be trying my damnest to make it to this... as long as work doesn't create any issues.

Noob
Yeah... what's happening is this:

Rob has a gig on Saturday night, so he can't be there Saturday, and will be too tired to drive on Sunday.
Phil is leaving for his yearly Bahamas trip(woo-hoo!) on Monday the 16th, so he will be packing and doing all pre-trip stuff on Saturday.
Sunday morning, Phil and Rob will make the trip to play UMK3 at Summer Jam.

LOL

Dark_Rob

Noob
Yeah... what's happening is this:

Rob has a gig on Saturday night, so he can't be there Saturday, and will be too tired to drive on Sunday.
Phil is leaving for his yearly Bahamas trip(woo-hoo!) on Monday the 16th, so he will be packing and doing all pre-trip stuff on Saturday.
Sunday morning, Phil and Rob will make the trip to play UMK3 at Summer Jam.

LOL
And all was right in the world. And it was good.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I was going to say "man this is awhile away", but then I realized it's already July. Damn, this year is flying bye!

Noob
Yep, Summer Jam and my trip to the Bahamas are literally around the corner!

We're hoping for a great turnout at SJ too.. I think that we're generating enough hype for UMK3 to make it happen.

SANS POWER

Banned
OJuggernautO said:
Everyone stick to the topic, if you wanna talk about the tournament and hype it up, do so in the tournament thread here: http://mortalkombatempires.com/forum/showthread.php?914-GVN-Summer-Jam-August-14th-and-15th-Philadelphia-PA! -- Good luck to all who enter, just don't let Joe win this time!
Yeah, how is this dude winning? I hear he's a Street Fighter player and he's beating all these UMK3 vets? That's like the Lakers coming through at the end of each Championship finals and smashing the Nets out as an away team too, lol. He's beating you guys at hometurf, at your own game and quite frankly that frustrates me a little. I've been playing this game since I was a kid, MKT was the first game I ever rented and that's what turned me on to video games. Hopefully I get a chance to play him early on so I can eliminate him then, I just hope I get use to the speed of Kailliera by the time the tournament starts!

Yeah, thanks for pointing that out Juggs. This guy who I just recently learned is a Street Fighter player is coming over and winning all these tournaments. It's like the Lakers coming to Jersey and beating the Nets at all the Championship finals every year, he's beating you guys at hometurf, at you're own game. I'm going to try my hardest to make sure I don't see his name in first place this year, I don't care if he's in the loser's finalist.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah, how is this dude winning? I hear he's a Street Fighter player and he's beating all these UMK3 vets? That's like the Lakers coming through at the end of each Championship finals and smashing the Nets out as an away team too, lol. He's beating you guys at hometurf, at your own game and quite frankly that frustrates me a little. I've been playing this game since I was a kid, MKT was the first game I ever rented and that's what turned me on to video games. Hopefully I get a chance to play him early on so I can eliminate him then, I just hope I get use to the speed of Kailliera by the time the tournament starts!
Tournament experience plus good mind games I suppose. Not being affected by the crowd or pressured in a close match is what makes Joe so good. At least from what I've been told and witnessed. Plus all you have to do is mess up twice against Human Smoke and it's done. It frustrates me too when he wins, that's why I want someone to take the crown this time.

SANS POWER

Banned
Tournament experience plus good mind games I suppose. Not being affected by the crowd or pressured in a close match is what makes Joe so good. At least from what I've been told and witnessed. Plus all you have to do is mess up twice against Human Smoke and it's done. It frustrates me too when he wins, that's why I want someone to take the crown this time.
If it comes down to me and him at the end, I assure you I will beat him. I've watched all his videos, he's not going to be a threat for me, the problem is people play Kabal vs Human Smoke against him. Kabal isn't that great of a match up, especially up against Human Smoke, I'll have a surprise for him if we get a chance to play.

Joe, I'm calling you out my man.

SANS POWER

Banned
I know online doesn't count for much, but when I get a chance to play people with a perfect connection that is identical to offline play I'm at 100%. My confidence is is so past great, I almost feel untouchable and also Kaillera feels faster than UMK3 on XBL, so that makes it even better :)

I'm just sick of seeing this guy's name at first place, I hope he brings his A game and pulls every mind game he can out of his pockets. I'm going to flame-bait him into a loss and bring the UMK3 trophy back on the home court.

Noob
Joe is a good player, a VERY good player. He's very hard to bait, he has sick reflexes and beat people to the popup easily 80-90% of the time. He adjusts on the fly very well, better than almost anyone I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.