What's new

General/Other - Kobu Jutsu Guys I think Tanya is still good

Dragons Rule!!!

"I enjoy these encounters."
I don't think she's dead unless kobu mains REALLY depended on the armored rekka and the EX tonfa toss. Other than that she's still still good imo. I'm actually curious to see how many kobu mainers will switch to Bo Rai Cho for the b1 or Alien for the rekka. :pAnyway, Draginata got a little damage buff! YAY!!!! :D And pyro.......can't wait to have a zoning battle with leatherface. FIREBALLS VS CHAINSAWS!!!!:rolleyes:

Welcome to not having safe armored wakeups, Kobu friends! Now you'll have to commit to the super punishable 50/50 like the rest of us.

The damage buff for Dragon Naginata doesn't matter much since her damage was high anyway and what she really needed was a little more safety on her footsie tools. This is just a luxury buff that doesn't really address the problems she has.

As for Pyro, I seriously hope that the buff allows her to establish a fullscreen game again. This variation was neutered, it's about time they show it a little love.

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
If they didn't talk about all the changes and B1's first hit is actually a high, she's gonna have some new problems for sure. From what they announced though, she's fine. Taken down a notch but fine. The other tanya variations definitely lack a solid mid though which is where Kobu's B1 comes into play, it really doesn't even matter about the overhead part imo because its easily fuzzied by everyone, but if she loses that mid, ouch.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Ever since the stream earlier today, I've been seeing people everyone is saying "Tanya is dead...blah". But why tho? From my understanding, she only got some simple nerfs, nothing too damaging.

Yes I know she lost ex rekka, but she still has TWO armored reversals that she can still use. Not to mention, her reversal game is a 50/50, with one of the options being a launcher. Isn't that just as good? It's not safe like ex rekka but it being a 50/50 makes up for it, does it not? It's still something the opponent has to be wary about when upclose against her.

B1 being slower doesn't mean much. It's still a mid/OH that sets up the same rekka mindgame. It just can't be machine gunned anymore.

Ex tonfa toss being neutral just means she has to use it to set up a mindgame instead of using it braindead-like. Throw it out and either continue the pressure or wait for the opponent to do something and counter it (if you can).

The universal chip damage/meter gain nerf hurts but Tanya was never really about damage in the first place. She's a pure rushdown character and DAMAGE ADDS UP.

Idk, it just seems like you have to think with Tanya now, that's it. I could be wrong tho. We'll see March 1st.
I was told its the worst 50/50 in the game. Still a 50/50. On wakeup/end of strings, chip outs, and the meta overall. But what do I know...you can TOTALLY FUZZY both options. Hahaha...not.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
What's interesting on the stream is that they said they would like to see her other variations be played, so it really makes me wonder what they fully did to kobu that they didn't talk about.

Someone here did say that they have inside info, and that her b1 was changed to a high-overhead. Everything else they said about her ex rekkas losing armor and ex Tonfa toss being neutral was on point, so keep in mind if this is true, folks can easily duck or poke on a read / reaction.

Since they only talked about her changes minimally, I'd wait until patch notes to really see what's changed and then discuss the character in more detail.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Annnnndddddd...

We look at ronin, DF and A-List.
Let the downplaying/upplaying, BEGIN!

Everything with ronin can be armored thru or backdashed now, especially with the changes to his blade kall. Also his overhead low string is a bit slower now, so there's that. Ronin doesn't force you to respect it, it's just hard not to.

A list and DF doesn't matter though. They made you block a normal so OBVIOUSLY they deserve loopable pressure that jails.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
I only ever played Pyro and stopped because the nerfs made her not fun anymore so hopefully the buff gets me playing her again. Fuck Kobu though glad it got nerfed

I don't think she's dead unless kobu mains REALLY depended on the armored rekka and the EX tonfa toss. Other than that she's still still good imo. I'm actually curious to see how many kobu mainers will switch to Bo Rai Cho for the b1 or Alien for the rekka. :pAnyway, Draginata got a little damage buff! YAY!!!! :D And pyro.......can't wait to have a zoning battle with leatherface. FIREBALLS VS CHAINSAWS!!!!:rolleyes:
Kobu should've gotten a damage buff. Pyromancer should've gotten extra fireball strings for better damage and variety+mixups.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
@xKhaoTik don't ever come up in my Tanya Forums talking about my character ever again.

Also all Tanya players should go to Alien or Bo Rai Cho
Well since you rely on b1 and rekka to win, then yea, all of yall can flock. We'll stay right here since we know how to think
Shut up Ray you don't even play the game anymore. Go back to playing Destiny like you always do
No because warframe

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I'm not a mad fan about the EX Tonfa nerf either. At high level, given some time that move should be getting blown up the majority of the time.
There are characters in certain situations that can't blow it up. That nerf seemed to me to be a nerf to her overall corner pressure.

Dragons Rule!!!

"I enjoy these encounters."
Kobu should've gotten a damage buff. Pyromancer should've gotten extra fireball strings for better damage and variety+mixups.[/QUOTE

YES! Being a Draginata mainer pays off in the damage department! :p Haha kobu! We're better! And yes It would be nice to have extra fire strings in pyro. At the least add one more Netherrealm.

Cameronwinss

Hay gurl hay
Well since you rely on b1 and rekka to win, then yea, all of yall can flock. We'll stay right here since we know how to think

No because warframe
I hate my life now. Thanks, I hope you know that you were my favorite player turned online warrior. I really liked you :(

Ever since the stream earlier today, I've been seeing people everyone is saying "Tanya is dead...blah". But why tho? From my understanding, she only got some simple nerfs, nothing too damaging.

Yes I know she lost ex rekka, but she still has TWO armored reversals that she can still use. Not to mention, her reversal game is a 50/50, with one of the options being a launcher. Isn't that just as good? It's not safe like ex rekka but it being a 50/50 makes up for it, does it not? It's still something the opponent has to be wary about when upclose against her.

B1 being slower doesn't mean much. It's still a mid/OH that sets up the same rekka mindgame. It just can't be machine gunned anymore.

Ex tonfa toss being neutral just means she has to use it to set up a mindgame instead of using it braindead-like. Throw it out and either continue the pressure or wait for the opponent to do something and counter it (if you can).

The universal chip damage/meter gain nerf hurts but Tanya was never really about damage in the first place. She's a pure rushdown character and DAMAGE ADDS UP.

Idk, it just seems like you have to think with Tanya now, that's it. I could be wrong tho. We'll see March 1st.
Totally agree on all points and just think it's butt hurt people with nothing better to say other than bad mouth the character some more.

B1 is 11 frames now iirc? That means whenever she's in a +2 situation (ie Telecancels), any <9 frame normal will beat it, while some characters could already jump out (Kung Lao) or low-poke (Liu Kang) 100% safely. I think it's a fair nerf, but it should've come with a 1-2 frame extra advantage buff on tele-cancels.

50/50 armored is meh.. You can neutral or backjump all of her wake-up options and punish from there.

Tonfa toss being 0 means if your opponent can't do the punish tech they'll have a guaranteed option to get out of a situation you just wasted a bar on, I know I'll never use this ever again (I'd rather just full non-delay rekka into last EX rekka, which is gonna make her look even more one-dimensional), best alternative is to EX Teleport on block, which has counter options out the ass.

Her armor breaking potential is close to none, she could break with b1 (which takes around... 15-17 frames?) as much as any other character.
EX Rekka is only used to break armor if she's capable of trading (think on an armored read, or during Quan's Dark Curse), she can't trade without armor. The smarter approach would have been to make her armored Rekkas and the ones after that more minus, instead it's nerfed to input-error status.

Movement and mobility is ok... no invincibility on her teleports so she's at risk closing gaps or general air-game, having f2 to whiff punish is nice but then again, it's baited the same way you bait her armor. She may be controlling the space but that doesn't mean she's strong everywhere.

Also man, braindead crazy stupidly godlike? Sounds like someone's holding a gun to your head.
She's definitely not a top 3 pressure character, definitely not top 10 either, exclusively pre-KP2 netcode and on release she was.

edit: it's good offense is being toned down, I simply would've preferred if it was applied to other variations as well, it's like the skilled players are getting punished for playing their character well while the lesser skilled player gets rewarded when they can't get the best results in tournaments
Honestly I can't reply in big paragraphs anymore.
Only thing I will say I when I said stupid crazy godlike. I was referring to her day one.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
EX rekka couls maybe br used for armor breaking purposes. You could argue B1 already does that, but EX rekka seems a bit faster in that regard.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
EX rekka couls maybe br used for armor breaking purposes. You could argue B1 already does that, but EX rekka seems a bit faster in that regard.
Nah, no reason to waste a bar for armor breaking when you can do b2 to armor break for a full combo.

The only use EX rekkas have now is to do more chip. However since chip damage overall has been reduced it will actually be pretty useful to spend a bar for more chip. Its definitely not useless.

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
Lol the fact that people thought she could only break armor with b1...

#b2boyz
b2 is alright, I guess.. besides risking getting poked or not getting a conversion from jumpouts, the first hit whiffs on many armored moves (from a wake up), I dunno about neutral, I'll admit I barely use it but that's because I don't think it's reliable, has horrible whiff recovery and is very unsafe on block or telecancel. You could think "why don't you just go into rekka's after b2?", well if I'm expecting an armored move I don't want to be going into anti-rekka armor-OS heaven.

Nah, no reason to waste a bar for armor breaking when you can do b2 to armor break for a full combo.

The only use EX rekkas have now is to do more chip. However since chip damage overall has been reduced it will actually be pretty useful to spend a bar for more chip. Its definitely not useless.
... That's pretty useless. Last EX rekka also does more chip..
I know the second Rekka also hits twice so that could be like a 3% chip damage difference, which is only useful if it's going to chip the opponent out, for all other situations you want the safer end on last EX Rekka.