What's new

General/Other - Kobu Jutsu Guys I think Tanya is still good

Dragons Rule!!!

"I enjoy these encounters."
It kind of sucks that everyone hates Tanya just because of kobu jutsu..... I get hate online sometimes even though I don't pick kobu:( lol although I do remember one guy told me finally a Tanya player with skill (due to me use Dragon Naginata) :p. So now I wonder, will she still be hated as a character? Or will it just be Kobu jutsu that is hated?

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Isn't the ex tonfa toss block advantage dependant on distance? I mean currently it is listed +1 in game, but it's actually at least +9 when opponents block the 2nd hit point blank

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
It kind of sucks that everyone hates Tanya just because of kobu jutsu..... I get hate online sometimes even though I don't pick kobu:( lol although I do remember one guy told me finally a Tanya player with skill (due to me use Dragon Naginata) :p. So now I wonder, will she still be hated as a character? Or will it just be Kobu jutsu that is hated?
Folks hate Tanya because it's Tanya, and that kobu is pretty brain dead. The only person who really uses her in a correct way is Dab.

Dragon Naginata is a fun variation, and watching fox use that variation is interesting because he keeps a lot of good pressure with the pogo and teleports. I want to work on that variation more because it requires more patience, space control and footsies.

A friend told me he likes my DN even though it was only after a few hours of practice, but I'm not sure if he was serious lol.

Dragons Rule!!!

"I enjoy these encounters."
Folks hate Tanya because it's Tanya, and that kobu is pretty brain dead. The only person who really uses her in a correct way is Dab.

Dragon Naginata is a fun variation, and watching fox use that variation is interesting because he keeps a lot of good pressure with the pogo and teleports. I want to work on that variation more because it requires more patience, space control and footsies.

A friend told me he likes my DN even though it was only after a few hours of practice, but I'm not sure if he was serious lol.

OMG YES! Draginata does require patience but that's why I use it. I think it's one of the few variations in the game that really requires patience and good space control. And the disjointed hitbox/hurt box on staff stance!:eek::D That comes in handy a lot.

One thing I don't understand is when people say she's brain dead in kobu. What do they mean? I get that a lot of people use b1 out the ass, but how exactly is she brain dead?

SoV N3RO

G.O.A.T Robin
I really don't want Tanya to be good lol.
Tanya is honestly one of the most boring characters to watch on stream, so her getting nerfed will hopefully cut down the amount of Tanya's online.
She's still gonna be hella good I think personally, but at the same time I really dislike the character and would rather see others used in tournaments; plus she's crazy OP atm so a nerf is well needed.
No more Tanya's dominating tourneys plz <333

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
Tanya is honestly one of the most boring characters to watch on stream, so her getting nerfed will hopefully cut down the amount of Tanya's online.
She's still gonna be hella good I think personally, but at the same time I really dislike the character and would rather see others used in tournaments; plus she's crazy OP atm so a nerf is well needed.
you find dragon naginiata dull to watch?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The thing about Tanya...the problematic shit, IMO, wasn't even fixed other than EX rekka nerf.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
People complaining about Dragon Nagiretardedata, the variation that has 3/4 screen normals and stupid annoying OH/low pogo divekick weird shit.
Yeah, it's obvious that she was designed to be annoying and just retaded.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
I'm wondering if they are gonna take out the ability to get rid of the recovery frames after the air teleports with a special.

I feel like that's something they glossed over but will be in the patch notes.

I LOVE TANYA!!! As a character and gameplay wise. Believe it or not, I find Kobu Jutsu fun to watch.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Someone in front of a game tell me what the startup, recovery, and block frames are for the regular MKX Pyro Tanya please.