What's new

Grodd is broke. The relationship between Stampede Cancel and 22.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
Whatever happens, I seriously hope they don't decrease the execution barrier. If you want an easier character, there are plenty available. NRS needs to give execution players a character option.

That said, I would only change his gaps. No other buffs till 2018.
You prefer a character that requires mechanical skill that 99.9% of people are incapable of just to make his frame data not/less shit? Alienating 99.9% of people from picking a character is just bad design.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
Hail to the crippled king of the apes. Will the next patches make you stronger than anyone else.

@trollls Go troll in the top tier forum.

Tweedy

Noob
CAREFUL the ppl who can do them once or twice mid match will crucify you.
Plus i'll get responses like "Liu Kang 27 instant air fireball combos were harder", but i'm really just talking about necessary stuff. There are Superman combos that are crazy hard if you really dig, but you never need to do those. Stampede cancels are a basic tool of Grodd's.

Plus i'll get responses like "Liu Kang 27 instant air fireball combos were harder", but i'm really just talking about necessary stuff. There are Superman combos that are crazy hard if you really dig, but you never need to do those. Stampede cancels are a basic tool of Grodd's.
And the 2 strings he uses them in have gaps that can be exploited by ppl who actually do the work like name stated in OP

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I gave up on Grodd. Like I am playing WW right now so its not like im jumping up the tier list or anything but stampede cancel is just the icing on the cake. He's a short range big bodied character where everything has gaps and is unsafe on block. Stampede cancel I put real time into and I can do all the run cancel shit in mkx near flawlessly and I just can't make it reliable in Inj2. I can do it about 75% of the time and that simply isn't good enough considering how insane the reward is (I can't get punished off my only real attack string) and considering I have put some hours into it now.

Grodd I hope you are reborn into a true ape whenever we have a balance patch, but for now its just too much I played T.hawk in sf4 since he came out in SSF4 and he's always been some level of trash, and even this is too awful and grody for me to play.

I gave up on Grodd. Like I am playing WW right now so its not like im jumping up the tier list or anything but stampede cancel is just the icing on the cake. He's a short range big bodied character where everything has gaps and is unsafe on block. Stampede cancel I put real time into and I can do all the run cancel shit in mkx near flawlessly and I just can't make it reliable in Inj2. I can do it about 75% of the time and that simply isn't good enough considering how insane the reward is (I can't get punished off my only real attack string) and considering I have put some hours into it now.

Grodd I hope you are reborn into a true ape whenever we have a balance patch, but for now its just too much I played T.hawk in sf4 since he came out in SSF4 and he's always been some level of trash, and even this is too awful and grody for me to play.
Dont leave us :( but the reasons are understandable.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Dont leave us :( but the reasons are understandable.
As it stands with Grodd the better i got with him, the worse and less fun he got which is the exact opposite of how it should be.

In his current incarnation, I just have no fun with him and then let alone his matchups against the actual good characters being bad(batman) to a nightmare(aquaman).

Need some of that NRS patch magic!!!!!!!!!!!

As it stands with Grodd the better i got with him, the worse and less fun he got which is the exact opposite of how it should be.

In his current incarnation, I just have no fun with him and then let alone his matchups against the actual good characters being bad(batman) to a nightmare(aquaman).

Need some of that NRS patch magic!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate asking for changes so early but I agree they need to look at some of the decisions they made on the character.

TheRealOnlyGoonie

Hey You Guys
LOL IM CONFUSED MAYBE IM NOT DOIN THE CANCEL RIGHT. ITS JUST STRING INTO BF3 FF OR BB. WHATS SO HARD ABOUT THAT? DO PEOPLE THINK THIS IS HARD???

LOL IM CONFUSED MAYBE IM NOT DOIN THE CANCEL RIGHT. ITS JUST STRING INTO BF3 FF OR BB. WHATS SO HARD ABOUT THAT? DO PEOPLE THINK THIS IS HARD???
lol you not read OP or anything stated above ? pretty sure thats why no else besides me has bothered answering you cause you are obviously speaking without knowing anything we are talking about. Pretty sure no one in this thread cares for your nonsense either so just go somewhere else with it lol later.

TheRealOnlyGoonie

Hey You Guys
lol you not read OP or anything stated above ? pretty sure thats why no else besides me has bothered answering you cause you are obviously speaking without knowing anything we are talking about. Pretty sure no one in this thread cares for your nonsense either so just go somewhere else with it lol later.
THESE CANCELS ARE EASY BUDDY. TIME TO GET THAT EXECUTION UP!!!!

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
Okay, now that I'm logged back into my correct account, lol.

You prefer a character that requires mechanical skill that 99.9% of people are incapable of just to make his frame data not/less shit? Alienating 99.9% of people from picking a character is just bad design.
A few things to say here, but let's start with the philosophical disagreement. If you think this element (not the character as a whole; just the cancels) is bad game design, then by extension, you're saying high execution is bad game design. I disagree. Fighting games are about advanced decision making combined with dexterity and reactions. If you minimize dexterity, you diminish their value. People are saying "but it's one of his basic tools!", but I don't necessarily buy that. To me, it seems more likely that NRS did not intend the character to be used this way. Regardless, it doesn't change my mind.

Execution is too important to phase out. No one would care about Chris G's one-frame links with Sakura if they were easy. No one would care about Jewel Man doing Honda's piano inputs into a one-frame normal canceled into MORE piano inputs if it were easy. Imagine if Capcom changed Magneto's inputs because people struggled with the Rom Combo.

To me, execution isn't about game design. It's about glory and hype. I don't want NRS to patch anything yet, but if they do, making stuff easier is not the solution, IMO. But never mind the solution for now. Let's talk about the problem.

requires mechanical skill that 99.9% of people are incapable of.
I don't think this has anything to do with capability. I don't want to sound like an jerk (honestly, I don't; I get where everyone's coming from), but based off what I'm reading in this thread, it sounds more to me that people just don't want to put in the time. I get that this stuff isn't easy, but we're only on the second month of the game, and great players have shown that these cancels can be done with consistency. Also, regarding a previous comment...

(omegak is) the exception, not the rule.
That's the point of fighting games. The goal is to BECOME the exception and set yourself apart. That's why I play fighters. If you do something cool, it's all you. YOU did it. It's not some stat you raised, it's not some item you grinded out for. It's just YOU. If any dude-bro could just pick these games up and do cancel pressure, then you rob what makes these games special.

Dont think anyone gets the argument lmfao THE CANCELS ARE NOT THE POINT the point is what we are using during the cancels lmao go into the lab with his go to strings and tell me they are fine.

Quit trolling this poor, beaten up community guy, these poor souls have been through enough.
#nobanana
After tonight convinced no one listens and everyone is ready to just pull the trigger on the bm LOL Kinda regretting leaving the grodd discord to support TYM more after this nonsense.

A good portion of the OP was about the fact that the cancels are too difficult, in fact he clearly stated that the cancel window should be enlarged. So yes, cancels are clearly part of the point.
I might end up smashing my head against a wall lmfao What he wants is a fair trade for the bullshit we are upset about the gaps in all his strings there is no justifying the difficulty of the SC when every string he would use them for can be exploited severely pretty sure if we got the gaps in 2 go to strings removed no one would give a shit about the SC difficulty and just level up.

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
I might end up smashing my head against a wall lmfao What he wants is a fair trade for the bullshit we are upset about the gaps in all his strings there is no justifying the difficulty of the SC when every string he would use them for can be exploited severely pretty sure if we got the gaps in 2 go to strings removed no one would give a shit about the SC difficulty and just level up.
You can keep Grodd a high execution character, but not so hard that the majority of people cant do it.