What's new

Video/Tutorial Green Lantern's OTG Reset with Standing 2 (negates Wake-Ups)

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
LoL nah man we are all apart of the core! everyone continues to contribute which is why I've come back to just the GL forums. I avoid the rest of them and there squabbles.

AK Pig Of The Hut

KT Smith

Kyle Rayner
So I have a question, have you figured out the exact timing for the reset? or a tip that would make it easy for first timers to do it cause you look like you have already mastered it, I mean I myself can only do it about 7-10 times.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
The best advise I can give is having the visual of the character landing being your guide to doing it. With the dash under 3 things can happen.

1) You continue the combo with a standing 22 and then they fall out of it.

2) You stuff the wake up and get your pressure or full combo punish for them pushing buttons.

3) They wake up and stop your offense all together.

I just look at the bounce animation as I dash under and as they are about a inch or so off the ground I end up pressing the 22 follow up.

Ashenar

I will say this the best way to get this to come out even more consistent is still to practice it along with the other 2 options after the MBLM.

Endeavor

I will say this the best way to get this to come out even more consistent is still to practice it along with the other 2 options after the MBLM.
Yea that what I thought too, I usually try to time it as their hands are about to touch the ground. I was hoping that there might be an easier way to do it, like waiting for GL's shoulders to stop moving after the dash, however that seems rather inconstant. That reset is really hard to do on DD and LL cause they are so large that their hands are already in the ground where as most characters are not.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I mean not to be a party pooper but why is everyone reacting so strongly to this?

a.) Hasn't it been known for a long time? I've seen toooons of players online and offline do this. We've discussed it on these very forums before too.

b.) Why would you use 22 over B1? It catches them blocking high and puts the fear of the low into them which opens them up for F3. The timing to stuff wakeups is also way easier.

Endeavor

I mean not to be a party pooper but why is everyone reacting so strongly to this?

a.) Hasn't it been known for a long time? I've seen toooons of players online and offline do this. We've discussed it on these very forums before too.

b.) Why would you use 22 over B1? It catches them blocking high and puts the fear of the low into them which opens them up for F3. The timing to stuff wakeups is also way easier.
I have not seen anyone besides myself do this online, but it is good to know that you can do it consistently online, Ashenar tell me if you are able to do this online consistently please. As far as the b1, I disagree simply because when I was learning about b1 still stuffing wake ups after the last patch learning the timing off of the dash under was hell. But doing it off of s2 seems way easier at least imo but to each his own.

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
Anyone saying all this should be taken away from GL is wrong. Besides, you need a bar of meter to even do it, that is fair. I think we should be more concerned about characters like Batgirl where you have tons of vortex resets that do not use ANY meter.

Ashenar

I would say whatever you feel the most comfortable with is what you guys should go with. The presentation of this technology at the end of the day ends up opening up the F3 part of the cross under reset. I believe 22 might be a little easier online but I haven't tested that out just yet. I've been able to also stuff wake up's with b1 as well but the oki isn't as strong as it was back pre patch. It is still very viable. At the end of it all both options need to be practiced to achieve a high success rate in using them both.

Ashenar

I think the same thing that is said about Bison in street fighter in some ways can be applied to Green Lantern in this game. If you do not understand the character and the game and just want to press buttons you'll be hating lantern. If you understand the game and the character then it becomes a way more manageable situation.

Endeavor

I would say whatever you feel the most comfortable with is what you guys should go with. The presentation of this technology at the end of the day ends up opening up the F3 part of the cross under reset. I believe 22 might be a little easier online but I haven't tested that out just yet. I've been able to also stuff wake up's with b1 as well but the oki isn't as strong as it was back pre patch. It is still very viable. At the end of it all both options need to be practiced to achieve a high success rate in using them both.
Agreed, and as I said, please let me know how your success of doing this online goes please.

CheapEddie

I HAVE A FACE NOW!
No offence, Kyle, but this will only be viable if use it as mixup attempt. 223 will always be blocked. Btw, i like Pig`s idea to use b3, sometimes, free +7 might be useful.

Endeavor

No offence, Kyle, but this will only be viable if use it as mixup attempt. 223 will always be blocked.
Ok and that is the point, you lose nothing by them blocking considering that you can do something stupid like 223 watch it get blocked and go into close rockets for a frame trap. the whole idea behind this is to mix up and make the opponent think twice before pressing buttons the more they block 223 the better for you.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Anyone saying all this should be taken away from GL is wrong. Besides, you need a bar of meter to even do it, that is fair. I think we should be more concerned about characters like Batgirl where you have tons of vortex resets that do not use ANY meter.
The issue with that comparison is Batgirl has to sacrifice damage to keep mixing you up. GL could do arguably more damage especially off a F3.

Ashenar

The issue with that comparison is Batgirl has to sacrifice damage to keep mixing you up. GL could do arguably more damage especially off a F3.

I'll gladly trade some damage for a 100% 50/50 with out worrying about wake ups. I am pretty good at guessing.

Endeavor

I'll gladly trade some damage for a 100% 50/50 with out worrying about wake ups. I am pretty good at guessing.
Agreed, please by all means, let me have subzero damage in this game but get a guaranteed, safe, meter-less 50/50 all the time that reset the opponent standing so i dont have to care about wake ups. Ill gladly take it with open arms.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Are u still not talking to me