What's new

Video/Tutorial Green Lantern's OTG Reset with Standing 2 (negates Wake-Ups)

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Before anything else, I cannot take any credit for this concept. Kyle Rayner asked me to share this with the Green Lantern community on his behalf, as he has no recording equipment to use at the time. He is also not claiming to be the founder of this tech, he simply wishes to bring this out into the open for some discussion.​
I use annotations in the video itself to provide the explanation on this OTG with Green Lantern, but just in case people prefer to read up on the details first, I will do my best to lay them out.​
When you perform an EX Lantern's Might during a combo (db1 + Meter-Burn), you can opt to dash forward and, just as the target falls face-first to the ground, use his standing 2 to bring the opponent right back to their feet at precisely the correct frame, and then continue with the rest of his 2 2 3 string. If done correctly, your opponent will be attacked or blocking as if they are standing on the ground once again. Depending on the outcome, you can hit-confirm into Lantern's Might (no need to use a bar if your trait is active; otherwise, use EX Lantern's Might again) or go into his Minigun for guaranteed block damage and meter-building while returning to your neutral game.​
I have asked Kyle and he confirmed to me that this OTG cannot be negated by a Wake-Up attack if this is performed at the right frame. Any attempts to do so will be stuffed and it's another combo for you. They will have no choice but to block and wait for your offense to end.​
Kyle uses online practice mode to demonstrate this concept, but trust me when I say, you will have a far easier time nailing this offline. In my opinion, it's got its uses, but I am no Green Lantern player myself so I don't really have the experience to testify to this. Any questions or comments you have on this set-up should be directed towards Kyle.​
With that, I leave the discussion up to the wearers of the green power ring. Enjoy yourselves!​
@Kyle Rayner - if I got any parts of this explanation wrong, please notify me ASAP and I will fix the errors.​

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Fuck me.....more bad news for the GL vs aquaman matchup.
Thanks alot! Getting zoned out with 3/4 screen air darts was bad enough.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Again do NOT bother doing this online, I have been working with it for a while and online makes that reset nearly impossible to do, due to online's natural lag. Unless someone can share a trick to make it more consistent. AK Pig Of The Hut, yea b1 and b3 also otg, thought the timing on the the dash under for the otg is a bitch and a half to master it can be done, I have been asking Wafflez the smoke master to see if he could learn the timing and share his tips however thus far it I have not heard back from him.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
As far as GLs resets is concerned they are not particularly easy, and do require practice now since the universal buff to wake ups. Not to mention that the reset is HIGHLY impractical, so you will not see a lot of GLs doing it due to the fact that it's also very risky if done wrong.

Mt Mutombo

Banned
The last hit of b2 3, the mace thing also negates wakeups, it's inconsistent as fuck but i have managed to pull it off in some matches.

But this seems hella good man, good shit.

Mt Mutombo

Banned
Fuck me.....more bad news for the GL vs aquaman matchup.
Thanks alot! Getting zoned out with 3/4 screen air darts was bad enough.
How the hell does that happen? You have the trident throw that AAs him and you got quick ass FTD. I play both these characters and neither of em outzones each other, you're doing something wrong or online lag isn't helping you.

But in all fairness i think it's the latter;)

Grave__Intent

Death's Trusty Side-Kick!
Are you sure they can't just sleight delay D2 you on wake-up?

It seems to me that in messing with the cpu's auto correct facing function you can totaly break the game if this is the case.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
How the hell does that happen? You have the trident throw that AAs him and you got quick ass FTD. I play both these characters and neither of em outzones each other, you're doing something wrong or online lag isn't helping you.

But in all fairness i think it's the latter;)
Actually at 3/4 screen air darts you can only trade or take a risk and dash up.
Its not terrible just annoying to deal with because of all his other tools. Ground tridents dont hit gl if he throws the darts with proper timing 3/4 out.