What's new

Video/Tutorial Green Lantern's OTG Reset with Standing 2 (negates Wake-Ups)

Marvaz

come at me
Omg no way! Lol

for the millionth time ANYTHING gl does after mb lift OTGs opponent. ... do ppl not read? Yes that includes ANYTHING gl does if timed right. Jeez...

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Omg no way! Lol

for the millionth time ANYTHING gl does after mb lift OTGs opponent. ... do ppl not read? Yes that includes ANYTHING gl does if timed right. Jeez...

No a lot of people don't read every page of every thread specially new players that are overwhelmed with information, yes you are a douchebag.

No a lot of people don't read every page of every thread specially new players that are overwhelmed with information, yes you are a douchebag.
It's in the OP of Chance's thread and my BnB thread. Something like that is worth updating the OP for so people don't have to read entire threads.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
It's in the OP of Chance's thread and my BnB thread. Something like that is worth updating the OP for so people don't have to read entire threads.

I know it is I've read every single thread about this character, doesn't mean others will though.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
The bnbs& strategies thread is long I'm still looking for the turbine mix ups that panther recommended.

The bnbs& strategies thread is long I'm still looking for the turbine mix ups that panther recommended.
Thread is fixed. You should be able to find it now.

Turns out I put a backslash instead of a slash in the spoiler code so about half of the OP was under the "Off of JI3" spoiler lol.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
it may just be me screwing it up but i cant for the life of me get the timing of this reset down, i tried practicing against cpu with wake ups on (doomsday and batgirl) and couldnt get either one

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
I'm gonna get flamed hard for this but I personally think these resets are purely a waste of meter considering this character LIVES by his meter.

Endeavor

it may just be me screwing it up but i cant for the life of me get the timing of this reset down, i tried practicing against cpu with wake ups on (doomsday and batgirl) and couldnt get either one
Its just something your going to have to get use to, the best advice I can give is watch their hands on the way down. Just as their hands are about to touch the ground do the s2.

Endeavor

I'm gonna get flamed hard for this but I personally think these resets are purely a waste of meter considering this character LIVES by his meter.
To and extent I agree but the whole Idea of this reset is to scare the opponent and make them afraid to wake up. That and it makes it so that when your in match up where GL has to rush down he can keep his pressure while also mixing up for potential big damaging combos. That and you also have to take into account that this isnt Mk you are awarded meter for everything, that and the resets arent for all the time, just sometime.

Fred Marvel

Its just something your going to have to get use to, the best advice I can give is watch their hands on the way down. Just as their hands are about to touch the ground do the s2.
thanks i saw the video of it and finally got it but the timing sucks haha i wish it was more reliable this would change my matches vs Batgirl players drastically if i could pull if off consistently

Endeavor

thanks i saw the video of it and finally got it but the timing sucks haha i wish it was more reliable this would change my matches vs Batgirl players drastically if i could pull if off consistently
Online its hard to do, offline not as much and when and if you master it, it will come in handy, and its mostly used for sometimes, not all the time. Against batgirl you have to make reads and play patient, you have to bait out a teleport.

Can this be done on training mode dummy's, or do I have to get a friend to keep spamming wakeups. I ask this because I want to practice it more, but they get more invincibility frames for the dash under 2

Fred Marvel

Online its hard to do, offline not as much and when and if you master it, it will come in handy, and its mostly used for sometimes, not all the time. Against batgirl you have to make reads and play patient, you have to bait out a teleport.
ill practice it more, so far ive only gotten it to work against wonder woman's wakeups. Batgirl players just back up fullscreen and batarang x bola they only teleport if i jump...well most, the ones that just throw the teleport out i make short work of

Endeavor

Can this be done on training mode dummy's, or do I have to get a friend to keep spamming wakeups. I ask this because I want to practice it more, but they get more invincibility frames for the dash under 2
This can indeed be done on the training dummy, that how I found it out. It legitimately stuff every wake up as long as you learn the timing for it.

Endeavor

ill practice it more, so far ive only gotten it to work against wonder woman's wakeups. Batgirl players just back up fullscreen and batarang x bola they only teleport if i jump...well most, the ones that just throw the teleport out i make short work of
Its a hard match up if your playing someone who knows what they are doing, personally I would look at the GL match up discussion thread, they talk a lot about that MU.