What's new

General/Other Green Lantern Patch Notes 9/24/13

I used the OTG on wakeup happy players that would always wakeup in fear of the J3 set-up (considering they have a good wakeup)
It was a nice option to have in Lantern's Might oki, but oh well. Just gotta come up with something else I guess.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
PLEASE TELL ME IM WRONG OR THIS IS SOME KIND OF MISTAKE
i just woke up downloaded the damn patch started practicing with GL and noticed that they DID take out the lanterns might reset so the dash under f3 reset and dash under b1 both now whiff because the 2 frames to OTG are gone.....please someone else test this ill post a video if i can i really hope im wrong though so pls someone else test this if it stands im definitely dropping GL (and probably the game too) and he just dropped to top 15 AT BEST.

Fred Marvel

heres a video of the reset whiffing (sorry for sub par quality but there is HD lol) but it can land i guess the timing is just stricter now which sucks for online players like myself, thanks for the nerfs nrs -__- now he is legit not top 10

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
you have to wait until they are flat on the ground like any other moves that don't otg, pls stop the downplaying it's getting lame

JRosa21

Noob
you have to wait until they are flat on the ground like any other moves that don't otg, pls stop the downplaying it's getting lame
that means it's going to be a completely seeable mixup not worth doing ever again. psh downplaying, I'm just gonna go play something else he is not the best in the game as some have been arguing lol

JRosa21

Noob
I'm trying to find new setups with him, but this was a nerf call it like it is. May not BREAK the character but it doesn't help by any means.

Fred Marvel

sorry i was under the impression he was to remain unchanged aside from being able to anti-wakeup but obviously its more than that and the setup just got alot easier to read/block, it doesnt completely destroy GL but it does hurt him that cant be denied. i really dont see why anyone would dare call him top 5 especially after this

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Well if he still had those frames to hit you then he could still otg, everyone knows the mixup that's coming anyway lol they either block high, low, or wake up, you just can't prevent wakeups anymore.

JRosa21

Noob
I got some stuff for you guys I'm going to upload tonight. This nerf doesn't matter for the tech I'm about to unleash.
hey man by all means, I'd love to see it. In my humble opinion though, I'm feeling that lantern meta is going to gravitate more towards zoning now. Couple that with the fact that he gets zoned pretty free, I don't know how this is going to play out.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
you see what I'm talking about right? the way he falls...it's weird.

I kind of see what they did, the whole animation after the final hit of EX lift is slowed by like 50%

give the dash a big delay and you can probably still get an ambiguous dash

ambiguous j1 is still king though, just need to find new timings.

fun fact, this is the exact same type of solution they tried to give to Akuma's forward throw in AE ver.2012 and in the long run it changed nothing.

JRosa21

Noob
I kind of see what they did, the whole animation after the final hit of EX lift is slowed by like 50%

give the dash a big delay and you can probably still get an ambiguous dash

ambiguous j1 is still king though, just need to find new timings.

fun fact, this is the exact same type of solution they tried to give to Akuma's forward throw in AE ver.2012 and in the long run it changed nothing.
yeah that's why I made that other thread that nobody is paying attention to...new vortex setups. Need to find some and share with each other FOR THE CORPS! That or I'm gonna go evil and play sinestro

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
yeah that's why I made that other thread that nobody is paying attention to...new vortex setups. Need to find some and share with each other FOR THE CORPS! That or I'm gonna go evil and play sinestro
no need to jump ship yet lol (even though sinestro is NOICE now)

rewatching the video, GL is doing an IMMEDIATE dash forward and immediate b1/f3 which I never did even in 1.05 because it was too obvious the dash crossed under.

Lets all just chill and adjust timings and I bet that the set ups will be just as effective

Fred Marvel

Well if he still had those frames to hit you then he could still otg, everyone knows the mixup that's coming anyway lol they either block high, low, or wake up, you just can't prevent wakeups anymore.
but now you have to delay the f3 or b1 even more do your opponent can just hold down and if they see the f3 animation press back on reaction and it will still block it i just tred it in practice smh the mixup is useless against any decent player now

JRosa21

Noob
no need to jump ship yet lol (even though sinestro is NOICE now)

rewatching the video, GL is doing an IMMEDIATE dash forward and immediate b1/f3 which I never did even in 1.05 because it was too obvious the dash crossed under.

Lets all just chill and adjust timings and I bet that the set ups will be just as effective
I think that was just an example showing you his fall speed though. I gotta lab it out when I get home from work. I'm so anxious to try stuff lol

OTG means On the Ground. If Green Lantern did a MB Lanterns Might and just lets you land on the ground, he can hit you with a B1 if he catches you mashing anything on your wake up besides block.
NOPE. The B1 does not hit OFF THE GROUND. It's simply a reset.

They removed his ability to hit you with a few moves (st 2 and J2/3 I think) that can hit the opponent before they have a chance to wakeup attack--after a MB Lantern's Might. These moves would force the opponent to stand in the 2 frames of them hitting the ground, forcing the opponent to block when it looks like they'd have a chance to wakeup or get out.

His B1/F3 reset after a MB Lantern's Might has remained the same. It's just a reset that's hard to read.