What's new

General/Other Green Lantern Patch Notes 9/24/13

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Green Lantern

· Removed a 2 frame OTG window after a Meter Burn version of the Lantern’s Might special move.

Discuss.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
why is the GL community so obsessed with a "true" otg?

From what I can tell, the fucked up mix up opportunity after EX Lift remains.
True there's still the jump cross/non crossup and dash cross/non crossup plus baiting wake ups. I think it went well for GL considering other top characters got hit hard. I was hoping they fixed his f2 mid thou but oh well :p

I also agree they should've removed all OTGs though.

Vagrant

Noob
I don't agree on this, If your going to remove a character's otg is only fair to remove every ones otg. Wonder Woman is a happy bitch right now.

I agree. No OTG should be in this game. I really really hope they just forgot to write it in the patch notes that hers is gone.

Looking into it now

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
True there's still the jump cross/non crossup and dash cross/non crossup plus baiting wake ups. I think it went well for GL considering other top characters got hit hard. I was hoping they fixed his f2 mid thou but oh well :p
yea seriously. NRS continues to nerf GL unfavorable match ups while leaving him relatively untouched.

JRosa21

Noob
My point is, if other chars have it why can't GL have it. Not like he's broken or anything. Also removes thinking, you know he's always gonna go high now it's just whether or not he crosses up. I'm kinda bummed.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
why is the GL community so obsessed with a "true" otg?

From what I can tell, the fucked up mix up opportunity after EX Lift remains.
KT they still haven't found that mix up I have no idea what you are talking about.....

Mark G

Noob
Ok what does OTG mean and what will it effect while playing with green lantern? Does it mean you can no longer do the b3 after lanterns might meter burn or what? Someone help me understand what I'm going to be dealing with.

BurdManJR270

Bigg Burd
Ok what does OTG mean and what will it effect while playing with green lantern? Does it mean you can no longer do the b3 after lanterns might meter burn or what? Someone help me understand what I'm going to be dealing with.
OTG means On the Ground. If Green Lantern did a MB Lanterns Might and just lets you land on the ground, he can hit you with a B1 if he catches you mashing anything on your wake up besides block.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
With all the other changes around him, GL isn't really hurt. In fact, he's helped quite a bit.

That MB bounce buff is HUGE. Probably the best system change for him. MB Interactables change hurts, but helps at the same time...possibly helps more. Top tier nerfs, I feel, are a big deal...low tier changes mostly don't really hurt him (though I think Ares's new teleports will be a pretty big deal). The OTG loss is meh...it doesn't really do much to hurt him.

Definitely a candidate for top 5. #KeepOnToeStabbin

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
With all the other changes around him, GL isn't really hurt. In fact, he's helped quite a bit.

That MB bounce buff is HUGE. Probably the best system change for him. MB Interactables change hurts, but helps at the same time...possibly helps more. Top tier nerfs, I feel, are a big deal...low tier changes mostly don't really hurt him (though I think Ares's new teleports will be a pretty big deal). The OTG loss is meh...it doesn't really do much to hurt him.

Definitely a candidate for top 5. #KeepOnToeStabbin
top 5?

Fred Marvel

Man, I've had an epiphany of sorts. There's not much stopping GL from reaching top 5 even now, tbh.
how so?
i mean he is obviously good but Aquaman was damn near untouched, Batman is still there, WW and Batgirl were untouched too. theres also GL's matchups...

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
how so?
i mean he is obviously good but Aquaman was damn near untouched, Batman is still there, WW and Batgirl were untouched too. theres also GL's matchups...
I really think Batman's trait nerf b23 whiff nerf are going to make a huge difference. 9 seconds for a bat instead of 6 is a big deal, no matter how you slice it. Also, the more I think about it, the less I feel he has that many bad matchups. Yeah, WW and Batgirl still remain, as does Aquaman, which is why I'm not pinpointing any further than top 5.

Fred Marvel

I really think Batman's trait nerf b23 whiff nerf are going to make a huge difference. 9 seconds for a bat instead of 6 is a big deal, no matter how you slice it. Also, the more I think about it, the less I feel he has that many bad matchups. Yeah, WW and Batgirl still remain, as does Aquaman, which is why I'm not pinpointing any further than top 5.
i didnt think the b23 one would be huge but the trait nerf will be and will help in the GL Bats matchup too, and GL has some tough MUs, the Superman and Batman ones will be improved but the rest are there still or might have gotten worse, also Martian Manhunter is still around (does heeven have any bad MUs?) and Killer Frost. also among all the "top" characters Green Lantern is the only one who gets bodied by zoning....the ONLY one

JDM

Noob
I don't have trouble in most MUs with lantern except Raven.

Who are generally considered to be the worst MU's with Lantern? Supes/Raven/Cyborg?

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I know we havent played the patch yet,

but i think right now, hes top 5 (well, be a coin toss between him and BG, leaning towards BG, lately)

but after this patch hes def top 5, no.5 atleast

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
most batmans agree that using trait cancel mid combo is usually the way to go now unless they trait up to zone. Shouldn't really change things in terms of bat management. B23 will prevent a lot of batmans from just yolo throwing that out as I believe the whiff portion is what will change, not on block or on hit, but I could have misread that. That will require an adjustment, but not that much if you dont throw those out a lot to begin with. I dont think this changes much for batman. I find GL to be tough to fight anyway, but I dont think the "MU numbers" will change much between the two of them vs each other post patch.