What's new

General/Other Green Lantern Patch Notes 9/24/13

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
at this point, I'm not even gonna go for resets. Just finish the combo unless you're in a corner.
That's totally fine and nothing wrong with that, if OTG is not guaranteed then you can opt to finish the combo and save your bar.

JRosa21

Noob
here's the video, showing the slight delay (ornot?) on b1

awesome. Thanks for this. Just how much are you delaying it you would say..I know it's hard but like...half a second? this all of course becomes null and void if a char decides to wake up, but it could set up baits too.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
here's the video, showing the slight delay (ornot?) on b1

HAHA THEY MAD THE DASH UNDER BETTER

dat step back tech oh man lmao

stand directly under them and let them land right on your head and they could plop on either side

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Probably like half a second, just have to watch the other chars animation they have to be flat on the ground before you attempt your next move.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
yeah now you just have to watch them fall once they hit the ground then you can for for reset, i could easily get used to it the problem is it can be blocked on reaction

I'm gonna lay some knowledge on you guys and later this will all be in one video, but for now since I said I'd show what I know I'll post them as separate videos. I'll do commentary and all that later in the main video.

First of all you CAN still stuff wakeups with b1 (which is still possibly a waste for you to try because the opponent can just hold down, so it's not cheap. It's just good for wakeup happy players and doing it early on discourages the opponent so you can later go for J3's)

I've been minimizing the tell in what I'm going to go for since I ever came up with all the J3 stuff.

Standing

Walking

Dash

The J3 Cross-up or Non Cross-up setup from meter burn Lantern's Might still works too. We don't have as many options as before in minimizing the tell though. It's pretty much slight move forward for Cross-up and no movement for Non Cross-up. The best we'll be able to do is just make sure we show as little movement as possible before the J3 so they can't tell if they're going to get crossed up or not.

J3 Cross-up

J3 Non Cross-up

And here's a Turbine set-up I use that isn't new to me, but I haven't seen anyone do it. I may be the first. I can J3 Cross-up or Non Cross-up from Turbine after 223 as long as I press the J3 fast enough it won't cross up, but it is difficult to do at first.

Turbine J3 Non Cross-up

Turbine J3 Cross-up

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
ahh so i guess there is still a frame or so left to OTG after lanterns might, not as usefull since f3 dosnt work but could still come in handy hopefully they dont patch that since it seems like something they missed. other stuff is cool too my only issue with the turbine j3 video is they can block f3 after j2
nice to see alot of the tech still works

ahh so i guess there is still a frame or so left to OTG after lanterns might, not as usefull since f3 dosnt work but could still come in handy hopefully they dont patch that since it seems like something they missed. other stuff is cool too my only issue with the turbine j3 video is they can block f3 after j2
nice to see alot of the tech still works
Yeah man I know, but typically that J2 is blocked and then they have to watch for the b1 or f3 (unless they're really anticipating it and d1 or whatever, I know you're -7 on block for J2) It's still getting people for me. It's a really good way to get into f3 as well as d1 then a f3 after.. when you're close enough. The point of the video you're talking about is really just the Turbine Set-up J3, it can be done really anytime after you do 223 and you're getting that untechable knockdown so yep pretty sweet.

Rebelo

Noob
Its actually more of a mind fuck cuz everyone thinks it gone lets keep this in the corp for awhile till peeps start to notice

JDM

Noob
I'm gonna lay some knowledge on you guys and later this will all be in one video, but for now since I said I'd show what I know I'll post them as separate videos. I'll do commentary and all that later in the main video.

First of all you CAN still stuff wakeups with b1 (which is still possibly a waste for you do try because the opponent can just hold down, so it's not cheap. It's just good for wakeup happy players and doing it early on discourages the opponent so you can later go for J3's)

I've been minimizing the tell in what I'm going to go for since I ever came up with all the J3 stuff.

Standing

Walking

Dash

The J3 Cross-up or Non Cross-up setup from meter burn Lantern's Might still works too. We don't have as many options as before in minimizing the tell though. It's pretty much slight move forward for Cross-up and no movement for Non Cross-up. The best we'll be able to do is just make sure we show as little movement as possible before the J3 so they can't tell if they're going to get crossed up or not.

J3 Cross-up

J3 Non Cross-up

And here's a Turbine set-up I use that isn't new to me, but I haven't seen anyone do it. I may be the first. I can J3 Cross-up or Non Cross-up from Turbine after 223 as long as you press the J3 fast enough it won't cross up but it is difficult to do at first.

Turbine J3 Non Cross-up

Turbine J3 Cross-up
Btw this post is godlike thank you.

Rebelo

Noob
F3 still work pretty much the same to make it really effective you gotta mix it up with the dash under or maake it look like your dashin under and stayin the front and if they wanna wake up and they guess the side wrong it crosses there input but doing this for awhile dont see much gls do this till about they play me or rico tells them about it lol i can make vid when i get off work to display it dash time it the same so its really hard to tell

JRosa21

Noob

First of all you CAN still stuff wakeups with b1 (which is still possibly a waste for you do try because the opponent can just hold down, so it's not cheap. It's just good for wakeup happy players and doing it early on discourages the opponent so you can later go for J3's)

Standing

Walking

Dash

J3 Cross-up

J3 Non Cross-up

And here's a Turbine set-up I use that isn't new to me, but I haven't seen anyone do it. I may be the first. I can J3 Cross-up or Non Cross-up from Turbine after 223 as long as you press the J3 fast enough it won't cross up but it is difficult to do at first.

Turbine J3 Non Cross-up

Turbine J3 Cross-up
yo add me on psn or xbox dude I got some lantern stuff I'd like to go over and test with you and also learn a couple tricks myself!

JDM

Noob
F3 still work pretty much the same to make it really effective you gotta mix it up with the dash under or maake it look like your dashin under and stayin the front and if they wanna wake up and they guess the side wrong it crosses there input but doing this for awhile dont see much gls do this till about they play me or rico tells them about it lol i can make vid when i get off work to display it dash time it the same so its really hard to tell

I'd appreciate a video very much so.

Rebelo

Noob
also works with b1 but stupid enought in this game you can block a low with just down lol so not as good but still ok. the way my gl is hes really votex heavy and i put fear in my opponents to wake up ;) with this little trick throw in your game it will put fear in the players wake up only time it suck when i char like doomsdoom can wake up with down back 2 and down forward 2 and no matter what hell get one of his wake ups in this case you gotta use the b1 otg to install fear then feel for to run the f3 or jump 3 cross ups non cross ups lol