What's new

Green Lantern BnBs and Strategies

Well since we're all posting GL tech i might as well. I wanted to make videos about this stuff since most people dont understand what you're talking about unless you put a video *cough* Crimson Panther *cough* jk ;), but oh well.

Also sorry if someones already found these but i havent seen them anywhere.

So 1st one is f3 f3 then dash up reverses wakeups in the corner but you have to dash late just before they can wakeup.

The 2nd thing i found is if you end a combo with b233 in the corner then neurtral jump or forward jump your opponets wakeups will "sort of" be reversed.What i mean by that is i dont think its actually reversing the wakeups like 223 dash up does, i think because the way b223 bounces the opponet off the wall the game thinks you are in the corner then when you jump it allows the opponents wakeup to face the wall and go under you. But the result is mostly the same. Also jumping forward into the corner isnt technically reversing the wakeups either but you will still have time to punish or block the wakeup. If you do a jumping attack with the jump to punish the effect will be the same so thats awesome! the timing is not very strict. You can jump at any time when theyre knocked down but late neutral jumping seems to work better for most of the cast. Even some wakeups that hit behind the opponet will still be effected. WW, BA, and Sinestro's wakeup lasso spin, lighting cage, and Arachnid sting can all be stuffed or traded with a J3 although the timing is tough. You can also punish WW and Sinestro's wakeups on block. You can jump away from the corner or double jump (NJ then FJ or FJ then NJ) and punish BA's wakeup with a b1 or LM. Deathstrokes sword spin can trade with a j3 but i couldnt get it to stuff it. Of course it can be blocked and punished as normal. The only wakeup tested that this did not work for is GA's savage blast which put him away from the corner every time. But you can jump forward or back and punish with LM on a read.

The 3rd thing i found is F2 after a MB LM is an OTG. I have no idea how a move that doesnt hit the ground is an OTG but it is lol So you can now add a nice little guessing game to the OTG. You can go with f2d1, f2 b1, f2 f3, b1 whatever you want. It doesnt appear to work on small hit box characters. I tried it on catwoman but try it yourself maybe i just couldnt do it right. The timing is pretty tough though so be warned.

but you dont have to take my word for it... test it yourselves lol

Last edited:
Well since we're all posting GL tech i might as well. I wanted to make videos about this stuff since most people dont understand what you're talking about unless you put a video *cough* Crimson Panther *cough* jk ;), but oh well.

Also sorry if someones already found these but i havent seen them anywhere.

So 1st one is f3 f3 then dash up reverses wakeups in the corner but you have to dash late just before they can wakeup.

The 2nd thing i found is if you end a combo with b233 in the corner then neurtral jump or forward jump your opponets wakeups will "sort of" be reversed.What i mean by that is i dont think its actually reversing the wakeups like 223 dash up does, i think because the way b223 bounces the opponet off the wall the game thinks you are in the corner then when you jump it allows the opponents wakeup to face the wall and go under you. But the result is mostly the same. Also jumping forward into the corner isnt technically reversing the wakeups either but you will still have time to punish or block the wakeup. If you do a jumping attack with the jump to punish the effect will be the same so thats awesome! the timing is not very strict. You can jump at any time when theyre knocked down but late neutral jumping seems to work better for most of the cast. Even some wakeups that hit behind the opponet will still be effected. WW, BA, and Sinestro's wakeup lasso spin, lighting cage, and Arachnid sting can all be stuffed or traded with a J3 although the timing is tough. You can also punish WW and Sinestro's wakeups on block. You can jump away from the corner or double jump (NJ then FJ or FJ then NJ) and punish BA's wakeup with a b1 or LM. Deathstrokes sword spin can trade with a j3 but i couldnt get it to stuff it. Of course it can be blocked and punished as normal. The only wakeup tested that this did not work for is GA's savage blast which put him away from the corner every time. But you can jump forward or back and punish with LM on a read.

The 3rd thing i found is F2 after a MB LM is an OTG. I have no idea how a move that doesnt hit the ground So you can now add a nice little guessing game to the OTG. You can go with f2d1, f2 b1, f2 f3 whatever you want. It doesnt appear to work on small hit box characters. I tried it on catwoman but try it yourself maybe i just couldnt do it right. The timing is pretty tough though so be warned.

I'm afraid I'm going to need videos....

Seriously though, this seems (emphasizes on seems) gimmicky. Which I'm not opposed to at all as you all know. The first and second things seem interesting. Lantern does need more corner stuff to deal with characters such as Zatanna (hate that b**ch). Ashenar is this what you were kind of touching on in your post about reversing wake ups in the corner? Interested in this.

The 3rd thing. I actually didn't get into the discussions about Lantern's OTG after LM MB other than with B1, but apparently standing 2 and even B3 either did or does OTG. After the patch I really just don't know. F2 mindgames is a good...well mindgame for midscreen pressure. My only wish is F2 was a true Mid. But I've said in this and other threads that I believe if Lantern was given any buffs what so ever he may become broken with the things he can do and with the things I'm sure we haven't yet discovered he can do.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....

Seriously though, this seems (emphasizes on seems) gimmicky. Which I'm not opposed to at all as you all know. The first and second things seem interesting. Lantern does need more corner stuff to deal with characters such as Zatanna (hate that b**ch). Ashenar is this what you were kind of touching on in your post about reversing wake ups in the corner? Interested in this.

The 3rd thing. I actually didn't get into the discussions about Lantern's OTG after LM MB other than with B1, but apparently standing 2 and even B3 either did or does OTG. After the patch I really just don't know. F2 mindgames is a good...well mindgame for midscreen pressure. My only wish is F2 was a true Mid. But I've said in this and other threads that I believe if Lantern was given any buffs what so ever he may become broken with the things he can do and with the things I'm sure we haven't yet discovered he can do.
There are some things I am still hashing out with in the corner game as far as pressure goes with GL. The corner game as far as getting wake ups to come out the opposite direction is more or less part of what I am developing. The reason why a dash timed right seams to get wake ups to come out the opposite way is pretty simple once I watched a few videos of it. The character on knock down seams to have a target locked on the character that knocked it down. More so I believe the character that is knocked down is targeted at the center of mass of the other character so wake ups will go directed towards that character. Kinda works like a magnet in some ways because when you time a dash correctly your character will dash through the knocked down character in this game but rubberband backwards because the other character is occupying the 2-D path on the plane that would allow your character to path into the corner. Simply put your dash moves your characters center of mass past the other character but the pathing in this game doesn't allow you to dash through your opponent. Which is why we get the crossed up wake ups.

There are some things I am still hashing out with in the corner game as far as pressure goes with GL. The corner game as far as getting wake ups to come out the opposite direction is more or less part of what I am developing. The reason why a dash timed right seams to get wake ups to come out the opposite way is pretty simple once I watched a few videos of it. The character on knock down seams to have a target locked on the character that knocked it down. More so I believe the character that is knocked down is targeted at the center of mass of the other character so wake ups will go directed towards that character. Kinda works like a magnet in some ways because when you time a dash correctly your character will dash through the knocked down character in this game but rubberband backwards because the other character is occupying the 2-D path on the plane that would allow your character to path into the corner. Simply put your dash moves your characters center of mass past the other character but the pathing in this game doesn't allow you to dash through your opponent. Which is why we get the crossed up wake ups.
Look forward to seeing this.

Urtog

Noob
The 3rd thing i found is F2 after a MB LM is an OTG. I have no idea how a move that doesnt hit the ground is an OTG but it is lol So you can now add a nice little guessing game to the OTG. You can go with f2d1, f2 b1, f2 f3, b1 whatever you want. It doesnt appear to work on small hit box characters. I tried it on catwoman but try it yourself maybe i just couldnt do it right. The timing is pretty tough though so be warned.

The d1 of f2d1 will also otg, and works on characters like catwoman, but the timing is pretty hard on small characters I only managed to do it a few times in practice. f2 wiffs under the character then d1 hits right as they land. I was also testing other attacks after a MB LM. d1,d2 and d3 will also otg.

I can vouch for S2 and b3 still being OTGs, ive done them on accident a few times post patch lol

The d1 of f2d1 will also otg, and works on characters like catwoman, but the timing is pretty hard on small characters I only managed to do it a few times in practice. f2 wiffs under the character then d1 hits right as they land. I was also testing other attacks after a MB LM. d1,d2 and d3 will also otg.
Ohhhh snap thats awesome!

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Yeah this otgs, I've practiced it though and the timing is pretty weird, you have to do it like right after you do mb LM but if too soon the f2 will actually hit but if too late you'll miss the otg can't get it consistently.

Urtog

Noob
A few more things about his otg's.

Something interesting about the f2d1 otg vs superman. If you try the otg but mess up the timing and superman wakes up with his super move he will fly over you and it will whiff. So you could try to bait it out and make him waste all his meter.

B2 works as an otg on big characters. I tried it on bane and batman and could only hit bane with it. Just a slight step forward after the mb lm then wait till hes about to hit the ground.

Finally something I think is funny, you can't do it in a real match since you don't have 5 bars but GL's super otg's.

Last edited:

Rebelo

Noob
I think we all need start using the back 3 otg off mb lm its the scummiest one of all because it just look like your finishin your combo then all of a sudden it resets ive been puttin this is my gameplay more but the timing is really stricked so i use it more in offline play

I think we all need start using the back 3 otg off mb lm its the scummiest one of all because it just look like your finishin your combo then all of a sudden it resets ive been puttin this is my gameplay more but the timing is really stricked so i use it more in offline play
yeah the timing is a bitch

Rebelo

Noob
Also i see alot of gls have alot of problems dealing with doomsday supernova because of how bad our dash is just back 3 when is comin and it will whiff and u can full punish it instead of using a mb back 3 and spenting the bar

Reactions: JDM
Also i see alot of gls have alot of problems dealing with doomsday supernova because of how bad our dash is just back 3 when is comin and it will whiff and u can full punish it instead of using a mb back 3 and spenting the bar
ohhh thats a good idea. i was always pissed when i did mbb3 and he ended up behind me. i didnt know it happened everytime i though i was just doing it wrong lol

JDM

Noob
Smart rebelo. Btw, lets get some games in online some day, I hear you're the best with Lantern, I wanna see how I stack up against yours.