What's new

Green Lantern BnBs and Strategies

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Something i came up with just now, not sure if its known already but after the BNB B13 Trait LM 223 LM MB you can dash underneath making it look like your going for a reset and then do 223 (carrying on the combo) into turbine setup.
I experimented with that a while ago for corner positioning purposes but was never able to get it to land consistently.

Something i came up with just now, not sure if its known already but after the BNB B13 Trait LM 223 LM MB you can dash underneath making it look like your going for a reset and then do 223 (carrying on the combo) into turbine setup.
I don't recommend this simply because it's only 27% while doing B13, TRAIT, 223, OR MB, 223, TS is 31%

Doesn't reverse positions, it's just higher damage for your trait and meter.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I'd like to start a discussion about how to adjust your gameplay when at a life deficit.

Lantern seems to be driven by life values. If you can get a life lead its very difficult to come back on lantern. On the flip side, if you get down on life it can be very difficult to mount a comeback against someone turtling you.

Any thoughts?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I'd like to start a discussion about how to adjust your gameplay when at a life deficit.

Lantern seems to be driven by life values. If you can get a life lead its very difficult to come back on lantern. On the flip side, if you get down on life it can be very difficult to mount a comeback against someone turtling you.

Any thoughts?
Yeah I mean it's matchup-dependent, but I know what you mean. I saw what happened to you against Arma's Batman at the Break Game 2, and that's pretty much the same thing that happens to me. If he gets rolling, one thing seems to lead to another, and then you have to take all the risks to get in. You can be annoying with minigun for slight chip or rockets, but at some point you have to take a significant risk to try to open them up.

Wheras if he's down, all he needs is a well-timed trait bat to start momentum rolling in his favor again from anywhere on screen. Black Adam MU can be tough this way also, with his excellent keepaway game with the Lighting, MB DK and trait. Likewise Superman with the wall of lasers and gigantic corner combos + fullscreen Super.

Also MU's that require Air Turbine reads to get in can be tough as well to make comebacks in -- because it's easy to get blown up on a whiff. You have yo kind of Yolo Lantern your way back and hope for the best.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Yeah I mean it's matchup-dependent, but I know what you mean. I saw what happened to you against Arma's Batman at the Break Game 2, and that's pretty much the same thing that happens to me. If he gets rolling, one thing seems to lead to another, and then you have to take all the risks to get in. You can be annoying with minigun for slight chip or rockets, but at some point you have to take a significant risk to try to open them up.

Wheras if he's down, all he needs is a well-timed trait bat to start momentum rolling in his favor again from anywhere on screen. Black Adam MU can be tough this way also, with his excellent keepaway game with the Lighting, MB DK and trait. Likewise Superman with the wall of lasers and gigantic corner combos + fullscreen Super.

Also MU's that require Air Turbine reads to get in can be tough as well to make comebacks in -- because it's easy to get blown up on a whiff. You have yo kind of Yolo Lantern your way back and hope for the best.
Well, I should have picked Lantern from the start instead of my terrible aquaman but whatever. The final game I decided to test his willingness to block my wake up like 3 times in a row which turned out to be dumb because he took my entire lifebar without a scratch and I'm thinking to myself "is it even possible to make this comeback?"

But, the same thing happened with Swift Tom Hanks the match before and I made a clutch comeback. It IS possible for lantern to make a comeback but only if he has the opponent in the corner.

In my mind it makes the opening gambit so important that if you guess right at match start it will win you the match and I'm not into gambling like that. I need solid strats.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
The main reason that lantern loses this matchup is because batman's hitbox is fucked up and at his optimal pressure range Lantern's Might whiffs his jump every time so you are at this disadvantage which is weird because I've seen LM grab other characters that have almost crossed over but batman no sir.

You want to go for resets once you get him on the ground and take as much damage as you can then bait him, ofc the hard part is losing and having to get in.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Went into the lab to optimize the 2 bar f3 combo and I came up with this brain child combo. Enjoy.

Also the upgraded version for 1% more damage little stricter to do on timing.

Hey Ashenar can you include button notations for the combos?

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
The F3 combo goes F3 Standing 3 oa's MB jump 2 B2 LMMB jump 2 223 lm 47% you can subsitute the first jump 2 for a jump 3 for 1% more but the timing gets very tight so jump 2 is a little easier to do.

The B3 combo goes B3 j3 B23 Oa's MB B23 LMMB jump 2 22 LM 49%

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Thanks, though that does remind me, has anyone found any high damaging combos for LM MB as a starter? Usually I do LMMB j3 123 turbine for a set up, however I wanna just go for damage sometimes instead of the set up, anyone come up with anything?

Thanks, though that does remind me, has anyone found any high damaging combos for LM MB as a starter? Usually I do LMMB j3 123 turbine for a set up, however I wanna just go for damage sometimes instead of the set up, anyone come up with anything?
I'll play around with it but typically high damage combos involve OR MB early in the combo.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
So I wanted to record this for a while, but my capture card broke! I finally caved in and made a shitty phone cam video (and you can see my CRT is fucked up and shows hella blue spots)

GL 100% Damage using one 50/50 reset and 3 bars.

Pretty flashy, but it seems potentially practical!

So I wanted to record this for a while, but my capture card broke! I finally caved in and made a shitty phone cam video (and you can see my CRT is fucked up and shows hella blue spots)

GL 100% Damage using one 50/50 reset and 3 bars.

Pretty flashy, but it seems potentially practical!
The only bad thing is the "3" in the "b23" can still be ducked even though it says it's a mid, it isn't really.
B2 is really the only true mid in that string.

Your combo Chef is 49+52=101%

There is actually a 100% combo that leaves that magic pixel of life left. It starts with all true mids. (the 22 MB OR)

Although not that the combo above matters if you can truly hit confirm off the jump in 2.
Let's say that our eyes and reaction speed is fast enough; making that the case, you can actually do a 49+54=103%

I would also like to share my 57% Midscreen 1 bar combo that I forgot to upload a long time ago. It still does 57% here in 1.05

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
The only bad thing is the "3" in the "b23" can still be ducked even though it says it's a mid, it isn't really.
B2 is really the only true mid in that string.

Your combo Chef is 49+52=101%

There is actually a 100% combo that leaves that magic pixel of life left. It starts with all true mids. (the 22 MB OR)

Although not that the combo above matters if you can truly hit confirm off the jump in 2.
Let's say that our eyes and reaction speed is fast enough; making that the case, you can actually do a 49+54=103%

I would also like to share my 57% Midscreen 1 bar combo that I forgot to upload a long time ago. It still does 57% here in 1.05
Just........so much win =-)

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Show of hands...who knew minigun had some invincibility on wakeup...?

Show of hands...who knew minigun had some invincibility on wakeup...?
::raises hand::

Problem is it doesn't have many and on whiff it's pretty horrible. Although as opposed to LM this should be done more than that.

Also, I've been asked recently about GLs cross over JI3 and what to do if it lands.

What I see a lot is; JI3, B13, TRAIT, LM, 223, LM MB, B3, B13, LM for 39%...don't do this. It's a waste of meter for very little damage.

I've just added this to the OP for reference but instead use this; JI3, 2, OR MB, B3, JI3, 223, LM for 48% one bar. Or if you want to go into the Turbine Set-up just replace the LM with TS for 46%

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
That's much better to do, but if you play people who know the tech, you tend to be better off doing j3 b13 or j3 f3 to try and mess with their blocking. I know before evo I was doing j3 b2 oa mb, b3 223 turbine. But since the j3 reset is more well known now, your far less likely to get the hit, and b13 allows you to have enough time to determine whether to commit to trait lm or block stun with gatlin or rp.

187x

Noob
That's much better to do, but if you play people who know the tech, you tend to be better off doing j3 b13 or j3 f3 to try and mess with their blocking. I know before evo I was doing j3 b2 oa mb, b3 223 turbine. But since the j3 reset is more well known now, your far less likely to get the hit, and b13 allows you to have enough time to determine whether to commit to trait lm or block stun with gatlin or rp.
dude what the hell is that in your avatar?