What's new

Green Lantern BnBs and Strategies

So ppl are starting to wake up attack me after my MB lift for reset... So I'm guessing that reset isn't very viable anymore? :(
The patch before last I believe they removed that OTG. The only thing that works is any string the frame they hit the ground.

Me, personally, I've stopped going for resets and things like that. GL is good without them.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
The patch before last I believe they removed that OTG. The only thing that works is any string the frame they hit the ground.

Me, personally, I've stopped going for resets and things like that. GL is good without them.

Yeah, I'm starting to lean away from it now and only sprinkling it in every now and then when they don't expect it, but I don't have a solid combo ended with b13, trait, lm, 223, lm? The MB to extend lm just seems so wasteful and not a huge boost in dmg.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Yeah, I'm starting to lean away from it now and only sprinkling it in every now and then when they don't expect it, but I don't have a solid combo ended with b13, trait, lm, 223, lm? The MB to extend lm just seems so wasteful and not a huge boost in dmg.

Try b13, trait, lm, 22 OAs rocket MB, B23, LM. I think it's like 35% damage + if you can background stage bounce after the OAs rocket Mb do 2, stage bounce then continue B23 or B3. Damage can be extended but if you do then online you might drop the combo cause of delay.

Sometimes that's all you need. If you have full meter or close to it I'll use B13, trait, LM, 2, OR MB, B23, LM MB, B3, 223, LM (damage is in OP)

Otherwise I go for the optimized BnBs.

IBB combo: 22, IBB, 4, OR MB, B3, JI3, 223, LM -45% (48% w/ JI2)

Off of: B23- 48% (51% w/ JI2)

Two bar versions: 22, IBB, 4, OR MB, B3, JI3, 223, LM MB, JI2, 2, LM -50% (52% w/ JI2)

Off of B23: 53% (55% w/ JI2)

Since on most stages this carries enough to the wall that if you do these starting with GL facing toward the transition wall you can replace the JI2, 2, LM with a second B3 for transition. Examples:

22, IBB, 4, OR MB, B3, JI3, 223, LM MB, Transition -53% (55% w/JI2)

Off of B23: -56% (58% w/ JI2)

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
So ppl are starting to wake up attack me after my MB lift for reset... So I'm guessing that reset isn't very viable anymore? :(
It is viable, if you learn the timing for b1 to otg and stuff wake ups. But without mastering the timing its worthless.

Endeavor

IBB combo: 22, IBB, 4, OR MB, B3, JI3, 223, LM -45% (48% w/ JI2)

Off of: B23- 48% (51% w/ JI2)

Two bar versions: 22, IBB, 4, OR MB, B3, JI3, 223, LM MB, JI2, 2, LM -50% (52% w/ JI2)

Off of B23: 53% (55% w/ JI2)

Since on most stages this carries enough to the wall that if you do these starting with GL facing toward the transition wall you can replace the JI2, 2, LM with a second B3 for transition. Examples:

22, IBB, 4, OR MB, B3, JI3, 223, LM MB, Transition -53% (55% w/JI2)

Off of B23: -56% (58% w/ JI2)

what does "IBB" mean?

Endeavor

I thought they nerfed the otg with b1? It still works?
Yes it still works but the timing is a bitch and a half to learn, but it does still work. I myself can do it without the cross under, doing it that way is easy, however, doing it with the cross under is very hard.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
I've been messing around and trying to set people up for F3 after having trait active for 46% with one meter and very doable online it's...

With trait active

F3, J2, B23, ORs MB, B23 (or standing 3), LM, 22 LM. that's 46% for 1BAR. I'll mess around with the interactable bounce but a stage bounce should add 2% or so.

If you meter burn LM you can do J2, Air Rocket for 52% but I don't find it worth it unless you're trying to finish them off or have extra meter, I usually go for the Turbine instead though. What is worth however is MB LM for J3 and interactable grab for about 70% damage with 2 meters so watch your surroundings.

You should also update the turbine strategy since you can do F2D1 for a overhead mixup or F2, B13 for a block high bait. as seen in OFIDYAN's video.

I've been messing around and trying to set people up for F3 after having trait active for 46% with one meter and very doable online it's...

With trait active

F3, J2, B23, ORs MB, B23 (or standing 3), LM, 22 LM. that's 46% for 1BAR. I'll mess around with the interactable bounce but a stage bounce should add 2% or so.

If you meter burn LM you can do J2, Air Rocket for 52% but I don't find it worth it unless you're trying to finish them off or have extra meter, I usually go for the Turbine instead though. What is worth however is MB LM for J3 and interactable grab for about 70% damage with 2 meters so watch your surroundings.

You should also update the turbine strategy since you can do F2D1 for a overhead mixup or F2, B13 for a block high bait. as seen in OFIDYAN's video.
Link for OFIDYAN video?

And I will.

was just messing around with yolo lantern and found a weird bug or whatever where if you shoot his rocket right when they bunce out of the dimension mirror thing, it'll visibly hit the opponent, but no actual hit or damage are registered...nothing special but I thought it looked cool lol and there's another variation I did for only 2 bars 2% less damage

the first combo does 60% with the same ender as the second combo btw.

hey I don't post on here much but I thought i should contribute the things that have been working for me that I don't see getting used very often.
F3 after D1 is something I use allot with a high success rate cause people instinctively block low soon as you poke low or try to low counter poke you. Both these responses get blown up by F3. And you can obviously Mb the F3 if your fighting someone like grundy who will poke with a mid hitting move which wont whiff like a low.
Second is the B13, DB2B (repeat) frame trap which leads to nice pressure on block, the only way to get out of it (that I have seen) is to dash forward after B13. Use a turbine or lm (if you think you can get away with it) instead of DB2 and you got yourself a new mixup game. Also if you get away with a blocked B13 trait db2B or already have trait active you can do the frame-trap in to LM into full combo if the trait rockets hit. still playing with this B13 into rocket tech but I think it has decent potential. Will post more when something else comes to mind

OP has been updated with the "Turbine Set-up" based off the video by OFIDYAN under the "Vortex/Set-ups" section.

I had to write it all out with my phone so let me know if anything doesn't make sense or if I made an input mistake.

Enjoy.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Also, I've been asked recently about GLs cross over JI3 and what to do if it lands.

What I see a lot is; JI3, B13, TRAIT, LM, 223, LM MB, B3, B13, LM for 39%...don't do this. It's a waste of meter for very little damage.

I've just added this to the OP for reference but instead use this; JI3, 2, OR MB, B3, JI3, 223, LM for 48% one bar. Or if you want to go into the Turbine Set-up just replace the LM with TS for 46%

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Something i came up with just now, not sure if its known already but after the BNB B13 Trait LM 223 LM MB you can dash underneath making it look like your going for a reset and then do 223 (carrying on the combo) into turbine setup.