What's new

Match-up Discussion Green Arrow Patch Notes and Related Match up Discussion (Oct 1st Patch)

Question: anyone notice a change to his hitbox on the back 3? I've been playing online most of the morning and I swear I have been dropping the back 3 after the super reset damn near every other time. It feels like you have to time it slightly more carefully now....but maybe its all in my head...

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Question: anyone notice a change to his hitbox on the back 3? I've been playing online most of the morning and I swear I have been dropping the back 3 after the super reset damn near every other time. It feels like you have to time it slightly more carefully now....but maybe its all in my head...

Seemed the same to me, I was just in lab for about 2 hours, hit many b3's

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Yeah, probably just me then. Strange...I feel like I usually only drop that once in a blue moon.

MMMMmmm, sometimes happens if you don't play for a bit, also patches can have a weird effect on things, where you think all this other stuff was changed when it really wasn't. It happens.

I was hitting 113~Electric Arrow B3 normally, and thats pretty tight. I also hit the 2 B3's after super normally a bunch as swell.

I think the fact that his darrow is now always a duck is huge. Solves a lot of problems with characters that used to be able to zone us out simply because their projectiles would trade better than a arrow.

Characters like batman, killer frost, GL and harley used to be able to sit back and force us to come in. I'm not saying 1% damage is game breaking, but now we can keep them in check at full screen from spamming out what they got and force the fight to mid screen. Also gives us the opportunity to punish heat zap almost on reaction.

Additionally, since he now has a far better zoning game from this buff alone, fire/elec arrows are no longer just end of round chip options.

The stinger is nice, gives a good wake up and combo ender, but honestly, the darrow actually being a crouch now is huge. Just gives him the opportunity to dictate the pace of the fight against characters he couldn't before.

I'm not on top of the tech for this game, so this may well have been talked about already. I was messing on training mode, and I found I could cancel Beast Slayer (33) into Super. It starts the super animation after the 2nd hit of Beast Slayer, and then does the 3rd hit. On hit it doesn't do anything, but on block it looks like a set up for the super (they look to be in blockstun too long to get out of the way).

I don't have anyone here right now to try this out with me though, so any confirmation or whatever would be cool.

Karyotic

Destiny leaves it's mark
Not sure if someone already mentioned and it's by no means anything big but still find it a bit interesting. Noticed with this patch and the crouching low arrow fix, that if you are for lack of a better term spamming low arrow. Green Arrow actually moves slightly forward each time, the distance minimal. Like I said nothing big just noticed it when I went into practice.

I'm not on top of the tech for this game, so this may well have been talked about already. I was messing on training mode, and I found I could cancel Beast Slayer (33) into Super. It starts the super animation after the 2nd hit of Beast Slayer, and then does the 3rd hit. On hit it doesn't do anything, but on block it looks like a set up for the super (they look to be in blockstun too long to get out of the way).

I don't have anyone here right now to try this out with me though, so any confirmation or whatever would be cool.
I could be wrong but but I am 99% sure that you could do that before the patch.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
I'm actually noticing this happening too. I could land that B3 a 100% of the time before the patch but now it's very strict. Like the hitbox is smaller.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier

Someone else noticed this as well I guess, so it's possible that they adjusted the top part of the Hitbox on his B3, maybe made it smaller so its a little tougher to hit the B3 after the super, but it can still be done, and it's not that hard, just gotta wait like a half second and it still hits.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Don't know if anyone has said it yet, but MB stinger is about... +7 or so on block. I just tested it, its definitely safe from the fastest counters and it lets your jab almost fully come out before the opponent can parry on block, which since they are all 1 frame and standing jab is 8 frames it should equal out to the upper part of the single digits area. d.1 gets hit by the parry and there aren't any 6 frame moves in his arsenal so my best guess is its above +5 but below +8.

However since most people tend to ignore the fact of it, you can hold forward and buffer in a normal throw and it will connect as a tick throw. I'll show you a video of what I mean.

I'm not the best with arrow so I cut out a few botched attempts, but this should give the jist of it.

It also works on some of the faster counters. However, there are some characters whom this will NOT work on.

Green Lantern - Because of his unique stagger animation, he actually avoids the grab by a fair margin.

Bane - Sorry to say it, but literally all of Bane's attacks beat the tech venomless. Add in the armor and you've got even more trouble.

Superman - Pretty much the same as GL, anything that he would do to reverse you specials wise is either grab immune or leaves him just out of reach. It will, however, get through f.2 without trouble.

You'll want to go ahead and check into what MUs this will be best in. It seems like characters with advancing counters and less stagger knockback are most susceptible. There's another option to mix into this, and its the use of f.2-d.1-3. Against characters like Doomsday, they will be able to avoid your grabs but the f.2-d.1-3 will connect before their counter can come out. Characters like Superman will be caught out using this when the grab fails, but others like Bane will still power through by some means (usually armor). This one DOES work on GL but its not reliable.

Yammini

Noob
I hear people say that, but I haven't missed it online yet, so that should say something.

I miss the B3 2/3 of the times and i rarely missed it before the patch, the opponent need to be almost on the ground for it to connect for me :/

Someone else noticed this as well I guess, so it's possible that they adjusted the top part of the Hitbox on his B3, maybe made it smaller so its a little tougher to hit the B3 after the super, but it can still be done, and it's not that hard, just gotta wait like a half second and it still hits.
Yeah, it's definitely still doable...it mostly just seems like you can't mash it anymore.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Yeah, it's definitely still doable...it mostly just seems like you can't mash it anymore.
I always use the numbers on the screen to time the b3 when I am offline, but online I can still do it just by "feeling it" lol. The numbers should be a sure bet offline though.

LEGEND

YES!
Few things i've noticed. haven't seen anyone talk about them yet:

Stinger is completely safe at max range, can easily tell if the distance it was blocked at is in the punishable range and MB it for safety

111 now combos with specials its linked with, like 111-ice arrow or 111-BG Bounce (fairly certain it wasn't always like this)

GA can't duck Sinestro's FB outside about mid screen with low arrow

Flash can escape 111-super on block with a reversal Flying Uppercut

7L
Jimmypotato

SimSim

Few things i've noticed. haven't seen anyone talk about them yet:

Stinger is completely safe at max range, can easily tell if the distance it was blocked at is in the punishable range and MB it for safety

111 now combos with specials its linked with, like 111-ice arrow or 111-BG Bounce (fairly certain it wasn't always like this)

GA can't duck Sinestro's FB outside about mid screen with low arrow

Flash can escape 111-super on block with a reversal Flying Uppercut

7L
Jimmypotato

Yea we have confirmed that slide at max range/meaty is around -5. If 111 comboes in to ice arrow and it did not before, that mean's more hit stun on 111 or faster startup on ice arrow shot. Either way it's great, and if 111 has more hitstun, the 111 super reset might have become inescapable by backdash or maybe easier to escape (reversal backdash)

111 super on block was already very easy to escape (Forward dash I think)

All in all GA is better. The Chris G combo: j3, 11 xx db/bb MB, j3, 1 xx d4 (Ice), j2, 223 xx ice load is 44% now!

LEGEND

YES!
Yea we have confirmed that slide at max range/meaty is around -5. If 111 comboes in to ice arrow and it did not before, that mean's more hit stun on 111 or faster startup on ice arrow shot. Either way it's great, and if 111 has more hitstun, the 111 super reset might have become inescapable by backdash or maybe easier to escape (reversal backdash)

111 super on block was already very easy to escape (Forward dash I think)

All in all GA is better. The Chris G combo: j3, 11 xx db/bb MB, j3, 1 xx d4 (Ice), j2, 223 xx ice load is 44% now!
do you know which characters can forward dash out of 111-super on block?

SimSim

do you know which characters can forward dash out of 111-super on block?
I have not checked at all, so I might be making a fool out of myself, but I know 111 doesn't grant much block stun. Maybe I'll test it out later.

LEGEND

YES!
I have not checked at all, so I might be making a fool out of myself, but I know 111 doesn't grant much block stun. Maybe I'll test it out later.
i just tested Flash and Superman and i couldn't get it, as far as i'm aware they have the fastest dashes

on a side note Superman can still escape pretty much everything with super

SimSim

i just tested Flash and Superman and i couldn't get it, as far as i'm aware they have the fastest dashes

on a side note Superman can still escape pretty much everything with super
Alright I will check it out (Maybe it has gotten more block stun too?)

Edit: You definitely seem to be right! I might have been miss informed before, but either way, now this is a very hard to avoid block string in to super together with 33!

ando1184

Noob
Alright I will check it out (Maybe it has gotten more block stun too?)

Edit: You definitely seem to be right! I might have been miss informed before, but either way, now this is a very hard to avoid block string in to super together with 33!
33 is super easy to backdash on reaction to avoid super, do you mean b1,3?

SimSim

33 is super easy to backdash on reaction to avoid super, do you mean b1,3?
Ah yes, I meant b13. I was mixing the two and which was done on block
No actually I did mean 33 on block! I am sure this has been a go to super on block for GA's, but now it is indeed very easy to escape with a reversal backdash.