What's new

Match-up Discussion Green Arrow Patch Notes and Related Match up Discussion (Oct 1st Patch)

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Anyone think the advanced controls tweak that is supposed to help inputting specials will help with using GA online? We wont have to go back to neutral off a block to input stuff now.
Oh for sure! GA has to be played with advanced controls imo, since he requires a lot of neutral->d1/d2->special moves and I always get special moves by doing that.

I just wish I could change from advanced to normal controls during online play, since I play my main with normal controls and GA/Aqua with advanced!

ando1184

Noob
Lets not get too overexcited guys, everything looks good on paper. That being said, I wonder if stinger MB will be a safe wake up option now and if a MB b3 will help boost his combo dmg???

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Lets not get too overexcited guys, everything looks good on paper. That being said, I wonder if stinger MB will be a safe wake up option now and if a MB b3 will help boost his combo dmg???

I can only imagine by the way it's worded that yes, you will be at Advantage when you MB it, and even still -13 isn't horrible, they basically have to be ready to punish that, because that window closes fast,

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Technically, Sinestro's fireball is a mid. I'm not sure if the change will affect it or not. But lol either way GA gets to duck it pretty far away with that elf sized hitbox.
Yeah it hits Arrow when crouching at full screen but once a little past fullscreen he can duck the fireballs. The thing is if he tries to shoot a low arrow from the safe distance he'll raise his hitbox and get hit. Arrow players will be able to get arrows out from a good distance without getting hit if the hitbox is as low as his idle crouch.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Yeah indeed.
Also with the MB B3 now doing more damage (which i believe it was to push ppl to use Bounce cancels) i think his damage might be go up even more ^^

Lets see, maybe we will be able to use that reload Arrow Tech now, in add with some good setups from a counter zoning setup.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Yeah indeed.
Also with the MB B3 now doing more damage (which i believe it was to push ppl to use Bounce cancels) i think his damage might be go up even more ^^

Lets see, maybe we will be able to use that reload Arrow Tech now, in add with some good setups from a counter zoning setup.

It's good in the fact that Arrows best damage combos come off Naked B3's, so it's worth it to go for MB B3s now to get shit started. Even unclashable MB b3 2wice after a freeze arrow. If the damage is good enough, I mean, could be a good round ender. Eitherway, there are a couple new things.

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
i dont see why people wanted the arrow damage buff...its only use is for frame trapping them..now...if fire arrows got a 2% damage buff i would have been having jizz fits...

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
i dont see why people wanted the arrow damage buff...its only use is for frame trapping them..now...if fire arrows got a 2% damage buff i would have been having jizz fits...

If electric would have been brought to do what fire does, that would have been nice, they both do the same chip, but oh well. I like Arrow now, I was really worried they were gonna mess with 111 and B13 strings.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
One thing I'm really excited about is that Batman Trait nerf, we shouldn't have such a hard time getting in now from full screen.

SimSim

Something that is interesting with the changes and that I thought more about after listening to the Kryptonite council:
-Stinger is going from -25 to -13. I am pretty sure this is point blank as stinger has x amount of active frames, so the further you are from the opponent the safer stinger will be.
-Stinger is GA's best wake up move as for invincibility frames. Naturally the first thing I thought about when I read the patch notes was that now GA will have a safer wake up move. Then I read that you can MB on block for frame advantage (Keep in mind that NRS also refer to -13 as frame advantage, so this does not mean that MB stinger will be + on block, but since normal stinger is -13 I assume MB version will be anywhere from 0 to +10).
-Then when I listened to the Kryptonite council, Reo brought up the idea of using stinger as a way of just getting in. This thought isn't revolutionary, but if stinger indeed is -13 from point blank and actually is safe from distance, we can now use it to get in quick (also dodges fireballs - not sure about mid hitting ones) and maybe even frame trap with MB if we think they will push buttons to keep us in check since we are probably slightly minus. Stinger seems like a great tool now. If we get + frames on MB it will be a free wake up/get in, and if you have an ice arrow stocked you can use the frame advantage to mix up on block.

I am looking forward to the patch more and more, and will give GA a shot again! I also loved the idea of 2x MB b3 for unclashable damage (That's a lot of damage!)

jaym7018

Noob
I have a question, the mb portion of stinger is a high so wont it just fly over the character that low blocks stinger causing it to whiff, leaving you extremely punishable?

SimSim

I have a question, the mb portion of stinger is a high so wont it just fly over the character that low blocks stinger causing it to whiff, leaving you extremely punishable?
If it is indeed a high, then you are asking a very important question. They might have messed up tbh. If it is a high it will still be combo only or to discourage people trying to punish the stinger (I bet you can delay the MB until the end of the stinger recovery)

jaym7018

Noob
If it is indeed a high, then you are asking a very important question. They might have messed up tbh. If it is a high it will still be combo only or to discourage people trying to punish the stinger (I bet you can delay the MB until the end of the stinger recovery)
I just think that would kinda defeat the entire purpose of allowing mb on block. I dont play ga but i was just messing with him and noticed this. I hope for your guys sake it is changed to a mid and was just an oversight on the notes. Otherwise ruh roh cause it is absolutely a high right now.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I just think that would kinda defeat the entire purpose of allowing mb on block. I dont play ga but i was just messing with him and noticed this. I hope for your guys sake it is changed to a mid and was just an oversight on the notes. Otherwise ruh roh cause it is absolutely a high right now.
Relax, we're going to be just fine, i'm pretty sure NRS didn't change the patch notes just because or to troll us on this.

SimSim

Relax, we're going to be just fine, i'm pretty sure NRS didn't change the patch notes just because or to troll us on this.
As I said, it doesn't need to be a troll if it is a high still. It could be meant as a way to keep people from trying to punish the stinger by being able to delay MB. I hope it is a mid though, because GA being able to have a Killer Frost safe slide that doesn't lead to combos on hit, for 1 bar, shouldn't be too much to ask for!