What's new

Match-up Discussion Green Arrow Patch Notes and Related Match up Discussion (Oct 1st Patch)

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Green Arrow
· Now correctly enters a crouching state when firing low arrows.
· The Stinger special move now has a frame advantage of -13 (up from -25) and can now be Meter Burned when blocked for frame advantage.
MB version will hit OVERHEAD

Possible Ninja Nerf on B3 hitbox (could be smaller??)

Sweet jesus we didn't get nerfed, I haven't read everything else, but I'm pretty happy right now. You guys?

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Little effect except in very few MUs.
I think Electric Arrow is going to come into play alot more in some match ups, due to it's speed. Yes it only does 5% but you get 2 loaded and that shit is fast.

I think it will help with end game, closing out matches with people that like to run, like Harley lol

ando1184

Noob
I think Electric Arrow is going to come into play alot more in some match ups, due to it's speed. Yes it only does 5% but you get 2 loaded and that shit is fast.

I think it will help with end game, closing out matches with people that like to run, like Harley lol
Yes I think this will definitely help the Harley MU for sure.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I think the low arrow fix will be significant against characters like sinestro. At mid screen vs sunestro you can crouch his projectile but if you pull out an arrow it will raise your hitbox. Considering it takes around 22 frames to shoot an arrow this can be a great way to safely get something on screen. I'm guessing that pretty much any projectile that you can duck normally will go over low arrows.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Nice that we will have some answers against high traveling projectiles finally, it was about time.

Hoping Standing 1 hits mid as well so we can make some use of 113 mid screen combos.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Nice that we will have some answers against high traveling projectiles finally, it was about time.

Hoping Standing 1 hits mid as well so we can make some use of 113 mid screen combos.

I would do the 113~electric all the time lol

I think the low arrow fix will be significant against characters like sinestro. At mid screen vs sunestro you can crouch his projectile but if you pull out an arrow it will raise your hitbox. Considering it takes around 22 frames to shoot an arrow this can be a great way to safely get something on screen. I'm guessing that pretty much any projectile that you can duck normally will go over low arrows.

Honestly, thats all I want, thats cool if they still hit full screen, they should, they seem to be designed that way, but to be able to pull that Arrow out while crouching would be awesome, this is how I assume it will be. I sure hope so.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I hope it makes his counterzoning tools actually counterzone.

It'll make my life a tiny bit happier.

ando1184

Noob
I hope his small hitbox is fixed so my Double Punch doesn't whiff on hit.
How is a small hitbox something that needs a fix? There are different size hitboxes, that's just normal in "all" fighting games. GA misses 11 all the time himself, he's just a small character.

Error

DF2+R2
How is a small hitbox something that needs a fix? There are different size hitboxes, that's just normal in "all" fighting games. GA misses 11 all the time himself, he's just a small character.
He's ducking an overhead and falling out of the special move after the second hit. Same with WW and Catwoman.

ando1184

Noob
Bane's BF2 special move.
Oh, my bad man I thought you referring to black Adam. I think banes bf2, was just bugged in itself due to NRS way of programming their games. There's always something like that kind of thing but then a patch comes along and fixes it. I'm sure it's addressed already, if the fixed that Aquaman training lex's super, I'm sure they fixed bane's bf2 on small hitbox characters

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Technically, Sinestro's fireball is a mid. I'm not sure if the change will affect it or not. But lol either way GA gets to duck it pretty far away with that elf sized hitbox.

Reactions: 7L

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I like it. Not a bunch you could do to him without putting some stuff at risk in his balance. I dig the Stinger change. MB on block for advantage? Ooh this is gonna get interesting...also, Hurray for the crouch!

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
VERY happy with these, i already thought GA was fine, so we possibly have some frame traps with mb stinger...and i can actually use my zoning strats with his buffed low arrow stance....well happy

Damage on arrows would have been nice, maybe if they did some stuff to his electric arrows to make them useful would have been great to, but the stuff he got I think is going to help him a lot. Mostly the hitbox on crouch arrows though.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Anyone think the advanced controls tweak that is supposed to help inputting specials will help with using GA online? We wont have to go back to neutral off a block to input stuff now.