What's new

Strategy Green Arrow Misconceptions

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I havent been playing him more than a couple of days but he has been fun as hell so far.

I agree that people are not doing things they should be, but that is with every character. People still dont punish catwoman's low whip lol. The game right now is in its infant stages, over time people will learn this stuff.

Although I agree with Red Reaper that GA will stay where he is on the tier chart. He is very versatile.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I was agreeing with you but then you said this: "You also have the overhead option and then you can dash in d1 into bow spin or arrow load."

I agree with a lot of other stuff too though. Just not that.
f2d13 into dash in d1 load arrow or bow spin if you want damage. Whats wrong with it?

Zoidberg747

Why is everyone so infatuated to prove this character isn't "that" good?

Sent from my Nexus 7
The only thing GA mains say is he isnt top tier, which he isnt. He is probably high mid and definitely tourney viable, which is really all that matters.

Not only that, but there has been a lot of misconceptions about him which is why Cossner made the thread. People should probably read this instead of writing off as downplaying and getting owned by GA because they have no idea what they are doing.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
f2d13 into dash in d1 load arrow or bow spin if you want damage. Whats wrong with it?

I misinterpreted what you said, but to be fair you weren't that clear. I thought you meant overhead arrow which would make you plus a bit and then go into D1 ~ Hurricane Bow or Load Arrow, which are unsafe.

I usually do 223~Load Arrow as a follow up to F2D13 Dash for that damage anyway though.

Scoot Magee

I misinterpreted what you said, but to be fair you weren't that clear. I thought you meant overhead arrow which would make you plus a bit and then go into D1 ~ Hurricane Bow or Load Arrow, which are unsafe.

I usually do 223~Load Arrow as a follow up to F2D13 Dash for that damage anyway though.
I should have been more clear. Also I only made the down 1 into whatever suggestion because of the complaint in the original post of f2d13 into 223 being inconsistent.

Espio

Kokomo
This actually helps a lot with learning how to approach Green Arrow as a Hawkgirl player too interestingly enough.

Great write up, we need more things like these for characters.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I should have been more clear. Also I only made the down 1 into whatever suggestion because of the complaint in the original post of f2d13 into 223 being inconsistent.

We probably have the same view of the character..

Good Tools > Good Damage

Though having both is obviously better than having only one.

Scoot Magee

How does this leave you at +10? I thought arrows are +3 to +5.
Apparently it's plus 10 for the low arrow and plus like 26 for the high one but there's so much wrong frame data floating around. I thought low arrow was plus 3 but I was corrected numorous times here.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Apparently it's plus 10 for the low arrow and plus like 26 for the high one but there's so much wrong frame data floating around. I thought low arrow was plus 3 but I was corrected numorous times here.
I would actually like to record and count the frames on them myself, but I don't have the means :(

Using a Super is worthless if the opponent has bars. Damage on the super is low because you can continue the combo afterwards. If the opponent has bars, he can just clash and say fuck you and your family.[/spoiler].
What kind of a silly argument is that lol. All supers in the game are pretty much worthless except for Supes, Green Arrow and a few others. So don't even start with saying "his super is worthless if X". Chris G does B3 into b3/f3 for unclashable damage so it doesn't even matter if they can clash, you just don't let them. And when they can't clash you get a combo into setup or reset.

If GA's super was that bad, I'm sure Chris G wouldn't spend the entire match building meter and keeping it for it.

Cossner said:
Terrible antiair.
Irrelevant because he has one of the best J3s in the game and all characters can/should trip guard instead of D2 in Injustice.

And having the fire arrows blocked is the whole point since they do increased chip. So I'm not sure why you mention it like it's a weakness. Chris G often ends rounds with pure fire arrow zoning and nothing else. GA might not be a strong zoner, but the can effectively control air space and mid-range, so he can still zone pretty well and build meter while doing it.

He's not S+ tier, he's in between mid and top tier.
Then why were you arguing with me when I said just that a couple of weeks ago? lol

LBSH You were all shitting on anyone saying GA was close to if not top 10. And I remember very clearly people like Cossner, Jimmypotato and others saying "it's just Chris G that's very good, not the character". Bitch please. Chris G uses cheap characters in pretty much every game. He wouldn't play GA if he didn't think he was cheap as hell. Point is, it's a combination of both Chris G being godlike and GA being top 10/upper mid.

But anyway, I accept your apology. :)

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
What kind of a silly argument is that lol. All supers in the game are pretty much worthless except for Supes, Green Arrow and a few others. So don't even start with saying "his super is worthless if X". Chris G does B3 into b3/f3 for unclashable damage so it doesn't even matter if they can clash, you just don't let them. And when they can't clash you get a combo into setup or reset.

If GA's super was that bad, I'm sure Chris G wouldn't spend the entire match building meter and keeping it for it.
You're spending 4 bars for 30%+, if your opponent then clashes the combo that follows the super, you'd be making around 5% (if the opponent uses only 2 bars to clash). 5% for 4 bars. LEGIT.

Irrelevant because he has one of the best J3s in the game and all characters can/should trip guard instead of D2 in Injustice.

And having the fire arrows blocked is the whole point since they do increased chip. So I'm not sure why you mention it like it's a weakness. Chris G often ends rounds with pure fire arrow zoning and nothing else. GA might not be a strong zoner, but the can effectively control air space and mid-range, so he can still zone pretty well and build meter while doing it.
Not having a good antiair is irrelevant? Wat? What game have you been playing?
J3 is great, but it loses in air to air trade to a lot of other moves, you pretty much have to use j2 or j1.
You should've said "just mb b3 on reaction". Missed that opportunity.
Also, watch out for that incredible chip damage green arrow can get, for 3 arrows, that's less than 10%.
Then why were you arguing with me when I said just that a couple of weeks ago? lol
Was I? Honestly I can't even remember you, I think you may have confused my posts addressing someone else with yours.
LBSH You were all shitting on anyone saying GA was close to if not top 10. And I remember very clearly people like Cossner, Jimmypotato and others saying "it's just Chris G that's very good, not the character". Bitch please. Chris G uses cheap characters in pretty much every game. He wouldn't play GA if he didn't think really believe he was cheap as hell.
Which is true. Please give me the current tier list according to you.

Chris G this, Chris G that. Do you even play GA? Do you know how to play his match ups at a good level? Do you only based all your opinions in what Chris G did? It seems like it. Maybe you should try taking Chris G's balls out of your mouth before posting.
But anyway, I accept your apology. :)
What? Oh yeah I forgot I'm quoting this http://mkservertrash.com/all_server_trash2.php?98

Scoot Magee

You're spending 4 bars for 30%+, if your opponent then clashes the combo that follows the super, you'd be making around 5% (if the opponent uses only 2 bars to clash). 5% for 4 bars. LEGIT.

Not having a good antiair is irrelevant? Wat? What game have you been playing?
J3 is great, but it loses in air to air trade to a lot of other moves, you pretty much have to use j2 or j1.
Also, watch out for that incredible chip damage green arrow can get, for 3 arrows, that's less than 10%.

Was I? Honestly I can't even remember you, I think you may have confused my posts addressing someone else with yours.

Which is true. Chris G this, Chris G that. Do you even play GA? Do you know how to play his match ups at a good level? Do you only based all your opinions in what Chris G did? It seems like it. Maybe you should try taking Chris G's balls out of your mouth before posting.

What? Oh yeah I forgot I'm quoting this http://mkservertrash.com/all_server_trash2.php?98
Honestly I never get clashed as an arrow player. I make it a point to only do unclashable enders to the super as well as unclashable combos towards the end of a match. If you're not doing that then you're playing GA wrong IMO.

Getting jumped on has never really been a problem for me at all and this is all experience before the d2 buffs, I haven't even really played at all since the new patch came out so i don't know how much better d2 is. If I knew a jump was coming though I was able to use d2 or his up trait arrow on read. Really that's not why I didn't have a problem with jump ins though. As GA you need to have the right spacing depending on the match up. If you play right you can pretty much always jump back 3 air to air. You can even use savage blast as an escape/AA.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Getting jumped on has never really been a problem for me at all and this is all experience before the d2 buffs, I haven't even really played at all since the new patch came out so i don't know how much better d2 is. If I knew a jump was coming though I was able to use d2 or his up trait arrow on read. Really that's not why I didn't have a problem with jump ins though. As GA you need to have the right spacing depending on the match up. If you play right you can pretty much always jump back 3 air to air. You can even use savage blast as an escape/AA.
The best way to deal with jumps while using GA is savage blast, if you're not in range, just dash under and F2d13 as he lands.

After the patch his D2 got a better hitbox, but still need to be used on reads, but it doesn't miss so much as before.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Honestly I never get clashed as an arrow player. I make it a point to only do unclashable enders to the super as well as unclashable combos towards the end of a match. If you're not doing that then you're playing GA wrong IMO.
They force you to do that. But then, the super damage is pretty much ass if you do that. Super damage is low on purpose, if you can't follow up then what's the point? (then again, if the opponent doesn't have bars it's great).
The best way to deal with jumps while using GA is savage blast, if you're not in range, just dash under and F2d13 as he lands.

After the patch his D2 got a better hitbox, but still need to be used on reads, but it doesn't miss so much as before.
I agree with the Savage Blast.
But after you play Aquaman, and you get ez mode 35%+ every time some fool jumps at you, you get a little bit depressed.

-LD50-

In a relationship with Killer Frost
How is using super worthless if the opponent had bars? With b3s and f3s afterwards if adds up to a fucking ridiculous amount of unclashable damage...

You can't clash late into your 2nd bar in this MU

Zoidberg747

They force you to do that. But then, the super damage is pretty much ass if you do that. Super damage is low on purpose, if you can't follow up then what's the point? (then again, if the opponent doesn't have bars it's great).

I agree with the Savage Blast.
But after you play Aquaman, and you get ez mode 35%+ every time some fool jumps at you, you get a little bit depressed.
If the opponent has bars and you have a significant lifelead I will sometimes do the super to make them clash. Sure it gives them health back but they just wasted all their meter and I still have the lifelead(This is when I am on the first bar and they are on the 2nd btw).

I do agree with you that the super unclashable damage becomes ass off of anything into ice arrow(scales down so much :() but off of anything that doesnt use ice arrow it is pretty good(around 43-46% unclashable). The super seems best for ending out the match, imo.

As for the Aquaman point, to be fair 90% of the cast can't get nearly as much off an AA as Aqua lol.