What's new

Strategy Green Arrow Misconceptions

Green Arrow's super is nothing to brag about. The only way to utilize it is off of calculated setups usually involving an ice arrow, and the only way it does any halfway decent damage is off of a damage scaling reset situation because his ice arrows which are pretty much his go to option for combos ironically scale damage to the equivalent of a pin prick. You can get unclashable damage but you're sacrificing damage output. May sound petty to all of you who play braindead characters that can get more than Green Arrow can with a super with just a few button presses and one bar. And the "he can combo after it" strawman arguement is BS. Harley Quinn can combo after hers as well and look at the massive damage her super does, it nearly doesnt scale at all, she can push 60% in certain situations.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Green Arrow's super is nothing to brag about. The only way to utilize it is off of calculated setups usually involving an ice arrow, and the only way it does any halfway decent damage is off of a damage scaling reset situation because his ice arrows which are pretty much his go to option for combos ironically scale damage to the equivalent of a pin prick. You can get unclashable damage but you're sacrificing damage output. May sound petty to all of you who play braindead characters that can get more than Green Arrow can with a super with just a few button presses and one bar. And the "he can combo after it" strawman arguement is BS. Harley Quinn can combo after hers as well and look at the massive damage her super does, it nearly doesnt scale at all, she can push 60% in certain situations.
His super is one of the best in the game imo. How many characters can do over 40% of unbreakable damage? There's really not much to landing the reset unscaled after an ice arrow. You just have to be careful against characters like superman.

Reactions: 7L

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I just want to throw this out there. GA doesn't need his load time shortened, he doesn't need more damage on his green arrows and honestly he doesn't need a boost in combo damage. Sure he would shoot to the top if he got those things but really any high mid character shouldn't be changed, it makes no sense.

On his normal arrow trait. It's the most misunderstood tool GA has imo. It deals 1% damage but damage is not the purpose. They give a ton of advantage and knock down air born players. On hit you load an arrow for free, on knock down you can set up a free interactable or close the distance and up close it leaves you at enough advantage to totally mind fuck people. F2d1 low arrow, f2d13, and b2 low arrow. Mix all that with grabs and ect. and his pressure up close is amazing. Once people learn how to deal with that you can play all types of mind games.

I mentioned this shit before but I want people to see it.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
What kind of a silly argument is that lol. All supers in the game are pretty much worthless except for Supes, Green Arrow and a few others. So don't even start with saying "his super is worthless if X". Chris G does B3 into b3/f3 for unclashable damage so it doesn't even matter if they can clash, you just don't let them. And when they can't clash you get a combo into setup or reset.

If GA's super was that bad, I'm sure Chris G wouldn't spend the entire match building meter and keeping it for it.

Irrelevant because he has one of the best J3s in the game and all characters can/should trip guard instead of D2 in Injustice.

And having the fire arrows blocked is the whole point since they do increased chip. So I'm not sure why you mention it like it's a weakness. Chris G often ends rounds with pure fire arrow zoning and nothing else. GA might not be a strong zoner, but the can effectively control air space and mid-range, so he can still zone pretty well and build meter while doing it.

Then why were you arguing with me when I said just that a couple of weeks ago? lol

LBSH You were all shitting on anyone saying GA was close to if not top 10.
Who exactly is included in this "all" ?

And I remember very clearly people like Cossner, Jimmypotato and others saying "it's just Chris G that's very good, not the character". Bitch please. Chris G uses cheap characters in pretty much every game. He wouldn't play GA if he didn't think he was cheap as hell. Point is, it's a combination of both Chris G being godlike and GA being top 10/upper mid.

He stuck with Reptile in MK..

From my understanding. He uses GA because he likes him. But when GA doesn't kut it (not komfortable with the match up etc.) he switches..

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I just want to throw this out there. GA doesn't need his load time shortened, he doesn't need more damage on his green arrows and honestly he doesn't need a boost in combo damage. Sure he would shoot to the top if he got those things but really any high mid character shouldn't be changed, it makes no sense.

On his normal arrow trait. It's the most misunderstood tool GA has imo. It deals 1% damage but damage is not the purpose. They give a ton of advantage and knock down air born players. On hit you load an arrow for free, on knock down you can set up a free interactable or close the distance and up close it leaves you at enough advantage to totally mind fuck people. F2d1 low arrow, f2d13, and b2 low arrow. Mix all that with grabs and ect. and his pressure up close is amazing. Once people learn how to deal with that you can play all types of mind games.

I mentioned this shit before but I want people to see it.

I would have liked low arrow and/or overhead arrow to be more plus to allow for an Arrow load in that Deathstoke match up, but I agree on everything else.

SODA n SOAP

OOOGMF
After D1 ice, b3, j3 , I have problems landing 223. Can anyone offer any tips on how to land the 223 more consistently? Thanks in advance.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
J3 223 does not jail and if you block J3 you can interupt the follow up. NO ONE DOES THIS, except a couple friends I play with.

That's why I've spent all the time I've played him against the AI/have yet to use him against humans.
So I know before I walk into the fight what I can and can't get away with.

Having the 4 Arrows means he doesn't really need to burn meter for anything but his Super and Clashes.
That's another reason his Super is so useful; most characters have more important uses and moves for their bars, so it makes going for the Super seem pointless, but since GA doesn't have any spectacular MB moves to speak of except maybe 2x Savage Blast, it makes playing for the Super into the unclashable damage his most feared setup, especially on the second life bar.

Don't sleep on Oliver.

7L

Heads up!
Well when the game was new and people didn't look into things, I thought he was bad.

After a lot of working with him and finding new tech and what not, he's good. He can keep up with the top 5 but he does have to work. If you want an auto pilot, he's not the character to play. Also, many people are sleeping on GA. They thing chris g is just chris g. But there's much more to him. Hopefull Scoot will be at Summer Jam so I can talk a little GA with him

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Well when the game was new and people didn't look into things, I thought he was bad.

After a lot of working with him and finding new tech and what not, he's good. He can keep up with the top 5 but he does have to work. If you want an auto pilot, he's not the character to play. Also, many people are sleeping on GA. They thing chris g is just chris g. But there's much more to him. Hopefull Scoot will be at Summer Jam so I can talk a little GA with him

Yeah, my opinion of him hasn't changed from my post on the first page..

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

I approve this message

Icebaby

Ice Queen

Anyone remember when people thought Reptile wasn't that good in MK9 because they thought it was just Chris G? Then later down the road it was discovered Reptile was easily top 10...

History repeating itself.

ando1184

Noob
After D1 ice, b3, j3 , I have problems landing 223. Can anyone offer any tips on how to land the 223 more consistently? Thanks in advance.
After jump 3 hold forward for a split second then 223, u should see GA take a half step. It's very easy and consistent once u get the timing down

Anyone remember when people thought Reptile wasn't that good in MK9 because they thought it was just Chris G? Then later down the road it was discovered Reptile was easily top 10...

History repeating itself.
the inverse is what happened. On he beginning people thought he was one of the best and then he slipped dow the list.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
His damage isnt that bad I can drop 53 percent with two bars. You wanna see ass damage? Try playing with scorpion now after all the rediculous nerfs.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
this. not only am i a GA main but also a fellow mexican, so i'm extra disappointed in you Cossner.

as for GA... please buff the fucking hitbox on standing 1. that's all i want pls and thx.
Thats what Im saying bro, my s1 whiffs all day, especially on the females in the cast.

ando1184

Noob
His damage isnt that bad I can drop 53 percent with two bars. You wanna see ass damage? Try playing with scorpion now after all the rediculous nerfs.

Explain plz, are you using interactables? Is this DMG corner only?

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Explain plz, are you using interactables? Is this DMG corner only?
The particular one im talking about is corner with no interactables. In my experience it seems that green arrow is more of a strategic / reset character, damage with him really doesnt seem to be a problem. Its all about making your opponent guess if your next ice arrow will be low, high, or overhead and juking them to land one of the above. He really is a fun dude to play, I might main him.

The thing with Green Arrow is he is just as effective on the first life bar as he is the second. Some characters, particularly those who rely on multi-hit punishes and BNB's, greatly reduce in power on the second life bar due to the clash. In addition to this, Green Arrow's super can be tacked on top of his regular play style for even more unclashable damage.

HarmTheHomeless

How2GetAnSTD
I made my thread for people just like this who try so hard to prove green arrow sucks. Go on with that bullshit. how the fuck does 45% NO meter suck?