What's new

Green Arrow General Discussion Thread

Once people learn the way the strings looks it'll probably be extremely easy to react to. Though b23 is plus on block so hey they can block it all day for all I care.
I'm also worried about the gaps though. Thatll probably be an issue once the game has been out for a bit aswell

Thank God we still stay low when shooting low arrows btw, seems like he'll make for a very decent anti zoner. I remember the days in the first injustice where he'd be counted as standing when firing arrows. It was the worst.

TimTim

Don't Hate
For combos why aren't people doing ji2 after a standing freeze?
I find it way more consistent to back up a bit load then ji2 rather than freeze load backup jump.

Also in corner it's probably far from optimized but looking at chris g you can do a df2 into 111 > 4 (electric or regular arrow) into 111 df1.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I've been getting solid damage by adding 33 and 113 up arrows to corner juggles.

Arrows slide is definitely not a viable wake up option. Savage blast gets stuffed by anything with a little range. Hurricane bow has too much start up, that's probably the issue with slide as well.

I think we may have to worry about batmans parry if it's 1 frame. I'm assuming he can also release bats during the gap as well which would be terrible. Only 2 strings don't have holes in them.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I've been getting solid damage by adding 33 and 113 up arrows to corner juggles.

Arrows slide is definitely not a viable wake up option. Savage blast gets stuffed by anything with a little range. Hurricane bow has too much start up, that's probably the issue with slide as well.

I think we may have to worry about batmans parry if it's 1 frame. I'm assuming he can also release bats during the gap as well which would be terrible. Only 2 strings don't have holes in them.
I haven't tested his trait but I tested all the strings against Batman's parry...
He kan parry in between the B23 string, after the first hit and after the second hit, so pretty much anywhere in the string. He kan also parry right before the last hit in the 113 string, but if he for some reason is trying to do that, we kan just use 111 to beat his parry.

I also tested stuffing Arrow's wake up options and it seem like Savage Blast has a different timing to stuff than slide. Slide feels like it has the same timing as hurricane bow though...

Btw, what korner kombos are you guys doing? I haven't practiced any so if I remember, I just do the starter into 33 db1 33 slide or something similar.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
This talk about oki reminded me of how we were able to stuff Aquaman's wakeups in Injustice 1, if we were on point. So I decided to try and find good oki on Aquaman and it looks just as difficult as last time but it works.

I had Aquaman set to roll and then wake up trident rush but as you kan tell B23 is an untechable knockdown. This first one is with an ice arrow and no meter.
This next one is with meter but no ice arrow.

Last edited:

cyke_out

Noob
This talk about oki reminded me of how we were able to stuff Aquaman's wakeups in Injustice 1, if we were on point. So I decided to try and find good oki on Aquaman and it looks just as difficult as last time but it works.

I had Aquaman set to roll and then wake up trident rush but as you kan tell B23 is an untechable knockdown.
A certain individual who goes by a name I , a long suffering falcons fan, will never type or say, posted a video showing how all of aquamans wake ups get blown up by neutral jump except for mb water shield.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
A certain individual who goes by a name I , a long suffering falcons fan, will never type or say, posted a video showing how all of aquamans wake ups get blown up by neutral jump except for mb water shield.
That's good to know if I'm not feeling solid with this, but I'd rather bully him on knockdown if I kan... Kan he D2 you though? I'm going to test that, I'm pretty sure he kan back dash a neutral jump but I'm not sure he kan backdash the kind of meaty setups I posted.

Scoot Magee

I'm at work right now, I'll check out those vids once I get a chance.

I remember Arrow had good anti wake up vs black adam. If I would d1 the invincible frames of the wake up I could cancel into savage blast and punish it. This would work on any similar stationary wake up attacks. Hopefully it can bee applied in this game as well.

In the corner I do f2d13 33 xx up arrow 111 mb slide and some others. I gotta retest and see what the best option were. Been spending too much time playing people.

I'm at work right now, I'll check out those vids once I get a chance.

I remember Arrow had good anti wake up vs black adam. If I would d1 the invincible frames of the wake up I could cancel into savage blast and punish it. This would work on any similar stationary wake up attacks. Hopefully it can bee applied in this game as well.

In the corner I do f2d13 33 xx up arrow 111 mb slide and some others. I gotta retest and see what the best option were. Been spending too much time playing people.
I believe this tech worked on every wake up didn't it? D1 would act as the move that soaked up the wake ups invincibility and savage blast didn't have to worry about the invincibility. I know I remember for sure it working well on black Adam, but I believe it worked on others too.
And you can do b23 instead of 33 in that corner combos for more damage if I'm not mistaken.

Scoot Magee

I believe this tech worked on every wake up didn't it? D1 would act as the move that soaked up the wake ups invincibility and savage blast didn't have to worry about the invincibility. I know I remember for sure it working well on black Adam, but I believe it worked on others too.
And you can do b23 instead of 33 in that corner combos for more damage if I'm not mistaken.
Yeah, it would function the same way on every wake up but it was only useful for some.

For the corner I noticed extra damage from b23xx up arrow but I was able to land 33xx up arrow a lot more consistently.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
Didnt they say in the gear watchtower stream that GA has a hood as one of his head customizations? Has anyone managed to get one of those yet? I literally have over 15 heads for him but theyre all hats or headsets haha.

Didnt they say in the gear watchtower stream that GA has a hood as one of his head customizations? Has anyone managed to get one of those yet? I literally have over 15 heads for him but theyre all hats or headsets haha.
I haven't got a hood either but I swear they said you can get one

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
I've started to play some Green Arrow now that I feel comfortable with Robin. I wanted to know what Green Arrow can get off of D2 since that seems to be the best punishing launcher without meter or an arrow (let me know if I am wrong here though).

Altsa

Have you found additional uses for Boxing Glove Arrow?

It is +4 on block but it has a lot of pushback. Midscreen you only reach your opponent with 13 frame f2 so that is hardly worth a bar. The pushback is a bit less if you use low shot and allows you to reach with standing 2 depending on the combo string you used before the arrow(e.g. 2,2~low boxing glove 2,2 works)

In the corner it pushes you away on block. It also seems like it's almost impossible to use it in combos. In K&M's "What has changed with Green Arrow" video it could be used in corner combos but that no longer seems to work. Now it puts the opponent in weird "un-juggleable" flying state. I say almost impossible since you can sometimes link a d1 after the arrow but it feels very inconsistent.

So it seems like just a hard hitting projectile that sends your opponent full screen on hit.

Have you found additional uses for Boxing Glove Arrow?

It is +4 on block but it has a lot of pushback. Midscreen you only reach your opponent with 13 frame f2 so that is hardly worth a bar. The pushback is a bit less if you use low shot and allows you to reach with standing 2 depending on the combo string you used before the arrow(e.g. 2,2~low boxing glove 2,2 works)

In the corner it pushes you away on block. It also seems like it's almost impossible to use it in combos. In K&M's "What has changed with Green Arrow" video it could be used in corner combos but that no longer seems to work. Now it puts the opponent in weird "un-juggleable" flying state. I say almost impossible since you can sometimes link a d1 after the arrow but it feels very inconsistent.

So it seems like just a hard hitting projectile that sends your opponent full screen on hit.
It still corner combos, its just very hard to do. I thought so originally as well. It's hard to explain but let's say you do in the corner 111xxdf2 111xxboxingglove 11 slide. You want to make sure the 111 after the df2 is done as late as possible so your opponent is as low to the gground as possible. The boxing glove arrow seems to kind of lift your opponent up to a certain hights before hitting the wall and becoming uncombo-able. So if they're already past that certain height you won't be able to hit them.

I've gotten the combo to work on bane like in the video and supes. It's like I said extremely hard to do.

Also if I'm not mistaken(I'm not on the game atm) doing a low boxing won't help, it has to be a standing arrow.

Has anyone noticed that when you have an arrow equiped and you clash or maybe even do a transition you lose your loaded arrow? That can't be how that's meant to work right?
This has to be a bug. I've noticed it aswell. Also happens when you get hit by a super. Thing is it happens to all characters. Poor scarecrows players lol