What's new

Green Arrow General Discussion Thread

Anyone having any tricky matchups? I had a hard time against black Adam, dead shot, darkseid, and cheetah. Other than those four I've been having a fairly reasonable good time against the rest of the cast

Anyone having any tricky matchups? I had a hard time against black Adam, dead shot, darkseid, and cheetah. Other than those four I've been having a fairly reasonable good time against the rest of the cast
The only character I really struggle with is batman. The rest of the cast I haven't had too many problems, although I do feel like I haven't played too many good players so I don't feel comfortable talking about match ups.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Last night I was playing and think I noticed a bug. I equipped a boxing arrow and had 3 bars after. I managed to build another bar while having the boxing arrow stocked. The other player initiated a clash and I lost a full bar of meter and the boxing glove arrow. I know the arrow stock goes away during clash and transition but the bar of meter that just went away isn't normal. I'm at work right now, can anyone try to replicate this?

Last night I was playing and think I noticed a bug. I equipped a boxing arrow and had 3 bars after. I managed to build another bar while having the boxing arrow stocked. The other player initiated a clash and I lost a full bar of meter and the boxing glove arrow. I know the arrow stock goes away during clash and transition but the bar of meter that just went away isn't normal. I'm at work right now, can anyone try to replicate this?
I've been trying for about 20 minutes and can't replicate it. I've tried having the opponent wager different amounts of meter and everything. Is there anything else that could be a factor?? Maybe the character you were against?

Scoot Magee

I've been trying for about 20 minutes and can't replicate it. I've tried having the opponent wager different amounts of meter and everything. Is there anything else that could be a factor?? Maybe the character you were against?
I was arrow vs super girl and I believe I was player 2. I had 4 bars of meter when I loaded a boxing glove, I put it away and built up another bar while fighting. As soon as he activated the clash my 4th bar disappeared.

It's possible that my mind was just fucking with me but I'm pretty sure it happened.

What do you guys do against Deadshot? I tried trading projectiles last night which should theoretically give GA the advantage since I can duck air shots while shooting arrows but up close I actually think DS has better buttons than GA. Anyone who knows GA's strings knows that he doesn't have an overhead. I can't seem to open people up other than with grabs.

The only character I really struggle with is batman. The rest of the cast I haven't had too many problems, although I do feel like I haven't played too many good players so I don't feel comfortable talking about match ups.
Batman seems like a better matchup now. I've been catching the cross ups with sky alert. And when they try zoning, fire and electric arrows beat his batterangs at full screen. When they go for a MB roll from midscreen do a forward dash (with your arrow out) to punish or d1 them
Other than that, know when to block and when to punish

Darkseid is actually a pretty decent one in GA's favor in my opinion. You can duck omega beams and shoot arrows at full screen all day. After that it just becomes a matter of baiting teleports which you KNOW they're gonna do and from then you have a couple of AA options. I haven't met a Darkseid that's given me any trouble I couldn't get out of.

I was arrow vs super girl and I believe I was player 2. I had 4 bars of meter when I loaded a boxing glove, I put it away and built up another bar while fighting. As soon as he activated the clash my 4th bar disappeared.

It's possible that my mind was just fucking with me but I'm pretty sure it happened.
I can't replicate it. I've tried different stages, different strings, and different amounts of meter wagered.

What do you guys do against Deadshot? I tried trading projectiles last night which should theoretically give GA the advantage since I can duck air shots while shooting arrows but up close I actually think DS has better buttons than GA. Anyone who knows GA's strings knows that he doesn't have an overhead. I can't seem to open people up other than with grabs.
I shoot A LOT of fire arrows. Up close I push block him away so I don't have to deal with his mix ups. I open people up by grabbing a lot, I go for grabs and plus frames more than overhead/low stuff personally.

TheKingsAutopsy

The Bow, The Bird
I feel like until we find some crazy tech for him he's still low-mid tier unfortunately. It seems bullying him out with good rushdown and good zoning is very much possible as he lacks a good wake-up and his projectiles can't be spammed.

I feel like until we find some crazy tech for him he's still low-mid tier unfortunately. It seems bullying him out with good rushdown and good zoning is very much possible as he lacks a good wake-up and his projectiles can't be spammed.

I wouldn't put him in any tier yet. He's still got enough zoning to keep out half the cast. He's very weak in the corner on wake ups but you can savage blast or slide midscreen. His normals are...ok. Without an overhead you're looking at having a bit of a tough time really opening people up. I think he's meant to be mostly a defensive character who can get some decent punishes.

I can't think of a single character who zones Green Arrow except maybe Deadshot and that's not necessarily true as long as you can find space to get your fire arrows up.

From what I've played I can't really think of anybody in the cast who really demolishes him. Lots of 5-5s.

Scoot Magee

I wouldn't be quick to say where he is on the tier list but it's safe to say he's technically improved version of what he used to be.

Also to avoid the corner MB roll can be your best friend. I think if you stay out of the corner Arrow can hold his own against anyone really. I don't have a ton of match experience but I haven't played any matches where it felt hopeless.

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's
Can anyone offfer advice on the bane matchup? I feel like nothing reached bane after his charge or his elbow

Scoot Magee

Or with the right timing you can jump and use his air downward arrows. Sometimes the damage hurts even when the armor absorbs it. If he's close to debuff it's a good idea but if he still has venom I think it's better to avoid the damage.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I wouldn't be quick to say where he is on the tier list but it's safe to say he's technically improved version of what he used to be.

Also to avoid the corner MB roll can be your best friend. I think if you stay out of the corner Arrow can hold his own against anyone really. I don't have a ton of match experience but I haven't played any matches where it felt hopeless.
And if you do get kornered, you have D1 into MB Stinger for that push back. Or D1 into Savage Blast for those plus frames.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Can anyone offfer advice on the bane matchup? I feel like nothing reached bane after his charge or his elbow
I just MB b3 his charge instead of blocking it
This is a great idea because most bane players don't go level 3 venom any way
You kan also jump over it even after you shot an arrow, unless you shot the arrow pretty late. I time my neutral jump if he charged from far away, time my jump back if he charged from mid range, or mb b3 if he was fairly klose when I shot the arrow. You kan also just block it, he doesn't get much out of it.

If you're really on point you kan b3 punish into a kombo after his elbow. Otherwise, you kan reversal hurricane bow if you're not on point. I don't remember if F2 reaches, but it's -29 so you kan probably inch forward a little by walking and then F2.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
The little changes made to GA make him a much more enjoyable character to play.
Pretty much the opposite of WW and GL.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
D1 stinger is such a pain in the ass on alternate controls.
Yeah. I never played on alternate kontrols in Injustice 1 for that reason. I wanted to though because I used to hate getting Up Haven Blast when I was trying to F2 punish after duck blocking... I play on hitbox now though so it's less of an issue. We kan also punish with Hurricane Bow for those ranged punishes even though it's a little slower.

D1 Stinger is also better now because D1 Savage Blast doesn't kombo anymore.

How are you guys handling superman? I haven't even played one online yet, but I'm playing with him now and it seems like he's gonna destroy arrow again