What's new

Question - Sub-Zero Got the game early, q&a about Subzero moveset etc(no story spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I know its particularly Day One or so but does Sub play or feel a bit faster or more mobile compared to a Scorpion or Kitana? Dear God I hope so.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
ferra troll

f dash slightly worse than banes, extremely good

piss poor backdash, its almost exactly like SF4 oni backdash

standing 4 even is cammy's st mk " look at my ass"

F2 is a low scoop that changes sides

long range d1, bows down for the chick to stab you

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I know its particularly Day One or so but does Sub play or feel a bit faster or more mobile compared to a Scorpion or Kitana? Dear God I hope so.
sub has good dashes, amazing slide, great f42
Any info on the interactbles would be great, what links, startups etc
feels slightly faster than injustice but that was just one thing i happened to throw by accident, there are no long ass hurl this thing at you animations e.g atlantis glass ball

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
Can you check if the command grabs for Commando Kano are blockable?

I know I asked about subs already, but the theory is either only grab special variants are unblockable or they are all blockable. I need info on both types to test the theory

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
@Qwark28 Hey, thanks a ton for answering these questions! I've got a few more Takeda questions if you don't mind.

1) Does it look like he has any viable wakeups?

2) Does it look like he has any decent mind games with teleport-cancels or is the start-up too slow?

3) Do the kunai's track, or do they go a set distance?

4) Does his air-teleport come out at a set height, or at the height of his jump? Can he instant-air teleport (and is there a reason he would want to)? Is tge whiff recover on air-teleport low enough to use it as a pressure tool?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
@Qwark28 Hey, thanks a ton for answering these questions! I've got a few more Takeda questions if you don't mind.

1) Does it look like he has any viable wakeups?

2) Does it look like he has any decent mind games with teleport-cancels or is the start-up too slow?

3) Do the kunai's track, or do they go a set distance?

4) Does his air-teleport come out at a set height, or at the height of his jump? Can he instant-air teleport (and is there a reason he would want to)? Is tge whiff recover on air-teleport low enough to use it as a pressure tool?
set distance

didnt try air, didnt try wakeup but doesnt look like it

he can delay t port so im sure he has good shit
Can you check if the command grabs for Commando Kano are blockable?

I know I asked about subs already, but the theory is either only grab special variants are unblockable or they are all blockable. I need info on both types to test the theory
ex grabs are unblockable i believe, will test

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
ferra torr has 8f s1 which is slow

6f d3 fastest ive seen among all chars so fun, -1 on block + 14 on hit and +13 cancel adv, his pokes look very good compared to most

f3 is -2 overhead 14f startup, deceivingly safe on whiff

has a faster bane charge with a shorter warning where he takes tora off his shoulder to tackle you, ex has toraa/ferra/gollum whatever stabbing you

Wetdoba

All too easy...
ferra troll

f dash slightly worse than banes, extremely good

piss poor backdash, its almost exactly like SF4 oni backdash

standing 4 even is cammy's st mk " look at my ass"

F2 is a low scoop that changes sides

long range d1, bows down for the chick to stab you
What is the frame data on the the d1? Just start up, block adv and hit adv

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
As an overall, would you say the combos, strings, cancels etc are easier/harder/same as mk9 as far as execution? Sometimes when I see strings they appear more jerky and quick and less natural looking than mk9. Scorpions 111 for example is super smooth in mk9 but his 11? strings in mkx look a tad off to me for some reason. Maybe im making stuff up.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
As an overall, would you say the combos, strings, cancels etc are easier/harder/same as mk9 as far as execution? Sometimes when I see strings they appear more jerky and quick and less natural looking than mk9. Scorpions 111 for example is super smooth in mk9 but his 11? strings in mkx look a tad off to me for some reason. Maybe im making stuff up.
super easy, no execution issues

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
CO-KANO

choke, even ex ,is blockable
block animation possibly the best thing i have ever seen, he legit looks like his fist'd go right through your neck if you didnt block

rib strike throw is always unblockable, ex does more dmg

dash/backdash an exact copy of flash but even better

upball extremely bad on whiff

D3 - 7START -2 BLK
D1 - 8 START -8 BLK 25 HIT
D4 - 7 START -6F BLK +18 HIT

Status
Not open for further replies.