What's new

Question - Sub-Zero Got the game early, q&a about Subzero moveset etc(no story spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Sand grenade 22F -5 176 RECOVERY, CLOSE/FAR
CALTROPS CLOSE/FAR 39F -46 301 ACTIVE 294 RECOVER
SAND SLIDE 16F 14 ACT 28 REC -24 +27 HIT
EX SLIDE -5 BLOCK -3 HIT
SAND GUST 18/O BLK/4 ACT/25REC/+40 HIT, EX=HIGHER DMG

which character?
no pls

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
lol poor @Qwark28. Guess I'll ask a question. What is the highest damaging combo you have discovered with the run function? No details are needed just the %.
41% QQmancer subzero, run is vital in this game.
I mean which character do YOU think is really really so far from what you seen while playing the game
I can't possibly know. I know subzero is an amazing character with tons of potential. Everyone else looks great as well with some being better than others at a speculation e.g takeda

Bar_Bar13

Friendly Neighborhood Spectre
Can you combo specials of the last hit in a string? For example in MK9, Scorpion's 111 string had to be cancelled to spear on the second hit, not the third, or it wouldn't combo. They changed that in Injustice, so is it the same in MK9 or Injustice?

@Qwark28

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Can you combo specials of the last hit in a string? For example in MK9, Scorpion's 111 string had to be cancelled to spear on the second hit, not the third, or it wouldn't combo. They changed that in Injustice, so is it the same in MK9 or Injustice?

@Qwark28
That was never changed for injustice, nor has it changed for MKX. It's the same.

if a normal has enough cancel advantage it will link into a special move, some strings naturally have more frame advantage at either the first, second, third, fourth hit and so on and so forth. The one with the most advantage in combination with hitbox is the one most suitable to cancel often.

@Bar_Bar13 edited post

Bar_Bar13

Friendly Neighborhood Spectre
That was never changed for injustice, nor has it changed for MKX. It's the same.

if a normal has enough cancel advantage it will link into a special move, some strings naturally have more frame advantage at either the first, second, third, fourth hit and so on and so forth. The one with the most advantage in combination with hitbox is the one most suitable to cancel often.

@Bar_Bar13 edited post
Thanks for clarifying. Seems like I'm a filthy casual after all :(

Roob

CryoMaster
I just wanted to clarify this, do projectiles make contact with SubZero's Ice Klones at all, stationary or while being thrown at your opponent?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Thanks for clarifying. Seems like I'm a filthy casual after all :(
if you want a more handheld example, pick joker in igau and try cancelling his 21 string into a mb gas can

the 1 in 21 is a sequence of 2 slashes, one of the 2 slashes has more hit stun and cancel advantage while the other has almost none

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I just wanted to clarify this, do projectiles make contact with SubZero's Ice Klones at all, stationary or while being thrown at your opponent?
All versions of the clone can nullify up to one projectile

EX iceball itself will destroy any projectile on contact while never fading away

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
@Qwark28 last question. Does cancelling a run leave you at advantage? Meaning, could I cancel a run into a + move/string and be able to run again and cancel?

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
if you do a string on block and run cancel you can be punished unless MAYBE its 0 on block and you cancel instantly
ooo that's good to know, sir. At least there won't be some absurd Kabal pressure with the run function. Thx for answering my questions even if the frame data changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.