What's new

Question - Sub-Zero Got the game early, q&a about Subzero moveset etc(no story spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i dont understand what you trying to say. all i said is subtitute the jab into 123 slide in the corner combo with b21 slide. does 1% more. has nothing to do with set ups lol
What I'm repeating is that 123 creates setups after the slide knockdown due to string's juggle properties. B12 does not.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Im interested in this, so there are ways to increase the frames your opponent is knocked down?
The higher height you hit your opponent out of with a move causing a hard knockdown, the longer the duration they're downed for. Joker in IGAU used this concept to apply unblockable 100% combos.

F4,2 clone in the corner is my favorite day one block set up. You can either b2 or dash up low afterwards. If b2 hits, they land on clone and you get a neutral jump 1 combo.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
F4,2 clone in the corner is my favorite day one block set up. You can either b2 or dash up low afterwards. If b2 hits, they land on clone and you get a neutral jump 1 combo.
This only happens if they get hit by a normal cancelled into clone and from certain distances. It means you missed a hit confirm.

loogie

Noob
This only happens if they get hit by a normal cancelled into clone and from certain distances. It means you missed a hit confirm.
after a blocked f42 clone or a d4 clone in the corner, if you hit opponent with slide they land (toes touch the clone) and they freeze.
pretty sure slide also lands them in the clone.

Last edited:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
after a blocked f42 clone or a d4 clone in the corner, if you hit opponent with slide they land (toes touch the clone) and they freeze.
Go to practice mode and check again. It's F42 on hit, block pushes you back so the clone can't freeze.

Roob

CryoMaster
The higher height you hit your opponent out of with a move causing a hard knockdown, the longer the duration they're downed for. Joker in IGAU used this concept to apply unblockable 100% combos.
so a higher altitude juggle will cause a hard knockdown rendering them unable to wake up or tech roll right away, potentially allowing you to follow up an perhaps force them up with either a low, overhead or mid perhaps????????

Roob

CryoMaster
i would love to learn this for some better corner pressuring on characters with safe wake up tp's and nullifying any wake ups so i can continue keeping them trapped

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
so a higher altitude juggle will cause a hard knockdown rendering them unable to wake up or tech roll right away, potentially allowing you to follow up an perhaps force them up with either a low, overhead or mid perhaps????????
that's not how hard knockdowns work. They can wake up, they can't tech roll.

What long hard knockdown would do is give you more time to better position the clone.

Roob

CryoMaster
that's not how hard knockdowns work. They can wake up, they can't tech roll.

What long hard knockdown would do is give you more time to better position the clone.
so there's a delay in their tech rolls or wake ups? couldnt the time being used to set up a better positioned klone be used to sprint up on your opponent and some how force him up before he could even wake up?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
so there's a delay in their tech rolls or wake ups? couldnt the time being used to set up a better positioned klone be used to sprint up on your opponent and some how force him up before he could even wake up?
You can't tech roll out of a hard knockdown, that's the hard knockdown's primary function and reason it's called that.

You always want to set up a clone, and no.

Roob

CryoMaster
You can't tech roll out of a hard knockdown, that's the hard knockdown's primary function and reason it's called that.

You always want to set up a clone, and no.
mmmmmmmmm alright thanks, sorry but just to clarify, they can still wake up after a hard knockdown?

i understand i need to set up a klone but against characters with wake up tp's, setting up klones have been leaving me open to the tp and allowing them to get out.

im trying to find a technique that would stop them from using their wake up tp's completely (other then just waiting for the wake up and blocking) because if i went straight for setting up a klone the wake up tp's still connect with me

Status
Not open for further replies.