What's new

Got it early, anything you wanna know? (Non story related)

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
@TrulyAmiracle , I am certain you know by now. But in order to save time assigning special moves that are in tournament variations, go to each character's abilities, tap 1, and select the variations with the trophies.
yes someone mentioned it a few pages back, once I knew I just went and immediately changed all of them to the tourney ones so I don't have to go there again. Sucks that I had to do that but better than nothing I guess.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Alright some more abilities

Kollector abilities

Certrion abilities

Noob abilities

Kotal's sicklessss

Subzero bootleg clone testing

You can also set it up while they're frozen from iceball, then jump over and force them into, -8 if they block it.
OMG Thank YOU so much!!
So his clone is back and viable? How good are his normals? Does he have stagger strings and plus on block normals? HKD into setup and what's his damage from his mix-up starters midscreen? Not asking for a tier list but would you consider him A tier in this game having good tools to deal with the cast?

I've always been team Sub Zero so thanks for all that you have done!
Are his frames decent and does he have a 6 or 7f D1/D3 and what's his D4 follow up with?

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
Oh god, is sub-zero going to be a dipshit with his clone like in mkx??
Man, that just sucked the fun out of the game

Lum@na

Noob
It's unclear to me what happens if you setup Diet Clone and they are holding block or roll out. I am extremely skeptical they are forced to take it.

LinKueiBrazilianAssassin

Character loyalist
It's unclear to me what happens if you setup Diet Clone and they are holding block or roll out. I am extremely skeptical they are forced to take it.
my theories are: the orb freezes you when you u2, not sure if you u3 tho, or block the u3 or dodge the u3. the rolls have a certain amount of strike invencibility frames, so if these frames were to end on the orb's hitbox you would probably freeze

BUT THATS JUST A THEORY

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
OMG Thank YOU so much!!
So his clone is back and viable? How good are his normals? Does he have stagger strings and plus on block normals? HKD into setup and what's his damage from his mix-up starters midscreen? Not asking for a tier list but would you consider him A tier in this game having good tools to deal with the cast?

I've always been team Sub Zero so thanks for all that you have done!
Are his frames decent and does he have a 6 or 7f D1/D3 and what's his D4 follow up with?
Not exactly lol.
For one it isn't in either tourney variations.
second, what I showed is just testing if it's possible to meaty them with it, them trying u2 is the ideal scenario here. Wakeup roll gets out and you're -, u3 stuffs it and they don't freeze and if they block you're -8. This is if you use the knockdown moves raw.

You can, however meaty it in different ways off a launch of if you manage to freeze them, shown here

You can react to backroll and do f4 to get +4 or punish, or even use slide.
Also i did f2 there at the end but if I do b3 (his low starter) we don't switch sides and they get frozen.

u3 however, destroys the orb even if you make the attack miss. it just goes away and they don't freeze. You can block the u3 obv but in the b2 xx orb one you can backdash then b1 to punish the whiffed u3 (I'm using Kabal's here which reaches pretty far).

Can I ask how Frost's Glaciar Calving ability works/looks? Is it a shield that moves/stays in place etc?
I know the beta was the same, but some of the move descriptions are vague as hell unless you see them in action.
She sets a sheild in front of her that slowly moves forward, moves like 2 characters away before disappearing. MB goes to a bit over halfscreen. Eats a projectile and gets destroyed, no reflect or anything.

Core trap make her toss her head as a projectile, wif it connects it sets up a square around the area of the collision with ice beams as the edges, if the eopponent touches it they get more and more frozen till they freeze fully.
Basically a reworked Captain cold lvl2 trait but looks way cooler.

Last edited:

Lum@na

Noob
That's legit. If they burn a bar to u3 and you duck or block, that's a great trade. Subbie might be pressuretastic if we ever get this in a tourny variation. You trade guaranteed damage for the pressure. I can dig that. My only issue is how much dps you can get when you decide to cash out and they can't breaker. If it's 35-40, I have a lot of hope for the Eskimo ninja.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Can we get the abilities for Erron, Lao, Sub, Shao, Kitana, Geras, Kano, Jax, Sonya, Johnny and Liu plz? :) Really appreciate it! Setting up these custom variations is hype lol

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Can you show erron black in action (tournament variations)?
it's more or less what I showed before.
differences is in 1st tourney variation he gets the anti-projectile stance from the kombat kast.
2nd one he gets the command grab instead of the shitty acid pouring move and he also gets a slide cancel, I posted the frames on the cancel few pages back. Also gets to MB f4 on block, does a low gunshot while he's on the ground (-10 on block).

I am labbing with him though coz I can't any combos with him and I'd like to believe that I'm wrong on this.

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
Is there any way you guys can look for johnny or raiden as announcers? If they are there then this dlc leak might be real. Thanks for all the info you've provided

iAmOME

Worst NRS player
differences is in 1st tourney variation he gets the anti-projectile stance from the kombat kast.
2nd one he gets the command grab instead of the shitty acid pouring move and he also gets a slide cancel, I posted the frames on the cancel few pages back. Also gets to MB f4 on block, does a low gunshot while he's on the ground (-10 on block).

I am labbing with him though coz I can't any combos with him and I'd like to believe that I'm wrong on this.
Does TNT toss, Amplified Locked and Loaded (does it have a follow-up that launches), and Outworld Gunslinger lead to combos?

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy

I know he has combos in 52 Kard Pickup with Enhanced Locked and Loaded, the other preset is looking a bit yikes in the combo department though lmao:

Could you check what his Amplified Scud Shot is on block in his 52 Kard Pickup variation, and whether it hits high or mid?

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Alright more abilities and nice little surprise at the end then I'm done with vids for the night (4:30 am here)

I'm noticing that a lot of the moves that took 3 slots before are 2 slots now (Sub orb, Geras rewind, Johnny stunt double etc).

Geras abilities

Lao abilities

Sonya abilities

Erron abilities

Kitana abilities

Shao Kahn abilities (all 1 slots, only one like that I think)

Johnny abilities

Jax abilites

Kano abilities

Jade abilities

Subzero abilities

Liu Kang abilities

and Lastly....... Kotal Kahn's second fatality

Does TNT toss, Amplified Locked and Loaded (does it have a follow-up that launches), and Outworld Gunslinger lead to combos?
TNT toss launches and its unblockable, but it can also hit you.. I should the MB in a vid, he shots before tossing it and you can press dd to cancel the toss. You can also hold the TNT then toss it once it's about to blow up or dd to cancel.

LnL has 2 launchers, d3 (-12) overhead, and and 2 (-1) mid.
He also gets another low where he fully lies down with d2 (fastest cancel out of LnL after it that i got is -33). Can MB for 2 extra shots as well.

I know he has combos in 52 Kard Pickup with Enhanced Locked and Loaded, the other preset is looking a bit yikes in the combo department though lmao:

Could you check what his Amplified Scud Shot is on block in his 52 Kard Pickup variation, and whether it hits high or mid?
hits mid.
Point blank it's -8, 2 characters away -6, 3/4s away is 0/+1, fullscreen is +4.
Start is 9 for the stance then 2 for the MB, according to the game anyway.

You can also use it as a stance cancel if you do the scud and don't hold it but the game won't show the frames for it for some reason.
It looks way better than Slide cancel though because it doesn't cost meter which also means there's no big MB flash to give it away, and it looks like a lot of his gun strings.

Tomorrow I'll try to finish up story mode (just to stop dodging all the spoiler threads) and post up Jacqui/Kollector/Kotal/Erron/Frost combos so coz they're the ones I played with the most.
If no one else covers them I'll do the last few characters' frames as well.

Again feel free to keep requesting (if there is anything left considering many more people got the game), but I'm still down to show stuff and answer/try out things till the actual release.

Last edited:

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
wait a minute....did yall know about the change to defensive meter? What forces it to disappear completely in a round?

it's 2min into this clip

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
wait a minute....did yall know about the change to defensive meter? What forces it to disappear completely in a round?

it's 2min into this clip
Seems like a cancel of some sorts.

Makes sense, considering most cost one defensive meter.