What's new

General/Other - Goro Goro General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPY

Noob
B4 is a good solution too, I got to test this....good idea.
Talking about 214 as an ender, I'm pretty sure it is not +3 on hit in this case because if the opponent is being juggled when hit by 214, he has to fall on the ground before recovering. Goro surely has more advantage.
I tested 214 as juggle ender - opponent lands at sweep distance, and Goro was unable to dash block Reptile exSlide, so if not +3 i assume it somewhat close to it.

Last edited:
Punchwalk and exPunchwalk are -4 on block, Tempest Kung Lao can punish it with exSpin for a combo. Plus for some reason if someone tries to 5f reversal my PW on block I cannot counter it with exPW, I only can block, backdash or get hit.
its actually -5. either way thats dumb could have sworn it was 0. Must have gotten changed back when other characters moves where hotfixed

SPY

Noob
its actually -5. either way thats dumb could have sworn it was 0. Must have gotten changed back when other characters moves where hotfixed
According to PC movelist framedata it's -4. It can be punished by Tempest Kung Lao exSpin (4f PC famedata) and cannot by Cassie Backflip (5f PC framedata), so i assume it is -4.
@RYX And yes, never seen it 0f.

Last edited:

learis1

Guardian Cadet
stop crying nerf please. the start up of it unenhanced is so slow it can be punished. not to mention you can dash forward or back if guessed correctly.
haha, I meant his other fullscreen unblockable. I have no problem with his derp jump, that's easy to avoid. It's his derp quake that bugs me.

edit: struck out my rudeness. I honestly don't find it that derpy and I think it's done much better this time compared to how what's his face's unblockables were in Injustice.

Last edited:
haha, I meant his other fullscreen unblockable. I have no problem with his derp jump, that's easy to avoid. It's his derp quake that bugs me.
its similar to jaxs air ground pound. either have to eat it or make a read and jump it. thats really all you can do. doesnt need to be nerfed

ruff321

Noob
oh god do not nerf ground pound they might as well remove KW variation if NRS did that. there's barely any goro presence in tournaments and if NRS decided to nerf punchwalk for no reason(go read runwaymafia's post) I got my pitchforks ready.

oh man I'm loving d1 on block into shokan grab, especially in his dragon fangs variation. his d1 is an absolute beast in that variation

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I use KW for the chest rush more than the ground pound honestly. It catches jumpers better than anything else Goro has and it's great for getting people back into the corner. If I don't have meter for EX punchwalk and I catch them trying to leave the corner I use it as a combo ender to toss them right back.

Do you guys use tele stomp as an ender in the corner sometimes? I find a lot of people don't know how to deal with it and it's a free flat 10% on top of whatever combo you were doing.

ruff321

Noob
I use KW for the chest rush more than the ground pound honestly. It catches jumpers better than anything else Goro has and it's great for getting people back into the corner. If I don't have meter for EX punchwalk and I catch them trying to leave the corner I use it as a combo ender to toss them right back.

Do you guys use tele stomp as an ender in the corner sometimes? I find a lot of people don't know how to deal with it and it's a free flat 10% on top of whatever combo you were doing.
His chest move is awesome for jumpers, but you should also start abusing d2 into MB ground pound. That's an easy guaranteed 26%

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
D2 doesn't have the reach that chest rush is good for(and it's best for characters jumping backwards, which d2 can't get), and also d2, MB ground pound uses meter for only 26%, i'd rather have the 12% AA plus corner potential and as much bar for EX Punchwalk as possible.

to be honest guys im really struggling to see how Goro is viable at all
He has no pressure, his zoning is mediocre at best in his Tigrar variation and he is utterly useless without meter.

Correct me if im wrong but i cant see how the big guy is remotely viable

RYX

BIG PUSHER
He has no pressure, his zoning is mediocre at best in his Tigrar variation and he is utterly useless without meter.

good thing goro's meterbuilding is jizztastic then

great pokes, great footsies in general, amazing corner game and strong frame traps

stop using tigrar for zoning

he's basically the baraka of MKX with a command grab

ruff321

Noob

but that 7f command grab though...

SPY

Noob

D1,D3,D4 are great pokes, PW and DB\FS gives him good pressure, you can potentially win with D1~SG\PW shenanigans alone. But he is slow, big target, his strings are short, no 50\50 mix up. Yes, he is not 50\50 mix up city or safe pressure machine like current top tiers, but he is easy to learn, specials oriented character. Plus he is four armed, 9 times MK champion, Shokan Prince badass!
he's basically the baraka of MKX with a command grab
Well, he is Sheeva of MKX.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
D1,D3,D4 are great pokes, PW and DB\FS give good pressure, you can potentially win with D1~SG\PW shenanigans alone. But he is slow, big target, his strings are short, no 50\50 mix up. Yes, he is not 50\50 mix up city or safe pressure machine like current top tiers, but he is easy to learn, specials oriented character. Plus he is four armed, 9 times MK champion, Shokan Prince badass!

Well, he is Sheeva of MKX.
sheeva plays nothing like him tbh, sheeva actually had pretty decent pressure

Baraka was aggressive footsies and corner game, and Goro is really good at both

regulas

Your Emporer

See basically Goro's playstyle is not based on chaining together overheads and lows and not based on spamming projectiles, which is for some reason what everyone thinks every character should do, so they assume he's bad...

SPY

Noob
sheeva plays nothing like him tbh, sheeva actually had pretty decent pressure

Baraka was aggressive footsies and corner game, and Goro is really good at both
I will not call her pressure "decent" more like gimmicky. She had no real pressure besides jip-blockstring and no mix up besides d3~low grab\string\grab and telestomps guessing.
She have some similarities with Goro: similar looking specials, strings and normals, just like Goro they slow and limited; big stature; full screen knock down on main special; d1~Shokan Grab instead of d3~Low Grab; almost no mixups and weak pressure; special oriented gameplay.
But Goro is more slow on foot, but have much better footsies and more special oriented than Sheeva. Plus some of her specials now devided between 2 variations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.