What's new

General/Other - Goro Goro General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
to be honest guys im really struggling to see how Goro is viable at all
He has no pressure, his zoning is mediocre at best in his Tigrar variation and he is utterly useless without meter.

Correct me if im wrong but i cant see how the big guy is remotely viable
you can't play him to zone or or just rush in. He's a thinking man's fighter

he's got great footsie range with f3 and he's almost always safe. be a wall of four armed force, push them into the corner, and destroy them

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Welp, I think I was hella wrong in thinking KW wouldn't be as good a variation as the others. Dunno about yall but I'm ass at anti-airing and KW makes that a lot easier with EN chest. Probably obvious, but threatening with Quake and then punishing jumps with chest lunge or stomp seems kinda hard to deal with for characters that don't have teleports or moves that change their trajectory in the air.

Been a bit more down on Tigrar. Fireball is better than the one in KW and DF, but I'm just not having success with the low flame. 2 xx low flame or 21 xx PW is a good 50/50 but you're burning meter for a guess. At this point I think I'd rather have bars for guaranteed punishes with AA EN chest lunge or poke into EN PW.

My feelings on DF are about the same. Good for extra damage and db.2 (the normal, not fang spin) is damn good. That shit reaches hella far and +7 means they have a really messed up guess to make between a poke and SG. Still don't know the MU's where I'd prefer DF over KW, but it still seems useful.

ruff321

Noob
Welp, I think I was hella wrong in thinking KW wouldn't be as good a variation as the others. Dunno about yall but I'm ass at anti-airing and KW makes that a lot easier with EN chest. Probably obvious, but threatening with Quake and then punishing jumps with chest lunge or stomp seems kinda hard to deal with for characters that don't have teleports or moves that change their trajectory in the air.

Been a bit more down on Tigrar. Fireball is better than the one in KW and DF, but I'm just not having success with the low flame. 2 xx low flame or 21 xx PW is a good 50/50 but you're burning meter for a guess. At this point I think I'd rather have bars for guaranteed punishes with AA EN chest lunge or poke into EN PW.

My feelings on DF are about the same. Good for extra damage and db.2 (the normal, not fang spin) is damn good. That shit reaches hella far and +7 means they have a really messed up guess to make between a poke and SG. Still don't know the MU's where I'd prefer DF over KW, but it still seems useful.
I been saying this since day 1. His lunge is an amazing AA and can punish whiffs from a distance as well as unsafe moves. DF is much more MU specific compared to the other two. Whats more is that I love how all three of his variations are completely viable. Very few characters in this game can claim that all three of their variations are viable, or at least useful in some way.

TZA

Noob
I'm surprised everyone has not started using KW exclusively, tbh. The mindgame of groundpound can get you a long way w/ some match ups!

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
I don't understand what the point of Fang Spin is. It seems like a worse version of Punchwalk, but he still had Punchwalk in that variation. Am I missing something?

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I'm surprised everyone has not started using KW exclusively, tbh. The mindgame of groundpound can get you a long way w/ some match ups!
I fail to see the use in using one variationn exclusively, I've been figuring out some fang stuff lately myself

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Also EX fangs tosses them close to you allowing you to follow up with b12u2 for a second combo extender letting you do larger total combo and damage.
In KW I'm getting MB.PW to connect with b12u2 with an easy short run-cancel.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
I don't understand what the point of Fang Spin is. It seems like a worse version of Punchwalk, but he still had Punchwalk in that variation. Am I missing something?
It also bounces them higher than EN PW so you get more damage from the spin and more damage from the combo. For example, if you do EN fang spin, you can get nj.P, b.2, f.3 xx cmd grab. If you do EN punch walk, you only get nj.P, f.3 xx cmd grab.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Someone educate me on Goro's mixups, realistic damage and what I can punish please.
His mixups midscreen are based on his low stomp and his command grabs.
Punchwalk is only -4 and he has two 5 frame pokes. ex Punchwalk has 2 hits of armor and is also a launcher and is also safe.

realistic damage is 30's in all variations.... with KW upping this damage with certain combo enders leading into an inescapable exGroundPound.

He plays in the same manner as SZ in that he wants to get you to the corner and then use his BODY as the barrier.
He can break armor wakeups with 3d3 which will link into full combo's in the corner, and exPunchwalk misdscreen. This gives him a legit safe OH/Low mixup, but again only in the corner.

f3 is by far his best normal.

You'll find it frustrating to use him..... simply because punchwalk can hit the first punch... and not recapture someone who is jumping out of neutral frames.

Shokan Grab is 7 frames though. It is a huge footsie tool and combo ender.

SPY

Noob
Someone educate me on Goro's mixups, realistic damage and what I can punish please.
Punish: Punch Walk and exPW and is mid -4. Dragon Fangs Fang Spin is all mid -2 and exFS is mid,mid,overhead -5. Kuatan chest charge is high -11. Stomp is unblockable -45, just backdash or run out. His greenball is high -20. Tigrar's straight fireball is high around -10, mb more.
His b12u2 string have around 7f gap between 2 and u2, 0f if last one is blocked. 112 is high,mid,overhead -30, last one is uncancelable. 214 is high, overhead, low -4, 21~PW or FS is most common bnb blockstring.
Mixups: b3 is short range cancelable low -19. 3d3 is short range high,overhead -2, cancleable only on hit, fast two hits can break armor, bigger combos in corner. d1\d3~Shokan Grab is tick throw setup on block, on hit he can do d1\d3-wait-SG. Tigrar Fury can do midscreen overhead\low with his safe(-2) Low Fireball - 112\11~LFB, 21\2~LFB, 3d3\3~LFB, exLFB(+8) will launch for juggle. Tigrar Fury can end strings with Dragon Breath(mid +13 on block) for pressure, but strings will have gaps if canceled intro DB or LFB.

Last edited:

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Any1 having serious issues vs HF Scorpion? That MU and TG are what are really bothering me with KW Goro atm.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I'm liking tigrar the most at the moment.

The free traps and fun and the guess between flame and pw is real.

121 pw builds half a bar of meter so I'm not afraid to burn a bar.

Flame is his best footsie tool and even better than f3. His hit box is far back and on block I get a free d4 or run cancel 121 flame/pw.

Overall, I love this variation more than the others.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Any1 having serious issues vs HF Scorpion? That MU and TG are what are really bothering me with KW Goro atm.
That matchup seems like it sucks. He can apply good run pressure in that variation by doing d.4 xx fireball cancel. Scorp is really + after the run, so all Goro can do is try and low profile the next attack if it's high or block if it's mid/low.

On top of that, ground hellfire makes it terribly difficult to approach and Scorp can check long ranging pokes like f.3 (and jump ins) with flame aura, which also works as an AA that leads to full combo. Teleport is a one size fits all move that takes care of quake, stomp and punch walk so Scorp doesn't really even have to think too much about Goro's zoning.

The person I was training with was leagues better than me so I'm not really qualified to say that it's for sure a bad MU based on that. But just looking at the tools and from the sets I've played, it certainly seems like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.