What's new

General/Other - Goro Goro General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
edit wrong thread lol

anyway I still love Goro, what do you guys think about him in the neutral game? He feels really good there thanks to how much distance he covers with punch walk's threat, makes it hard for people like Kenshi to do much

Last edited:

regulas

Your Emporer
Sonya bodies me :(
More information? We have pretty high speed and good reversal options, I would expect to loose for lack of combo's landed moreso then actually being dominated.

Reversals, these can be thrown out easily and often:
d3~Punchwalk(or better: spin) - 6 frames
Command grab - 7 frames

General Counter: EX-Punchwalk in response to her string or attack and you get a big dmg combo on them easily.

Gr1mgr1n84

Why ask why?! When HOW is so much more FUN!
Why is it that the moment I pick goro my opponent either will talk smack or just go random with attacks! Regardless if I win or lose they talk smack I don't understand!

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Is it impossible to cancel any special out of his 3d3 on block or it's just me?
I have no problem cancelling out of 3d3 on hit, I have no idea why it doesn't work on block.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Is it impossible to cancel any special out of his 3d3 on block or it's just me?
I have no problem cancelling out of 3d3 on hit, I have no idea why it doesn't work on block.
I don't think you can cancel 3d3 on block at all. Don't worry too much about it though, the string is only i think -2, which is better than punchwalk or fang spin on block

Im trying to work the command grab more into my gameplay. The problem i have is that it just seems to go straight through people. Im not doing it while they are in block stun still.... imnot that dumb lol
but it seems to be that they throw out a normal and my command grab just goes through it without grabbing then their normal hits me :p

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Im trying to work the command grab more into my gameplay. The problem i have is that it just seems to go straight through people. Im not doing it while they are in block stun still.... imnot that dumb lol
but it seems to be that they throw out a normal and my command grab just goes through it without grabbing then their normal hits me :p
his grab doesn't work if you haven't built up your punchwalk meter

I don't think you can cancel 3d3 on block at all. Don't worry too much about it though, the string is only i think -2, which is better than punchwalk or fang spin on block
punchwalk is 0 on block i believe. which can lead into a mb punchwalk if they decide to poke out.

SPY

Noob
punchwalk is 0 on block i believe. which can lead into a mb punchwalk if they decide to poke out.
Punchwalk and exPunchwalk are -4 on block, Tempest Kung Lao can punish it with exSpin for a combo. Plus for some reason if someone tries to 5f reversal my PW on block I cannot counter it with exPW, I only can block, backdash or get hit.

TZA

Noob
Sonya is tough because she is walking 50 50. You don't have much to counter the Guessing
I wish we had a reliable way to keep her out, I feel that Goro's anti airs aren't good enough to cover the divekick/regular jump-in mixup. I just try to get lucky with njp. We don't build enough meter to EX updown much either lol

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Worst thing about Goro combos is that the most damage enders dont let you pressure afterwards, they send the opp. waaaaay far from you:the grab, the pw, the chest pump, the dragon fang spin,.... Its so difficult to have a good rushdown gameplay with this issue.
At the end of a combo its sad you can only empty jump/walk, or slow proyectile or random stomp....perhaps the quake is the most efficient tool after a combo, thats why KW is perhaps the most viable variation against good players

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Worst thing about Goro combos is that the most damage enders dont let you pressure afterwards, they send the opp. waaaaay far from you:the grab, the pw, the chest pump, the dragon fang spin,.... Its so difficult to have a good rushdown gameplay with this issue.
At the end of a combo its sad you can only empty jump/walk, or slow proyectile or random stomp....perhaps the quake is the most efficient tool after a combo, thats why KW is perhaps the most viable variation against good players
Why aren't you doing everything in your power to put them in the corner

That's the only place you should ever want anybody at any given time

Honestly his pressure is lacking, I wouldn't consider him a rushdown character. He's based on offensive footsies with the crazy reach on his kicks and specials + an absurd knockdown game in the corner

Last edited:

Asodimazze

Goro has a decent combo ender that puts the opponent right in front of his feet, and that is 214. It works pretty well, but I usually prefer to go for max damage.

SPY

Noob
Goro has a decent combo ender that puts the opponent right in front of his feet, and that is 214. It works pretty well, but I usually prefer to go for max damage.
214 is +3 on hit, mb little more if you hit them high enough, so no mixups for Goro.
Most players forget that B4 exists. +20 on hit, more if hit higher, hard knockdown, sweep distance(lol). jip-b12u2-run-b12u2-njp-walk\run-b4 is 30% combo, if you nail those run cancels.

How are we punishjng mileenas blocked telekick sai ? It seemed free against me because of goros huge hitbox. Maybe it was just online but it seems oike she recovered too quick for goro to punish it.

SPY

Noob
wtf? is this a troll response or have i missed something?
1st variant obviously. Anyway, I will list when grabs will not work, so you can check what you did wrong.
It will whiff when they are:
in hit or block stun;
jumping;
doing specials or normals that have jump\hop animation(aka throw immunity);
backdashing;
use armored special or x-ray.
Additionaly normal grab will wiff if they are neutral crouching or doing crouching normals.

Last edited:

Asodimazze

214 is +3 on hit, mb little more if you hit them high enough, so no mixups for Goro.
Most players forget that B4 exists. +20 on hit, more if hit higher, hard knockdown, sweep distance(lol). jip-b12u2-run-b12u2-njp-walk\run-b4 is 30% combo, if you nail those run cancels.
B4 is a good solution too, I got to test this....good idea.
Talking about 214 as an ender, I'm pretty sure it is not +3 on hit in this case because if the opponent is being juggled when hit by 214, he has to fall on the ground before recovering. Goro surely has more advantage.

1st variant obviously. Anyway, I will list when grabs will not work, so you can check what you did wrong.
It will whiff when they are:
in hit or block stun;
jumping;
doing specials or normals that have jump\hop animation(aka throw immunity);
backdashing;
use armored special or x-ray.
Additionaly normal grab will wiff if they are neutral crouching or doing crouching normals.
ahhhh possible the hop animation thing..... worth knowing

Status
Not open for further replies.