What's new

Gorilla Grodd General Discussion Thread

LUNGE CANCEL INTO MB B3 IS SOME BROKE SHIT AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND U ALL MASTER IT!!!!!
That's what I was doing as the tech was found, it leads to like 60% damage lol but messing around with this "leap cancel" into lift and then air dash cross-up. It really comes to spacing and creativity with it and I just wonder if it's going to be fixed or it's intended. Hopefully the second as its adds a whole new layer to what this character can be.

TheRealOnlyGoonie

Hey You Guys
That's what I was doing as the tech was found, it leads to like 60% damage lol but messing around with this "leap cancel" into lift and then air dash cross-up. It really comes to spacing and creativity with it and I just wonder if it's going to be fixed or it's intended. Hopefully the second as its adds a whole new layer to what this character can be.
YA LUNGE CANCELS ARE THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!!

Skedar70

Noob
WHO ARE GRODDS WORST MU'S?? CURRNETLY I FIND AQUAMAN AND ATROCITUS TO BE TOUGH.
Atrocitus is not bad at all, I actually think its a winning MU. You can activate trait and completely nullify the cat. You can also mb charge and go through his shield. All he can do to try to stop you from getting in is his plasma vomit or whatever it is called. and atrocitus without the cat is a completely different beast.

Skedar70

Noob
Leap between straight shots, once he respects leap he can't just machine gun them anymore. If he hesitates get projectile immunity out or walk in. Convert every hit into a burst setup or restand and never let him get away.

It's a very boring matchup and you need godlike patience in long sets but it's no worse than 5-5 imo.
I can't leap in between shots, I get hit out of the air. Do you block the shot and then leap or are you ducking the shot and leaping. Is it a really tight gap or something?

I'm at work now so I can't test it, can Grodd cancel his stampede on wake-up to be safe without spending a bar of meter? Anyone knows or been doing it ?

So I was trying this stampede wake up cancel. I think it's an option only mid-screen, can't really avoid a good meaty, at least I can't. I was testing it on SG B123 and I was able to block. As well you have to cancel back so you don't say "please hit me" all the time. I fuckin hate that there is no block button here but can't do much about it. I was trying to do MB stampede to absorb maybe the first hit and stay safe but this is just executional horrorcore lol. Anyone got some cool vids or something? POST IT !!! I want more ideas and tactics BWOYS !!!

That Aquaman's shield get's beaten by Grodd's S3 all the time. It's a guessing game in Grodd's favor either he wakes up or not I'd say, especially with trait on cause of the psionic blast access.